Galaxy S3 Cracked Glass (Read this if it has happened to you!)

OP johnyardavid

18th September 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 146

270 posts
More
Mine is an At&t one. The glass I bought was nonspecific/international so I would assume yes.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
18th September 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #22  
Flag jacksonville, fl
Thanks Meter: 32

99 posts
Donate to Me
Well done sir. My screen has had a single line crack going across the middle, been that way for 2 months, and i havent been able to afford the 130 deductible to have the whole thing replaced. I knew someone would fivure this out eventually. A video would be great. Thanks again
18th September 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #23  
North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 558

3,205 posts
Sweet. Thanks for posting!! Hopefully I'll never need this tutorial but if I do you have made me feel much better about it. Props!! :thumbup:
19th September 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #24  
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 462

943 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey dude,

I contacted you on youtube, but I finally found your thread after searching with the correct terminology. I want to attempt to do the same with my chick friend's GS3; cracked glass but not screen/SMOLED display. Touch capacitance still works as per normal. I am located in Australia so I guess it would be a bit costly for us to send international and the wait would be a fair while. UPS took more than a month and a half to send my Intel SSD to me from Ebay, so not liking my chances of getting it there and back before you post a vid tutorial for me to attempt my self?? hmm

Will read the instructions thoroughly and then see if I can give it a go. I have never done anything like this before on a phone (not iPhone or anything) but have done laptops etc. So if I decide to give it a go I will make sure that record it and send to youtube

Thanks for your valued input to the forums man. We all appreciate it.

PS: your dog rocks! Love the clips on youtube haha
19th September 2012, 07:31 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 52

273 posts
More
wow this is awesome. I got a crack the 2nd day i owned it (slide out of my pocket when i crouched down to pet my dog).
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...32449593_n.jpg

I got used to the crack and it isnt that bad, but this would be tempting. Since my screen isnt all cracked besides the small corner, do you think mine would be easier to pull?
Last edited by hypertek; 19th September 2012 at 07:38 AM.
19th September 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #26  
Texarkana
Thanks Meter: 45

358 posts
More
Ordered the glass and tools. Should be here within 2 days. Only thing is it doesn't come with the 3m tape so I guess I'll just cut my own. I ordered the red front and will replace my white back if the red and white looks bad. Also will have a white button lol. O well it will be unique. One thing to note is all the replacement glass that they sell on ebay and such are not oem. Don't know if they are gorilla glass or not. Wish me luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
19th September 2012, 08:50 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 35

239 posts
More
i am also very interested in this ... only thing is i have a problem...

My glass isnt just cracked........its almost shattered ... everything works just fine ... just the glass ...

by the way ... im using the international s3 ..
19th September 2012, 09:00 AM   |  #28  
Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Is your video uploaded on this? Would be useful since i paid $200 for replacing the screen.
19th September 2012, 09:59 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 52

273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3kgtman

Ordered the glass and tools. Should be here within 2 days. Only thing is it doesn't come with the 3m tape so I guess I'll just cut my own. I ordered the red front and will replace my white back if the red and white looks bad. Also will have a white button lol. O well it will be unique. One thing to note is all the replacement glass that they sell on ebay and such are not oem. Don't know if they are gorilla glass or not. Wish me luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hey when you get the parts, think you can take pics of your process or anything? I know you probably won't stop to take a pic with the glass off otherwise there is the possibility of getting dust on it in that time, but another person verifying that they accomplished it would be great to hear.
19th September 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #30  
Texarkana
Thanks Meter: 45

358 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertek

Hey when you get the parts, think you can take pics of your process or anything? I know you probably won't stop to take a pic with the glass off otherwise there is the possibility of getting dust on it in that time, but another person verifying that they accomplished it would be great to hear.

Plan on videoing if possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread