FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Nexus 7 doused in KY jelly. Best way to clean it?

17th September 2012, 03:49 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
My Nexus 7 got doused by KY Jelly.
It was in a Yoomee Folio case and covered by a screen protector.

I wish I had taken a photo of what it looked like before wiping things off. Suffice it to say that the screen was completely beaded with the KY Jelly and the inside surface of the folio case was soaked. There was some seepage to the back cover of the tablet.

I was able to wipe off most the lubricant. The case itself is sticky and being porous, I think it will be a loss. The front is covered by a residual film of KY that I can't seem to wipe off. I'll probably just have to take off the screen protector and replace it, but considering it took 2 screen protectors to get a perfect application, I'd prefer not to do that. The back cover is still a tad slippery.

What's the best way to get KY Jelly off your Nexus 7?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to circiutcity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th September 2012, 03:53 AM |#2  
Toaster Strudels's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by circiutcity

My Nexus 7 got doused by KY Jelly.
It was in a Yoomee Folio case and covered by a screen protector.

I wish I had taken a photo of what it looked like before wiping things off. Suffice it to say that the screen was completely beaded with the KY Jelly and the inside surface of the folio case was soaked. There was some seepage to the back cover of the tablet.

I was able to wipe off most the lubricant. The case itself is sticky and being porous, I think it will be a loss. The front is covered by a residual film of KY that I can't seem to wipe off. I'll probably just have to take off the screen protector and replace it, but considering it took 2 screen protectors to get a perfect application, I'd prefer not to do that. The back cover is still a tad slippery.

What's the best way to get KY Jelly off your Nexus 7?

LOOOOOLLLLL

Sent from my Pebble Blue GS3 on Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Toaster Strudels For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2012, 03:56 AM |#3  
‹BERô's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 8,952
 
Donate to Me
More
Trolling?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent White Tapatalk 2
17th September 2012, 03:58 AM |#4  
erica_renee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 527
 
Donate to Me
More
OMG if it were me to have done that.I would never ever post it on the forum.. Ok i have to ask why where you using your tablet and that stuff together at the same time. Or even have them at the same place..

with the fun over.. ON TOPIC

I WOULD USE A ALCOHOL BASE SPRAY CLEANER . The alcohol will remove the residue and evaporate without causing water damage. I have used alcohol to clean electronic boards from everything spilled on notebook/ so on.


Good Luck . you might just have the . I BROKE MY TABLET STORY OF THE DECADE
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to erica_renee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2012, 04:03 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by circiutcity

What's the best way to get KY Jelly off your Nexus 7?

KY is a water based jelly so a damp cloth should be more then enough to remove every single trace from the flat surfaces. You will need to clean and wring your cloth multiple times to remove the buildup. Just be very careful to not make it too wet. It should be damp.

For the other places that it has snuck in, let the jelly dry then you should be able to rub it off.

For future play sessions you might prefer to obtain another device that is easier to use and thus less likely to be covered. I hear the iPhone can be quite popular and it has a vibration mode as a bonus.


Quote:
Originally Posted by circiutcity

I wish I had taken a photo of what it looked like before wiping things off.

Suffice to say that it's probably a good thing you didn't.
Last edited by glowworm62; 17th September 2012 at 04:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to glowworm62 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2012, 04:06 AM |#6  
suprakarma's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Some electronic stores try bestbuy or radioshack ,have wipe towels with special solution dedicated for electronics, and if for the gaps where the jelly accessed try a guitar pick or something thinner wrapped on a towel with alcohol and q-tips for the porous surface

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by suprakarma; 17th September 2012 at 04:12 AM.
17th September 2012, 04:08 AM |#7  
RockNrolling's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BERô

Trolling?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent White Tapatalk 2

I'm inclined to agree with you especially since it's this user's first post ever.
Regardless, this is still somewhat entertaining.


Quote:
Originally Posted by circiutcity

What's the best way to get KY Jelly off your Nexus 7?

Since that particular lubricant is water-based, I would recommend letting your N7 sit for awhile. This should allow the water in the lube to evaporate. You can then wipe up the remaining residue. In the future, I'd recommend placing the N7 out of reach while applying lubricant.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7
17th September 2012, 04:14 AM |#8  
player911's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 952
 
Donate to Me
More
I always throw my N7 in the toilet for a good soaking after bathing KY. YMMV
17th September 2012, 04:15 AM |#9  
RockNrolling's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee

OMG if it were me to have done that.I would never ever post it on the forum.. Ok i have to ask why where you using your tablet and that stuff together at the same time. Or even have them at the same place..

with the fun over.. ON TOPIC

I WOULD USE A ALCOHOL BASE SPRAY CLEANER . The alcohol will remove the residue and evaporate without causing water damage. I have used alcohol to clean electronic boards from everything spilled on notebook/ so on.


Good Luck . you might just have the . I BROKE MY TABLET STORY OF THE DECADE

Is there any particular reason you capitalize entire words/sentences in your posts?
I'm not trying to be rude; I'm genuinely curious.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7
17th September 2012, 04:21 AM |#10  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,219
 
More
well, the seven doesn't have a vibrator, and is relatively wide, so I don't think I want to find out why it was covered in ky jelly. but water would be the best option to wash it off with. maybe a wipe down with alcohol too, in those hard to reach places.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes