Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Is it possible to root Micromax a87 ninja 4?

OP orphansmith

17th September 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #1  
orphansmith's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Hi

Is there any chance to root above nlmentioned phone.
It used gb 2.3.5 version. ,
If any body pls PM me

Thanks in advance.
Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to orphansmith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphansmith

Hi

Is there any chance to root above nlmentioned phone.
It used gb 2.3.5 version. ,
If any body pls PM me

Thanks in advance.
Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda app-developers app


I have just bought it too..

Need help in rooting.
18th September 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #3  
AshishRao's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Yes!
Developers!

We need help. I too have to root my Micromax A87. Please find out!! Many are asking.

Waiting.
18th September 2012, 12:03 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
micromax a87 rooting
i too have same problem..... pls inform me if it can be rooted.....
18th September 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Please guide us to root micromax a87 it is a quite good hardware just the ram is too less ie 256 and also the internal memory, i just want to root it to get rid of the extra internal memory occupied by existing rom and to tweak the rom for extra free ram, because some of the games shutdown while opening up ..that is maybe because of less ram...i hav tested asphalt 7 in this thing it works well but not the games like cut the rope,

Worked games: Asphalt 7, skaterboy, Wheres my water, fruit ninja

Not working: temple run, cut the rope, Angry birds !! all editions (after downloading from play store it says package invalid)

Other issues: very less multitasking, apps do not remember the last state while resuming,

Lets take the first step towards rooting, i got this screen while i tried to go into the recovery screen connecting it to pc and pressing Volume up + Power,


i had no idea what to do, the options can be highlighted using volume keys and select with power key, i chose to reboot and it started normally.
While in pc it detects the device micromax a87 as a cdrom drive

i also downloaded the drivers which i got on micromax site - download
they have some intresting stuff i didnt played wd them yet

Any further requests please let me know
20th September 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Bilaspur (c.g.)
Thanks Meter: 7
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Angry
The Procedure Here--
1. download the attachments here.
2. download this : unlockroot23.rar (mediafire.com/?jrzuezl8s5t8k0s)
3. download android sdk from Android SDK | Android Developers.
----Driver for Micromax A57 by micromax superphone website ---
and install it by following the instruction onthe page.
4.extract the usb.ini file in the ".android" folder located at C:/users/(ur_ computer name)/.android
5.You dont need to create this folder it should already exist...after you installed the sdk.
6.download and install unlock root from step 2
7. go to your phone's settings->applications->development and enable USB Debugging NOW connect your phone to PC.
8. go to C:/users/(ur_computer name)/android-sdk/platform-tools
9.open command line there
10 type adb devices (hit enter)
11. verify that A87 is listed.
12. now run unlock root. and click root option.
13. Done
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arvindbsp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindbsp

The Procedure Here--
1. download the attachments here.
2. download this : unlockroot23.rar (mediafire.com/?jrzuezl8s5t8k0s)
3. download android sdk from Android SDK | Android Developers.
----Driver for Micromax A57 by micromax superphone website ---
and install it by following the instruction onthe page.
4.extract the usb.ini file in the ".android" folder located at C:/users/(ur_ computer name)/.android
5.You dont need to create this folder it should already exist...after you installed the sdk.
6.download and install unlock root from step 2
7. go to your phone's settings->applications->development and enable USB Debugging NOW connect your phone to PC.
8. go to C:/users/(ur_computer name)/android-sdk/platform-tools
9.open command line there
10 type adb devices (hit enter)
11. verify that A87 is listed.
12. now run unlock root. and click root option.
13. Done

Any Body tried this..
The Following User Says Thank You to Arnovk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #8  
tauquirahmed93's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 36
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnovk

Any Body tried this..

I successfully rooted my Ninja3 A57 using this method. Ninja2 A56 can also be rooted via this method. I think it will work.
Last edited by tauquirahmed93; 20th September 2012 at 04:10 PM.
20th September 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Not successful
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindbsp

The Procedure Here--
1. download the attachments here.
2. download this : unlockroot23.rar (mediafire.com/?jrzuezl8s5t8k0s)
3. download android sdk from Android SDK | Android Developers.
----Driver for Micromax A57 by micromax superphone website ---
and install it by following the instruction onthe page.
4.extract the usb.ini file in the ".android" folder located at C:/users/(ur_ computer name)/.android
5.You dont need to create this folder it should already exist...after you installed the sdk.
6.download and install unlock root from step 2
7. go to your phone's settings->applications->development and enable USB Debugging NOW connect your phone to PC.
8. go to C:/users/(ur_computer name)/android-sdk/platform-tools
9.open command line there
10 type adb devices (hit enter)
11. verify that A87 is listed.
12. now run unlock root. and click root option.
13. Done

What do you mean by extracting the usb.ini file inn your step "4". i mean its just a text file. hw can we extract it. the drivers of the phone are successfully installed and "Android Composite ADB Interface" is showing in the device manager but still "adb devices" command is not showing the connected phone. USB Debugging is enabled.
20th September 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #10  
tauquirahmed93's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 36
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by india.vikrant

What do you mean by extracting the usb.ini file inn your step "4". i mean its just a text file. hw can we extract it. the drivers of the phone are successfully installed and "Android Composite ADB Interface" is showing in the device manager but still "adb devices" command is not showing the connected phone. USB Debugging is enabled.

I have attached the adb_usb.ini file. If it still doesn't work, tell me. I will try my best to help you. Best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip adb_usb.zip - [Click for QR Code] (201 Bytes, 2849 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tauquirahmed93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes