Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROOT] <Generic topic about verified root exploit>

OP jcase

8th December 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
no, is possible with a root tool for sony mobile phone - a little crazy but works
8th December 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #22  
nora_noob's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 4
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Root for 7.2.2
If somebody here is still searchng, have a look to this thread :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2035334

It indeed works!
8th December 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 39
 
253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Thanks so much took a few tries but got it to work!
12th December 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Hey guys, I have Kindle Fire HD 16gig, version 7.2.2. I managed to get as far as this..

adb shell
echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop

Until I get permission denied, anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks
21st December 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Did you do the reboot in the right places? Might also try the HTC Sensation temp root which is based on this method. It provides 2 batch files to automate the temp root part. Just need to manually mount the filesystem as writeable and install SU binary and app.

src: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1661631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khasar2012

Hey guys, I have Kindle Fire HD 16gig, version 7.2.2. I managed to get as far as this..

adb shell
echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop

Until I get permission denied, anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

Last edited by kaiser4782787890; 21st December 2012 at 06:12 AM.
1st January 2013, 04:09 AM   |  #26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
I'm rooted and want to add Google Play but when I click on some of the needed downloads my monitor just keeps flashing and never completes the download. Any ideas?
1st January 2013, 06:06 AM   |  #27  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Prompt Root and Google Play for Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Software Version 7.2.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke33

I'm rooted and want to add Google Play but when I click on some of the needed downloads my monitor just keeps flashing and never completes the download. Any ideas?

Clarke33,

Hmmm, maybe your Internet Service provider is having trouble tonight. Try again tomorrow AM,

if you still have trouble call me anytime after 11am PST GMT -8.
19th January 2013, 01:46 PM   |  #28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
The question was asked in the other forum and not answered. If I can change system permission why do I need to root my device? With the first command I get rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied. Makes sense. What Is the secret? What version of adb should I be using?
24th January 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #29  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Root Kindle Fire HD and 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockmon

The question was asked in the other forum and not answered. If I can change system permission why do I need to root my device? With the first command I get rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied. Makes sense. What Is the secret? What version of adb should I be using?

dockmon,

I am sorry for the delayed response, we were down for over 1 week. Anyway, How can you change system permissions, this is only allowed if you are Rooted.We go by the date. The current ADB is 01/05/2013, our Noob Guide has the latest software and ADB. If you go here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069117

You will be able to obtain the latest versions of the software. There is no secret, just some steps that take advantage of a known exploit in Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Rooting gives you power to do anything on your Kindle, it is worth taking the time to Root. We are back, responding to the posts now.
1st February 2013, 02:07 PM   |  #30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa

dockmon,
I am sorry for the delayed response, we were down for over 1 week. Anyway, How can you change system permissions, this is only allowed if you are Rooted.We go by the date. The current ADB is 01/05/2013, our Noob Guide has the latest software and ADB. If you go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069117

Hi prokennuxusa,

Can You tell me if I can use Your tutorial to root my new Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (System version 8.1.4_user_1413620)?

I just need a Google Play Store but if I understand correctly I first need to root my device to be able to do that...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes