Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DIY Smart Cover TF700

Tip us?
 
ailai55
Old
(Last edited by ailai55; 18th September 2012 at 01:03 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default DIY Smart Cover TF700

Finally solved this problem and can uninstall Awesome on/off.
UPDATE : for right now it does not work with stock ROM.

Tablet :tf700
ROM: Unofficial JB4.11

http://youtu.be/_BUQ8xFcoGI
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ailai55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ImYoungxD
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jul 2012
I don't understand ... All I can think of the glass breaking when you apply pressure to the case.
 
ailai55
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImYoungxD View Post
I don't understand ... All I can think of the glass breaking when you apply pressure to the case.
I don't understand your reply. I did not press the case. And the sound is from case itself.
 
tobnddl
Old
#4  
tobnddl's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Does this work only with the JB ROM, or will it work with stock. With the right magnet (or strip), this could be just what a lot of folks are looking for.
If this was helpful, "thanks" is appreciated!
 
ailai55
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobnddl View Post
Does this work only with the JB ROM, or will it work with stock. With the right magnet (or strip), this could be just what a lot of folks are looking for.
I did not test it with stock rom.
May be someone can have a try.
Only problem right now is I need a smaller or thinner magnet. The one in the video is still toomagnetic. When I fold the cover back it can still wake and sleep my tablet.
 
tobnddl
Old
#6  
tobnddl's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailai55 View Post
I did not test it with stock rom.
May be someone can have a try.
Only problem right now is I need a smaller or thinner magnet. The one in the video is still toomagnetic. When I fold the cover back it can still wake and sleep my tablet.
Well, I tried with stock just now, and got nothing. Either my magnets (I tried several from the fridge, including one neodium) weren't strong enough, or there is a setting in the JB ROM (build.prop or the kernel perhaps?) that allows this. I am hoping that this is hackable, but am waiting until JB to root/unlock. Really would like this feature though.
If this was helpful, "thanks" is appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to tobnddl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jhollender
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2010
Can you give some details about what you did? Is that just a normal magnet? What size/strength?
 
ailai55
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollender View Post
Can you give some details about what you did? Is that just a normal magnet? What size/strength?
Just a normal magnet from my fridge. It's about 5 mm wide (diameter)and 3 mm thick.

But it is still too thick and strong.
 
jhollender
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2010
Where does the magnet need to touch? I tried this on stock with a magnet and I can't get it to do anything.
 
ailai55
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2009
According to others test, it doesn't work with stock rom
I am using Jb unofficial

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes