[ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012]

OP sparkym3

19th September 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 797

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
This tool will root your device based on my qemu local.prop root method.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC
Attached Files
File Type: zip QemuRoot_v1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.28 MB, 128609 views)
File Type: zip Kindle_Fire_HD_ADB_Drivers.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.95 MB, 177241 views)
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #2  

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Latest Supported Versions:
v7.1.5

Recent user reported supported version
v7.2.1
Last edited by sparkym3; 24th October 2012 at 04:26 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

118 posts
More
Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...
19th September 2012, 05:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

157 posts
Wrong thread sorry about that
19th September 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag North Potomac, MD
Thanks Meter: 14

81 posts
More
Works perfectly. Thank you!

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app
19th September 2012, 12:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:

Hi sparkym3!
Thanks for your tools!
I love your tools in TF300 and TF700!

One questions about TF300, do you know anything about the APX mode and useful tools in APX mode?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

Helpful tip:

Hello, sparkym3!
Is there some mistake in the tool? Both the step 3 and step 5 are the same...
Code:
Step3:Checking for access...
	type isroot | adb shell | find "#"
	if %errorlevel% == 1 goto NOTROOT
Code:
Step5:Checking superuser...
19th September 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 849

891 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by padest.com

Hi sparkym3!
Thanks for your tools!
I love your tools in TF300 and TF700!

One questions about TF300, do you know anything about the APX mode and useful tools in APX mode?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Hello, sparkym3!
Is there some mistake in the tool? Both the step 3 and step 5 are the same...

Code:
Step3:Checking for access...
Code:
Step5:Checking superuser...

Both of those lines are checking for the "#" instead of the "$" to ensure that it has root access.
19th September 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendkjr

Both of those lines are checking for the "#" instead of the "$" to ensure that it has root access.

Thanks.

I get it.
19th September 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

71 posts
ADB is unresponsive
Quote:
Originally Posted by androitri

Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...

I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcHargue

I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

got it. My file,
"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7
The Following User Says Thank You to PMcHargue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #10  

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcHargue

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

got it. My file,
"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7

Interesting, I don't even have that file. I assume it is used to block devices so you could have one plug in for charging and ADB would just ignore it if it is not in the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread