Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012]

Tip us?

sparkym3
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012]

This tool will root your device based on my qemu local.prop root method.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC
Attached Files
File Type: zip QemuRoot_v1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.28 MB, 120521 views)
File Type: zip Kindle_Fire_HD_ADB_Drivers.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.95 MB, 162031 views)

Donate To Me

SparkyRoot Apk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24540453

DebugFS Root Tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706588

TF700 - Transformer Infinity, 32GB, Grey, Rooted, Series C7
---TF201 - Swapped previously owned Transformer Prime series BCOKAS through BestBuy exchange---
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sparkym3
Old
(Last edited by sparkym3; 24th October 2012 at 03:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Latest Supported Versions:
v7.1.5

Recent user reported supported version
v7.2.1

Donate To Me

SparkyRoot Apk

DebugFS Root Tool

---TF201 - Swapped previously owned Transformer Prime series BCOKAS through BestBuy exchange---
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androitri
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...

Aali1011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Wrong thread sorry about that

timurg
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Works perfectly. Thank you!

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app

padest.com
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3 View Post

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
Hi sparkym3!
Thanks for your tools!
I love your tools in TF300 and TF700!

One questions about TF300, do you know anything about the APX mode and useful tools in APX mode?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3 View Post

Helpful tip:
Hello, sparkym3!
Is there some mistake in the tool? Both the step 3 and step 5 are the same...
Code:
Step3:Checking for access...
	type isroot | adb shell | find "#"
	if %errorlevel% == 1 goto NOTROOT
Code:
Step5:Checking superuser...

reverendkjr
Old
Thanks Meter 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by padest.com View Post
Hi sparkym3!
Thanks for your tools!
I love your tools in TF300 and TF700!

One questions about TF300, do you know anything about the APX mode and useful tools in APX mode?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Hello, sparkym3!
Is there some mistake in the tool? Both the step 3 and step 5 are the same...
Code:
Step3:Checking for access...
Code:
Step5:Checking superuser...
Both of those lines are checking for the "#" instead of the "$" to ensure that it has root access.
Come visit the REVTV Website

DOWNLOAD MY APP FROM THE MARKET

Current Devices: HTC Sensation 4G, Amazon Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad... AND A GOOGLE NEXUS 7
YouTube Channel
Facebook Page
Twitter Page
Google+ Page

padest.com
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendkjr View Post
Both of those lines are checking for the "#" instead of the "$" to ensure that it has root access.
Thanks.

I get it.

PMcHargue
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default ADB is unresponsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by androitri View Post
Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...
I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcHargue View Post
I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick
got it. My file,
"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7
The Following User Says Thank You to PMcHargue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sparkym3
Old
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcHargue View Post

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

got it. My file,
"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7
Interesting, I don't even have that file. I assume it is used to block devices so you could have one plug in for charging and ADB would just ignore it if it is not in the list.

Donate To Me

SparkyRoot Apk

DebugFS Root Tool

The Following User Says Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]