Well it seems that I messed up. Big time.
I got to step 3, and that's where all hell breaks loose. I get message on the cmd window which reads Cannot find specified file, and everything goes downhill from there. There's no more updating whatsoever. But that's not the bad part, I tried messing around with my kindle, and everything is now incredibly slow. The lag is unbearably bad. I'm in process of resetting everything to factory default at this moment.
EDIT: Just reset to factory default, everything is smooth again, but be careful when trying this exploit, things can go wrong!
I'm thinking there was something I did wrong, if this seems unfamiliar I'll list the steps I took in trying to manage everything. But I know you're thinking I did this on impulse, hence my low post count, but I have been lurking the kfhd subforum for a very long time now and have tried my best to educate myself. Sorry.