144 posts
More
Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strothmann

Thanks for the tip

"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

worked!

Not for me. ADB still won't recognize it.
23rd September 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 10

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoolster

Not for me. ADB still won't recognize it.

Try this. Under the 'android-sdk' directory placed when you installed the Android SDK, (you did install that, yes?) locate & select the 'tools' directory. From Windows 7, hold down <shift> on the keyboard, and right click on the 'tools' sub-directory. Select 'Open Command Window Here' to open a command prompt in the 'tools' sub-directory.

In the command window, type "android update adb" (no quotes)

This should cause the SDK to refresh it's list of connected devices, which will update the '.INI' file if it detected the device. If it didn't detect the device, you're still boned.

Pat
23rd September 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 13

72 posts
More
Was able to get it, and this method worked great once I was able to get the device detected. Had to uninstall the Kindle drivers once, and after the reinstall it showed up as a composite device. Thanks for the easy rooting method, perfect for novices like myself.
Last edited by Z_Black; 23rd September 2012 at 09:16 PM.
23rd September 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
How i can check if the kindle is rooted? What Appear on the cmd windows? daemon started succesfully?
24th September 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 13

72 posts
More
I am far from an expert on this, but if you are using this method here, once you believe the process is finished, you should see the SuperUser app in your app list on the device itself.
24th September 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Black

I am far from an expert on this, but if you are using this method here, once you believe the process is finished, you should see the SuperUser app in your app list on the device itself.

Thanks you, works perfect
27th September 2012, 08:18 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
help
i keep getting daemon daemon not running starting on port 5037 daemon started successfully, then nothing happens? anyone know the problem. kindle fire hd i just got it today from best buy

then i tried in my laptop and it says ADB drivers failed to installed properly to install them manually. so it does not work in my desktop nor laptop.
Last edited by spliter200; 27th September 2012 at 08:32 AM.
27th September 2012, 11:08 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 58

364 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spliter200

i keep getting daemon daemon not running starting on port 5037 daemon started successfully, then nothing happens? anyone know the problem. kindle fire hd i just got it today from best buy

then i tried in my laptop and it says ADB drivers failed to installed properly to install them manually. so it does not work in my desktop nor laptop.

I had the same problem. You should install ADB tools. Just gooogle it. After that put an .ini file in specific folder. And after that it will work.
As for the messege you get from your PC, it is ok. I got this messege too, but the drivers are ok.

Thanks for the tip

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

worked!
27th September 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #29  

44 posts
help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodycd

I had the same problem. You should install ADB tools. Just gooogle it. After that put an .ini file in specific folder. And after that it will work.
As for the messege you get from your PC, it is ok. I got this messege too, but the drivers are ok.

Thanks for the tip

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

worked!

wow i am a total noob i downloaded from the internet but i dont know what to do with it.
28th September 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #30  

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spliter200

wow i am a total noob i downloaded from the internet but i dont know what to do with it.

never mind i did follow the manual way using the cmd, i had to several times install and uninstall the drivers. finally it worked and i got it rooted. now i have installed the android market. download the youtube app and several games from the marked and they worked fine. thanks for the tutorial on how to root the kindle fire hd.

The Following User Says Thank You to spliter200 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread