[All-in-one] Dedicated Goodbyes/ Thanks thread

Search This thread

tatperson

Oct 2, 2010
Singapore
So here it is! The one thread where people should put in their "Goodbye and thanks" posts together!

Feel free to post which device you're moving on to, which particular dev you would like to thank, and *maybe* the reason why you decided to leave.

PS: I won't be leaving until my next upgrade next July ;)... Or maybe not... :/

Sent from that Atrix... Motorola, where's my ICS?!

Last edited:

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa
Farewell atrix community. The phone was awesome but the digitizer problems became unbearable. Props to kenpenn, turl, jokersax, and the rest of the atrix dev team for making this phone worth keeping. Happy flashing everyone!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

bimasakti85

Sep 22, 2010
Yogyakarta
Same with me, got problems with the digitizer. So I decided to move on another phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

xitrumch

May 10, 2008
Same with me, got problems with the digitizer. So I decided to move on another phone.

This Atrix 4G is the worse phone I have ever had up until now (because of a single yet extremely annoying problem, digitizer). The problem with the digitizer was so well-known that I saw almost everyone who owns an Atrix will have it sooner or later. For me, I have to go servicing the digitizer 3 times in 1 year, and now since the warranty has just been over, the next time that it fail, I will immediately throw it to the dust bin

I can't understand why Motorola decided to save $$ on some cheap parts that could eventually cost them more $$ in servicing/replacement, and even more in terms of reputation in a long run. That's why even when I really love Android (and Linux in general), I couldn't deny the fact that Iphone is such a great phone that you don't have to worry about it getting spoilt 1 day so easily like the other Android phone...

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm not having any problems with either of my 2 atrixes digitizers at all and haven't for 9 months. That's not to say I wont but can I just ask, how hard on the screen are you fellas? How do you care for it, have you overclocked, screen protector, case, kept in pockets with other objects? Just wondering what could be causing the problem cuz I never oc, screen protector from day one, case, rarely in a pocket, but when it is its by itself, keep it clean, don't over flash roms. My phone is not just mine. Its the house phone, mini pc (only really use my laptop when there is something I absolutely can't do on my phone or tablet) my lifeline. I'm just curious.

bimasakti85

Sep 22, 2010
Yogyakarta
I'm not having any problems with either of my 2 atrixes digitizers at all and haven't for 9 months. That's not to say I wont but can I just ask, how hard on the screen are you fellas? How do you care for it, have you overclocked, screen protector, case, kept in pockets with other objects? Just wondering what could be causing the problem cuz I never oc, screen protector from day one, case, rarely in a pocket, but when it is its by itself, keep it clean, don't over flash roms. My phone is not just mine. Its the house phone, mini pc (only really use my laptop when there is something I absolutely can't do on my phone or tablet) my lifeline. I'm just curious.

Mine was because accidentally fall, but its not so high just about 30 cm... After that there is dead area around 1/3 up of the screen.

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa

I always used screen protectors, never dropped it, never overclocked
, no water damage. All did was install cm7 and it was working fine until June when small strips of the screen stopped registering touch.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

rickwood

Mar 10, 2011
I've moved on to the Galaxy S III. Passed my Atrix on to my daughter. Never had any hardware issues with the Atrix, and I bought it in Feb of 2011 on the day it was released. No digitizer issues even after numerous hard drops. In fact, I once was using it while running on the treadmill and it fell onto the belt (face down). It traveled the length of the belt and then lodged between the guard and the belt. It lodged so hard that it actually stopped the belt from turning. Cheap rubber case and screen protector were completely destroyed, but absolutely no damage to the phone. So, my experience has been that the Atrix hardware is rock solid! It's still a fantastic phone, and my daughter is loving it. Will be even better with ICS!

nathan96

Jan 23, 2012
Sold my Atrix for 333$, Got the Xperia U two days ago and I must say that this little beast is way better then the Atrix !!!
And getting official ICS in two weeks :D
Thanks for all the great support !

dulexetina

Apr 17, 2010
I am also leaving the atrix section,just got a htc evo 3d :) Atrix is a lovely phone,not some beauty queen,but it can do-however-the hardware wise its a peace of ****! The wifi and bluetooth are gone on my second atrix and it is just too much for me+the front camera wont start ever :( Good luck to all people with this device and goodbye :)

ross1998

Mar 31, 2012
auburn
I also just left atrix, i left because my atrix got stolen and for me i didnt really care cause it had wifi issues and front cam was blurry. My favorite dev was epicenter because of his jb releases. I just bought a tmobile galaxy s3 because tmobile offered me awsome value plan. I have 5 lines so they offered me all the lines have unlimited text, 2 lines have 5gb data 2 lines have unlimited calling and the rest have 500 minutes each and im only paying 140 after tax per month so thats better then atnt cause with atnt i was paying 220 about the same stuff. Plus i got good deal on a galaxy s3 for 350 brand new in box on craigslist. Overall i liked the atrix cause before i had atrix all my other android phones required different bootloaders and defferent recoverys for like different roms or required modifying hboot but on atrix its just flash and go

bimasakti85

Sep 22, 2010
Yogyakarta
I also just left atrix, i left because my atrix got stolen and for me i didnt really care cause it had wifi issues and front cam was blurry. My favorite dev was epicenter because of his jb releases. I just bought a tmobile galaxy s3 because tmobile offered me awsome value plan. I have 5 lines so they offered me all the lines have unlimited text, 2 lines have 5gb data 2 lines have unlimited calling and the rest have 500 minutes each and im only paying 140 after tax per month so thats better then atnt cause with atnt i was paying 220 about the same stuff. Plus i got good deal on a galaxy s3 for 350 brand new in box on craigslist. Overall i liked the atrix cause before i had atrix all my other android phones required different bootloaders and defferent recoverys for like different roms or required modifying hboot but on atrix its just flash and go

Its epinter, not epicenter....

pookeyster

Feb 28, 2011
Got the S3 recently. I loved my Atrix..it was my first Android phone and it just showed me how customizable the OS really is. The phone is so beastly- even bought a few tegra only games in the past to take advantage of the processing power. Babied it like crazy and kept the phone mint up until the day I sold it this week. Wanted to thank all the devs for the how-to's and roms.

tatperson

Oct 2, 2010
Singapore
I guess many people will be leaving after Motorola's "announcement" that the Atrix will remain on Gingerbread...

Sent from my #Motofail... Further Plans coming soon...

acidtreat101

Jan 28, 2009
Yeah it's goodbye for me. As soon as the Xperia T comes out for AT&T I will be getting that. I won't be getting another Motorola phone ever again, probably.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well guys...I'm done. Tried to boot my Atrix recently, but it's completely dead. Can't complain though since it worked great for almost 3 years.

The Atrix was my first Android device, and this was the first Xda forum I visited. This forum was a great place with lots of friendly & helpful people, and great development as well. I learned so much and owe thanks to a lot of members.

mmontuori - for being a friend and helping me learn to build from source
    Grey.Mouser - for being a friend
    samcripp - too much to list..Sam is just awesome...
    epinter
    stevendeb25
    the2dcour (why does everyone forget him?)
    KrystianP
    kennethpenn
    faux123
    turl1
    eval-
    NFHimself
    Vazay
    _Alex_
    (The members listed above are devs and/or friends and/or moderators that impacted me personally, and is not meant to be all-inclusive.)

I'd like to thank everyone that enjoyed flashing my ROMs as much as I enjoyed building them.

I'll never forget the excitement of the ICS leaks. Man was that fun (even though we never got official ICS)! :D

I will leave all my Atrix files in my AFH Atrix Folder

Peace out guys. See you around Xda.
    So here it is! The one thread where people should put in their "Goodbye and thanks" posts together!

Feel free to post which device you're moving on to, which particular dev you would like to thank, and *maybe* the reason why you decided to leave.

PS: I won't be leaving until my next upgrade next July ;)... Or maybe not... :/

Sent from that Atrix... Motorola, where's my ICS?!
    Well, the time has come for me to say goodbye to this awesome community. I already ordered a GS2, and its going to be here tomorrow, and my Atrix died last week, so i don't have anything to do here anymore. Maybe you will still see me around, because i will not stop supporting the supportmymoto and updatemymoto campaign, as i think that what Motorola have done with our update is outrageous, but not as frequent as before.

I really really enjoyed the pasts months hanging around here with you guys. The "next tuesday" jokes, even though at the end they weren't fun anymore. The excitement about hearing that the phone will receive ICS, then the let down from Moto, but that brought the community back together, and we started some parallel projects to raise the Atrix back from the ashes. I enjoyed all those moments and was pretty happy here. Too bad that i never had the chance to flash the long awaited leak that epinter just got it hands on, but im so happy for you guys.

This is not a farewell, but a see you later. You guys were awesome.

spike_bang_spadow_end.png
    I'm sad to be leaving but I've changed jobs and decided to upgrade to the HTC One which is a great handset so far. I've left my atrix with a very good friend of mine that will make great use of it for atleast another year.

Quick thanks to (in no particular order) jokersax11, epinter, ravilov, Th3Bill, Faux123, Notorious544d, mmontuori, romracer, upndwn4par, jjwatmyself, atrix-dev-team, and many others!
    Hey guys,
    Just letting you know I will no longer be here. I either (A) lost my atrix or (B) it was stolen... (I don't lose things very often) So it won't be until next year until I get another phone... (If I ever get one lol...)

But I will still try to bring you the things I promised... (Midterms week atm...) I enjoyed working with you all, especially the old devs & themers... (Nottach especially) Hopefully they can get JB to work. Until then...

Stay safe everyone & Happy Holidays! See you around!