1. Samsung KIES installed
2. ODIN v1.85 installed
3. Cable Connector
4. Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 ONLY!
Before proceeding make sure you have met all the required items above.
1. Make sure your on 2.2.x firmware (FROYO). Go to settings then about, look for android version.
2. Once sure, download XXKPE and XXKPQ (You may choose any 2.3.6 firmware but XXKPQ is the most used if not mistaken) here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1004647
3. Download ODIN http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd...din3-v1.85.zip
4. Then follow the guide here CAREFULLY! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1133787
Once done, you're now in gingerbread. You may want to ROOT it now, so
1. Turn off the phone, go to download mode by holding power + home + volume down.
2. Once in download mode, open odin then connect to pc.
3. Check if your phone is detected by odin you must see color yellow in the box with the port no. and a word "Added!" in log screen.
4. Download bagaria.tar in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1351056 or in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1331253 choose what fits your firmware example your in XXKPQ choose xxkpq cf-root.
5. Click PDA then browse the .tar file. Then Start.
6. Wait a second and phone will boot itself. Your now rooted. But you need to wipe cache in recovery mode to do this hold power + home + volume up then clear cache and dalvik cache. Reboot. Done.
Overclocking is a procedure wherein we push the limit of our CPU, the current is 1000 ghz. The most stable OC is 1200 ghz. So the Kernel is the one responsible for doing this job. If you go to our development thread. You can browse search read there about kernels. For short, kernel is what you flash when you root it. Right cf-root is the kernel itself. So try browsing and choosing the kernel you want. Make sure its for GB firmware only. There is a kernel w/c is in .tar file, if you happened to see this just repeat the above step in how to root but if its in .zip,
1. ClockworkMod also known as CWM is like uhmmm BIOS! in our PC. You already have this cause your now rooted. So next is,
2. Save the file to your SD card example UCkernel.zip
3. Go to recovery mode, hold power + home + volume up
4. Install zip from sd card.
5. Choose the .zip file
6. Before rebooting, wipe cache/dalvik cache.
7. Open wifi/if you dont have download it in PC.
8. Download "No Frills CPU Control"
9. From there you can now choose the frequency you want.
ROM stands for Read Only Memory where your firmware/apps are stored. Also uhhmm it also has something to do with the User Interface. LOL cant explain clearly but once your rooted you can now try Custom Roms which can be found in dev. area.
You can choose diff. ROMS in dev area, make sure its GB version only. (I'll update this w/ ICS and JB if this thread is approved by the mods and devs). Installing roms is just like installing kernels with .zip file. Same instruction.
Well, Theming is for deodexed rom. A deodexed roms are usually Custom Roms. Stock Roms are odexed Rom. Go to your file explorer like Root explorer etc. Go to system/app and you can see your system apps there if you cant see any .odex file and only .apks then your deodexed already. Here's the link for our themes http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1369. Too many and i tell you, you cant really you choose from them LOL. Just try all those themes who suits your taste. A corresponding theme has its way on how to flash it. Just read Carefully though its not dangerous.
Make sure you have drivers installed in your PC
Just download DDLF2 here and flash like the old days. If not sure how, the procedure is included there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329200
No more XXKPE. Flash it directly.
Now if you want to try out other Alpha 4 Based Roms, flash first CM10 Alpha 4 by Dhiru in CWM recovery then flash the Rom you want. Goodluck!