Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Ref] Note 2 Dev List the Unofficial.

Tip us?

cincyelite22
Old
(Last edited by cincyelite22; 22nd October 2012 at 01:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 812

DONATE TO ME
Default [Ref] Note 2 Dev List the Unofficial.

This is the unofficial thread to find the list of developers for the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

If you are a developer and or ROM maker/cooker would like to confirm that you are going to dev on this device please send me a pm, and I will add you to the list. In past experiences these types of threads have shown to be very helpful to build dev support for a device, and also to help people decide on a device.

What, actually is the list for?
Basically its for people and devs to see all the dev support the device will have. This sometimes is the deciding factor for getting a phone. If there's huge dev support more people will come. This makes it easier for people to find information on what devs will be supporting the note 2.

To pm me and get added to the list Click Here.

Let's make this Galaxy Note II community awesome!

Confirmed Developers
1.Utacka
2.thering1975
3.DakiX
4.::indie::
5.m3dd0g
6.Crash 1976
7.g.lewarne
8.toxicthunder
9.awesomehacker
10.KashaMalaga
11.-Viperboy-
12.lennyuk
13.Dexter_nlb
14.DocRambone
15.imilka
16.f3w1n
17.kristofpetho
18.mike1986.
19.Stavr0s91i
20.wanam
21.xator91
22.Beukhof1
23.ptmr3
24.Anas M.I
25.cpu999
26.AndreiLux
27.Chainfire
28.Patrics83
29.Chenglu
30.bigbiff
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cincyelite22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leafsacc
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread. I just want to ask "Do you think there be a lot of development for this phone?" Particularly for Note II, in general for future Samsung phones.

I just finished watching this video here or here and I just heard about some developers leaving Samsung altogether? Samsung locking bootloaders? Samsung getting too big for their own ego?

I currently own the Int'l N7000 and I found the development to be good for what I want. I didn't check out the i717 thread but I assume they are fair.

I'm not really experienced in rooting but I found Samsung Note to be fairly straight forward. I recently rooted an HTC Amaze 4G and the numerous steps plus the lack of info made me never to buy an HTC phone (even if I do like the HTC One X, my friend has the North American version and he said development is low there).

This is one reason why I'm holding out on the Note II until Feb 2013, maybe even Sept 2013 (in case Note 3) comes out because I want to see how the development plays out.

I know the phone just came out, but I assumed International Note development should be all hunky dory but I never know. Makes me not want to switch devices. I had an Int'l Galaxy S2 previously and development for that is great!

I hear Sony development is awesome. But then, I think I'll just go get a Nexus for ease of development (but the screen is so small!)

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyelite22 View Post

Confirmed Developers
1.Utacka
2.thering1975
3.DakiX
4.::indie::
The Following User Says Thank You to leafsacc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

entwicklun
Old
Thanks Meter 51
thanks leafsacc, I wasn't aware of this until now. I'm still not sure what's going on but I assumed there would be a way around a bootloader, as coders always find a way

but reading the below, says it could have been verizon which was the cause of the bootloader, not samsung. so why is xdadevtv directing his video to samsung? is it because no open source was given for the s3? has it still not been released? will it be? anyone care to sum it up for some of us who aren't in the know? :>

Quote:
Based on Samsung’s track record of always shipping devices with unlocked bootloaders, we can all safely deduce that Verizon is the one to blame here.
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-iii-unlocked/
The Following User Says Thank You to entwicklun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Utacka
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5379

DONATE TO ME
For starters cm will not support n7100 if samsung dont change their ways. atleast the current dev team in cm will not support newer samsung exynos devices. i9300/n80xx was the last. Only way to get n7100 supported is if samsung cooperate or a new dev join cm dev team.

Without cm support i cannot do my paranoidandroid from source as I do with n7000. Time will tell if some new dev join cm samsung team or samsung get their act together. Dont look good though.

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Utacka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m3dd0g
Old
Thanks Meter 4536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utacka View Post
For starters cm will not support n7100 if samsung dont change their ways. atleast the current dev team in cm will not support newer samsung exynos devices. i9300/n80xx was the last. Only way to get n7100 supported is if samsung cooperate or a new dev join cm dev team.

Without cm support i cannot do my paranoidandroid from source as I do with n7000. Time will tell if some new dev join cm samsung team or samsung get their act together. Dont look good though.

Whoops not good news i need also sources...

jbounours
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Well I don't get it because it is sharing most of the hardware with S3 so the stuff should be at least ported easily.

Now I understand Samsung being a complete ass with their proprietary drivers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jbounours For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Utacka
Old
(Last edited by Utacka; 3rd October 2012 at 02:07 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbounours View Post
Well I don't get it because it is sharing most of the hardware with S3 so the stuff should be at least ported easily.

Now I understand Samsung being a complete ass with their proprietary drivers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
You still need one of the dev maintaining exynos devices to buy n7100 and then maintaining it... we can hope for someone to step up but its their freetime and money. Entropy512 told me he would be buying at&t version which is nearly identical if samsung would change their behavior. All we can do for now is to sit and wait...

DakiX
Old
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys, my ROM is finally finished and now uploaded at 89%.
I need a tester! My Note 2 has not arrived yet

Please write via PM.
My ROMs:

Quote:
Galaxy S3 I9300: ENERGY HD
Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Urban HD
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000: Urban HD
Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800: Zeta / Nexness PRO
Galaxy S4 I9505: Urban HD

My Stuff..

One M8
OnePlus One
LG G3

sumeshd
Old
Thanks Meter 490
You forgot chainfire..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Pressing "THANKS" is EASY than saying it!!

E90 Commie
Old
Thanks Meter 212
This is a great thread. I hope more chefs will chime in.

I am considering a Note II but it is absolutely vital that CM is developed for it, together with Paranoid Android. Especially since Key Lime Pie (CM11?) is be around the corner.

I also think it is important with AOSP/AOKP development for it.

So I hope the issue will be sorted during this month. If not, I am afraid that I have to consider a different game plan.

Buying a device without proper developer support is a no go for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to E90 Commie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]