Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[APP][2.1+] FTP Server Ultimate - FTP, SFTP, FTPS server with multi-user, no-root

OP Themuzz

20th September 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380

725 posts
Unlike other FTP Server apps we have released an FTP Server with almost all the features you can think of. Some features FTP Server Ultimate has and most other apps don't have:

- Add multiple users: and give every user their own root, allow write access and force stay in given root directory
- Run FTP server over SSL (FTPS Implicit) to have a secure connection
- Or run FTP server over SSH (SFTP) to be even more secure! With even support for Secure Copy (SCP) and public key authentication.
- Run multiple servers at the same time!
- Extensive logging!
- No root needed!

And more features:
- Start/Stop a FTP server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Optionally only allow specified IP addresses to access a FTP Server
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- UTF-8 support
- Optional anonymous access
- The FTP Server can be accessed from the web (for example through your 3G connection) if supported by your mobile network
- No more need for an USB cable
- Share files with other devices

You can download it for free from Google Play (see the link below). I would appreciate it if you could leave a message stating what you think of the app, whether it works ok and whether you are missing anything. Quite some time has been put into it.

FTP Server Ultimate on Google Play

Video review by JIMMYMCGEE:
XDA TV

FAQ

How come I can't run a server on a port below 1024?
That is a limitation of Android. However, you can try out our app Port Forwarder Ultimate which allows you to access the server on a port below 1024! So you can for example run it on port 21.

All feedback is welcome!
Last edited by Themuzz; 18th October 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added video review link
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Themuzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

725 posts
No feedback yet? I would really appreciate it if someone could try it out and let me know what you think of it. I really have put some time into it
Thanks
28th September 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

725 posts
Did anyone try the app yet?
28th September 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag Nagoya, Japan
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
I tried it just now!

I dig it!

A suggestion if I may:

Add a little more dummy-proofing like tell them their connect string is "ftp://192.168.0.7:41839/" or whatever... and for both public and local URLs. Instead of just letting them know their current port number and IP addresses, etc. People familiar with FTP and FTPS will get it but n00bs will get lost.

In all I dig it tho! I'll use it!

Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Vibrate on Connect (with my Galaxy Note SC-05D) isn't working.

And a status window with connected users (IP and/or login_name) and current operation (sending, receiving, CD folder name, etc) would be really nice - and in the basic version - it's kind of a safety thing IMO. Then press-holding on a user name should bring up an option panel menu: Kick, Kick-ban IP, Kick-Ban UserName, (and in the pay version: Send message).

Here's a little treat for ya... Opened into PhotoShop directly from my SC-05D phone:

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/T...y/FTP_Grab.png

Now all I need is a gopher server and I'll be in retro-la-la-land! (j/k of course)
Last edited by Bifurcator; 28th September 2012 at 02:49 AM.
29th September 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

725 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifurcator

I tried it just now!

I dig it!

A suggestion if I may:

Add a little more dummy-proofing like tell them their connect string is "ftp://192.168.0.7:41839/" or whatever... and for both public and local URLs. Instead of just letting them know their current port number and IP addresses, etc. People familiar with FTP and FTPS will get it but n00bs will get lost.

In all I dig it tho! I'll use it!

Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Vibrate on Connect (with my Galaxy Note SC-05D) isn't working.

And a status window with connected users (IP and/or login_name) and current operation (sending, receiving, CD folder name, etc) would be really nice - and in the basic version - it's kind of a safety thing IMO. Then press-holding on a user name should bring up an option panel menu: Kick, Kick-ban IP, Kick-Ban UserName, (and in the pay version: Send message).

Here's a little treat for ya... Opened into PhotoShop directly from my SC-05D phone:

http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/T...y/FTP_Grab.png

Now all I need is a gopher server and I'll be in retro-la-la-land! (j/k of course)

Great to hear it's all working ok! Did you also try the sftp or ftps server? Thanks for the feedback!
Would you also be able to leave a review on Play? I would really appreciate that!

Did anyone else try the app??
30th September 2012, 05:30 AM   |  #6  
Flag Nagoya, Japan
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themuzz

Great to hear it's all working ok! Did you also try the sftp or ftps server? Thanks for the feedback!
Would you also be able to leave a review on Play? I would really appreciate that!

I did all those things yesterday!

3rd October 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Port-au-Prince
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themuzz

Unlike other FTP Server apps we have released an FTP Server with almost all the features you can think of. Some features FTP Server Ultimate has and most other apps don't have:

- Add multiple users: and give every user their own root, allow write access and force stay in given root directory
- Run FTP server over SSL (FTPS Implicit) to have a secure connection
- Or run FTP server over SSH (SFTP) to be even more secure! With even support for Secure Copy (SCP) and public key authentication.
- Run multiple servers at the same time!
- Extensive logging!
- No root needed!

And more features:
- Start/Stop a FTP server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Optionally only allow specified IP addresses to access a FTP Server
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- UTF-8 support
- Optional anonymous access
- The FTP Server can be accessed from the web (for example through your 3G connection) if supported by your mobile network
- No more need for an USB cable
- Share files with other devices

You can download it for free from Google Play (see the link below). I would appreciate it if you could leave a message stating what you think of the app, whether it works ok and whether you are missing anything. Quite some time has been put into it.

FTP Server Ultimate on Google Play

FAQ

How come I can't run a server on a port below 1024?
That is a limitation of Android. However, you can try out our app Port Forwarder Ultimate which allows you to access the server on a port below 1024! So you can for example run it on port 21.

All feedback is welcome!

How to access from the web?
I'm using it and it works great!
3rd October 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 32

138 posts
More
Are all of the same features present in your "servers ultimate " app?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
3rd October 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Great APP! Thanks!
3rd October 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 5,712

7,170 posts
More
This got featured on the XDA portal!

Downloading and reviewing just for the sake of the hard work you put.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ftp, ftps, server, sftp, ssh
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank