Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ALL LTE discussions here please

Tip us?

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod - OP
Thanks Meter 25431

DONATE TO ME
Default ALL LTE discussions here please

The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baghera1979
Old
Thanks Meter 281

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone in or around lansdale gotten lte yet? Still waiting for the towers round here to light up. Only time got lte was when I was down in Philly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Gadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Loving LTE in the 916 area code, Sacramento, Carmichael, Roseville, Lincoln, Citrus Heights. I had it for about a week before AT&T announced its rollout. My sppeds aren't the fastest but its certainly better than H+!

via my ParanoidedAndroided GSIII
The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgetz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zmore
Old
Thanks Meter 877
Just to be contraryian... I'm loving the not using my LTE in NYC, because datacaps suck.
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

Gadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore View Post
Just to be contraryian... I'm loving the not using my LTE in NYC, because datacaps suck.
I have just a 3gb plan so I have to deal with a cap either way, might as well enjoy the speed boost.

via my ParanoidedAndroided GSIII

hapticxchaos
Old
Thanks Meter 119
ever since they flipped the switch on lte in michigan, me and my other line have been unable to send text messages...wtfffffff

whats even stranger is that i can send them when im on hspa+???????????

lgkahn
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapticxchaos View Post
ever since they flipped the switch on lte in michigan, me and my other line have been unable to send text messages...wtfffffff

whats even stranger is that i can send them when im on hspa+???????????
any reports of lte working in ann arbor thanks

PhoenixIce22
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Rogers I747M

Question to those with the Rogers I747M running stock.

When you get connected to LTE, does the on screen data indicator show 4G or LTE?

I unlocked my phone to get it onto the MTS LTE (Manitoba) network, but it's only showing up 4G and want to know if maybe Rogers modified the software to not display an LTE icon like the manual shows.

On a side note, the MTS LTE network SUCKS. So far I'm barely getting any good speeds and MTS claims everything is fine on the network side. I will continue to talk with them to hopefully get better speeds. If there's any MTS LTE members here, if you're getting good speeds, feel free to give me tips!

Cheers!

theraffman
Old
Thanks Meter 139
I was in Modesto last week and had lte, I was like "how the hell does Modesto have lte and sac doesn't" lol. I guess this answers my question.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

ghudgins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default the force switch from LTE -> 3G when a call comes in is causing problems

Anyone else see their phone take too long to switch from LTE to 3G when a call comes in? This results in the person calling getting rings and then voicemail, but no missed call on your device. It only happens when the LTE->3G switch takes a bit to get started...but I'm noticing it quite a bit.

I called AT&T and they just "reset" my account, but that had little effect. What gives??

(I'm in the Washington DC metropolitan area)