Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ALL LTE discussions here please

OP KennyG123

22nd September 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I *think* so....but the hard part is most people don't usually leave voicemail so its difficult to recognize. AT&T said its probably because new LTE towers are going up...but to me that sounds like a lousy excuse.

I guess I just want to see if its possible that its the ROM/kernal that caused this or if its a byproduct of LTE

Thanks for hearing me out man....I could always flash back to stock and see what that does

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
22nd September 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #22  
Flag BC
Thanks Meter: 136

777 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulihpoeht

When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.

Had the same issue, only shows LTE in stock or rooted stock however I had to do a clean reinstall of rooted stock for it to show up again.
22nd September 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1,284

2,714 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixIce22

Question to those with the Rogers I747M running stock.

When you get connected to LTE, does the on screen data indicator show 4G or LTE?

I unlocked my phone to get it onto the MTS LTE (Manitoba) network, but it's only showing up 4G and want to know if maybe Rogers modified the software to not display an LTE icon like the manual shows.

On a side note, the MTS LTE network SUCKS. So far I'm barely getting any good speeds and MTS claims everything is fine on the network side. I will continue to talk with them to hopefully get better speeds. If there's any MTS LTE members here, if you're getting good speeds, feel free to give me tips!

Cheers!

My stock and rooted i747m on Rogers shows LTE when available.
The Following User Says Thank You to themadproducer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #24  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 820

1,847 posts
More
I don't know what is happening with Rogers today but just set a record lte speed test in Toronto: 62mbps! See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-22-11-43-36.jpg
Views:	1200
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1345750  
22nd September 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #25  

4 posts
Thanks for the response
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschumake83

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Hey thanks for your response.

But the issue I am having is that I am seeing H+ and not 4g, plus I have done speed tests and my speeds are about 4Mb down and 1 Mb up which is a far cry from what I used to get from touchqiz roms and I can easily see that my connections is extremely slower when I am watching HD videos on youtube

Please help!!
23rd September 2012, 06:47 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dee

I don't know what is happening with Rogers today but just set a record lte speed test in Toronto: 62mbps! See attached.

Thats pretty awesome
23rd September 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #27  
Flag orefield PA
Thanks Meter: 41

245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skapoor12

Hey thanks for your response.

But the issue I am having is that I am seeing H+ and not 4g, plus I have done speed tests and my speeds are about 4Mb down and 1 Mb up which is a far cry from what I used to get from touchqiz roms and I can easily see that my connections is extremely slower when I am watching HD videos on youtube

Please help!!

Aokp has the lte toggle correct?
Is this turned on

Did you check your apn to make sure its correct. Im not sure about your carrier but att has 2 apn's one for all connections and one for everything but lte. I cant test lte atm, but hopefully soon, my town is on the list for before 2013.

I would check apn first, if not wipe everything, system data cache dalvic, and reflash. If not try another rom.

Edit- I just reread your original post. Disregard the apn stuff, I forgot you already did that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Last edited by kschumake83; 23rd September 2012 at 09:10 PM.
24th September 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #28  
Flag Gatineau

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadproducer

My stock and rooted i747m on Rogers shows LTE when available.

I can also confirm this. On stock unrooted AND rooted, It shows "LTE". the only time I saw "4G" was with custom ROM.

before I upgraded my SIM to LTE, I was on HSPA+ and the ATT ROMS showed 4G also so it has different meanings... but if you see LTE, you're good to go.
24th September 2012, 05:47 AM   |  #29  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 80

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dee

Damn 62? Never got that high on AT&T, the highest I got was 50mbps down and 20mbps up
24th September 2012, 06:35 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 7

76 posts
Just got my gs3 today. Finally got home to Portland and was pleasantly surprised with my first couple speed tests. I know itll be slower when more people are on bur wowow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1348461276374.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1349796  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread