Post Reply

Galaxy Pocket S5300 MAK-DROID Help Needed

OP moxas

20th September 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Hello guys, couple days back I quit smoking so i had some spare time and I thought I could improve my 1st android phone. Well, I am smoking this very moment and I have a very nice paperweight on my desk.
ROM: t=1873652

I've tried installing the ROM, but it didn't work. I've done everything exactly as in the tutorial, but I got stuck.
So I got past these steps:
* Download the CWM for pocket from here
* Copy update.zip into your internal memory
* Go to recovery mode (Vol-up + Home + Power)
* Choose apply Update from SD card
* Select update.zip file
* Wipe data factory reset,
* Wipe Cache data

but then I tried installing the ROM itself from the SD card I got the error "E:Can't mount /sdcard/"

I can't cancel the installation or boot my system, I don't have a data cable, although I have a card reader if that helps. My android was on the S5300XXLF5 stock firmware and I am using CWM v5.0.2.8. Oh and everytime I try to reboot the device from CWM menu it just freezes all I'm seeing is the console with the "Rebooting..." at the bottom of it.
What should I do now? I want to either get this ROM working or just getting my phone to work with any firmware - any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

update1
I get an error even before that, it pops up during "Data Factory Reset" procedure:
E: format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblklp2
Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!
Skipping format...
Data wipe complete.

oh and BTW, CWM getting stuck in the "rebooting..." stage is a perk of this build apparently...
Last edited by moxas; 20th September 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: more relevant info
22nd September 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Where did you get your ROM? Did you download the Mak-Droid ROM?

Copy the zip file to your sdcard. After you get the CWM running, you proceed to installing your new ROM. Read the instructions carefully.

And if you are stuck in rebooting, if you read the instructions- it tells you to manually reboot by pressing the power button. After this reboot, it will go back to the original MOD the you reboot again.

This should work for you...
24th September 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
I had the same experience. Just manually reboot the phone.

It is stated on the instructions that the reboot option on CWM for galaxy pocket doesn't work as of now.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using xda app-developers app
24th September 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubion

Where did you get your ROM? Did you download the Mak-Droid ROM?

Copy the zip file to your sdcard. After you get the CWM running, you proceed to installing your new ROM. Read the instructions carefully.

And if you are stuck in rebooting, if you read the instructions- it tells you to manually reboot by pressing the power button. After this reboot, it will go back to the original MOD the you reboot again.

This should work for you...

i have followed all the instructions carefully and i believe i meet all the requirements.. the FW is S5300XXLF5 but i encounter a different error.. it says:
installing update...
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 2)
Installation aborted.

HELP??
25th September 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
did you use cwm?

try to wipe cache and data after flashing then proceed to installing makdroid..lets see if everything will be fine now..
26th September 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard1928

did you use cwm?

try to wipe cache and data after flashing then proceed to installing makdroid..lets see if everything will be fine now..

The cwm is the update.zip right?? If it is, i already used it..
.Update from sd card
.chose update.zip
.data wipe
.cache wipe
.update from sd card
.chose the makdroid.zip
Here comes the error
:'(
26th September 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #7  
craftech's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Pretoria
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Video Video clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikkk07

The cwm is the update.zip right?? If it is, i already used it..
.Update from sd card
.chose update.zip
.data wipe
.cache wipe
.update from sd card
.chose the makdroid.zip
Here comes the error
:'(

Suggestion: Maybe someone that flashed with makdroid successfully can make a short video clip and post it on youtube
28th September 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #8  
dnzdeniz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 26
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
You just have problem with your sd... Just buy a new one...
1st October 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
CWM E:Can't mount /sdcard/
Quote:

* Download the CWM for pocket from here
1. Copy update.zip into your internal memory
2. Go to recovery mode (Vol-up + Home + Power)
3. Choose apply Update from SD card
4. Select update.zip file
5. Wipe data factory reset,
6. Wipe Cache data
7. Install from SD card
8. Choose GT-S5300_MAK-DROID.zip & install
* Please wait
9. Reboot system now (Hold the power key for restarting the phone)
10. Again restart system now
* Done (Thanks for read & follow carefully)



I got my problem in step #7 when i click the install from SD card it has an error and it says "E:Can't mount /sdcard/", I also tried to go in Mount and Storage Menu i click the mount/sdcard and it has also an error saying "Error Mounting Sdcard" any help please
15th October 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #10  
Yenkazu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Sulawesi, Makassar
Thanks Meter: 237
 
660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashboard07

I got my problem in step #7 when i click the install from SD card it has an error and it says "E:Can't mount /sdcard/", I also tried to go in Mount and Storage Menu i click the mount/sdcard and it has also an error saying "Error Mounting Sdcard" any help please

use for internal sd card
dont use ext sd card ( micro sd )
because this phone doesnt have fully compatible with CWM yet
hope helps =)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Upgrading, Modifying and Unlocking by ThreadRank