Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status/notification bar disappears

Tip us?

nvrmore100
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Well it is happening on my kfhd as well. Guess I will have to do a reset as well but rather not to tell the truth. Maybe unregister and reregister or is that the same thing

Update: just went into gmail and after closing, the bar is back! WT.
I tried the unregister/register and it didn't help. I realized that I did not install Gmail this time either, another difference from last time. Perhaps its the culprit?

alkemist80
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I have a very good feeling it is gmail. I did not have this issue until after I installed gmail and the notifications started to come in.

That is when I started to see on instances the notification bar disappearing. Going back to the original carousel, opening gmail seems to have fixed the issue. In the play store, it says that it was updated for 7" tablets (most likely for nexus 7) but perhaps not having the proper support for the KFHD7. Uninstalled gmail and everything is back to normal.

Varlokkur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It has been two days since my status bar disappeared. After opening GMail, it reappeared and has stayed without any more problems (knock on wood).
So... don't despair, GMail can work with the fire!

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

spliter200
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Question same problem happened to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlokkur View Post
It has been two days since my status bar disappeared. After opening GMail, it reappeared and has stayed without any more problems (knock on wood).
So... don't despair, GMail can work with the fire!

my kindle is rooted

this happened to me today after i installed accountsandsynsettings apk and allowed gmail to syn opening gmail has returned the notification settings. oddly it was when i got an email at two 2am that i noticed the notification bar disappearing tried shutting down the kindle then turn on but will not fix . but since i open gmail its back.

Varlokkur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It definitely appears to be caused by Gmail. Just turn off notifications from Gmail in the app settings and you will no longer encounter the issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Varlokkur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottep1964
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same problem. I went into "Settings" and there is a section to manage Notification settings. I just turned off notifications to apps I didn't need and the problem stopped. I didn't go as far as figuring out which App was responsible but it seems that certain apps can screw it up.
The Following User Says Thank You to scottep1964 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mobiletnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same issue. Playing with different scenarios. Worst case I will re-install from scratch.

Varlokkur
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Again, Gmail is a sufficient cause.. there may be other apps as well, but if you disable Gmail notifications it will most likely solve the problem

JAG50
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Thanks man! I did exactly as you described and my notification bar is back. What is causing it to disappear?

Jeff

alkemist80
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Amazon and google not playing nice. Gotta remember that you are sideloading it onto the KFHD.

Rooted Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)
Rooted Nexus 5
Rooted HP Touchpad - Dual Boot - ICS