5,600,612 Members 32,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status/notification bar disappears

Tip us?
 
Krept
Old
#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2011
First, apologies if this is a necro, but it popped up at the top of a Google search and the breadcrumbs left by/there here helped solve the problem.

I was having a similar problem. Rooted, changed device name via Amazon and had both Yahoo and GMail apps installed. I had been experiencing loss of the bar for about an hour and was trying to check my Yahoo acct and noticed Yahoo checked for new mail, but no mail ever populated. No change after reboot. I then uninstalled Yahoo and immediately got the “Talk has stopped“ error, then the bar came right back. The name on the Kindle simply reads “My Kindle“ as opposed to the registered name or the name I changed it to. Thus, while the nature of the error may remain unknown, there is additional support for a communication error and a fairly easy remedy.
 
JAG50
Old
#22  
JAG50's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 435
Join Date: Apr 2011
Darn, I had same problem a while ago and found solution in one of the threads. So the good news is that there is a fix. Problem went away for good. The bad news is that all i can remember is that it's had to do with Gmail. Try logging out and logging back in. Also try searching on Google for "missing notification bar fire HD."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
 
onlineniranjan
Old
#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default gmail the dirty playert for notification / status bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krept View Post
First, apologies if this is a necro, but it popped up at the top of a Google search and the breadcrumbs left by/there here helped solve the problem.

I was having a similar problem. Rooted, changed device name via Amazon and had both Yahoo and GMail apps installed. I had been experiencing loss of the bar for about an hour and was trying to check my Yahoo acct and noticed Yahoo checked for new mail, but no mail ever populated. No change after reboot. I then uninstalled Yahoo and immediately got the “Talk has stopped“ error, then the bar came right back. The name on the Kindle simply reads “My Kindle“ as opposed to the registered name or the name I changed it to. Thus, while the nature of the error may remain unknown, there is additional support for a communication error and a fairly easy remedy.
turn off the notifications for new gmail. Notification bar stays with custom name.
 
weirdmish
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Thumbs up status bar

Same problem - unrooted kindle fire hd, side loaded googleloginservice and googleframework and installed all google apps: talk, voice, maps, gmail, currents, maps. After about a day, lost the status bar as described by many here and had a glitch with screen orientation which resulted in lag .

Uninstalled gmail, and restarted the kindle- that seems to work. Synced to amazon and now the kindle shows the registered name.


Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Well it is happening on my kfhd as well. Guess I will have to do a reset as well but rather not to tell the truth. Maybe unregister and reregister or is that the same thing

Update: just went into gmail and after closing, the bar is back! WT.
 
Cmonsta
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2011
Im on a rooted device. My notification bar would disappear too. I discovered thid happehappexned when a notification from gmail popped up. So i turned off notifications within gmail and bar came back. Now it says "My kindle" instead of my name.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
expone
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 36
Join Date: May 2008
Here my solution and Problem description:

The problem is caused really by gmail, so my conjecture. To run gmail and some other gapps you have to install or update the GoogleLoginServices.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk. One of these Seems providing the notification framework in a newer version. Gmail try to use this newer framework version that is not compatible with Android 4.0.3 of KFHD.

My solutions is, also already described in this thread, disable the notifications of the gmail app. If you need or want the notifications of Gmail nevertheless I recommend Gmail Label Notifier provided in the Play Store.

I didn't have any problems with my notification bar.

Best regards!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to expone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
buddyjwilson
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Well it is happening on my kfhd as well. Guess I will have to do a reset as well but rather not to tell the truth. Maybe unregister and reregister or is that the same thing

Update: just went into gmail and after closing, the bar is back! WT.
It is being caused by the GMail notification. it you turn off the notification setting within gmail the problem will stop
 
johnnysnavely
Old
#28  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyjwilson View Post
It is being caused by the GMail notification. it you turn off the notification setting within gmail the problem will stop
Dude...THANKS A MILLION!! This was driving me nuts! You are awesome!

Now I can go back to fixing my last problem with KFHD. I can't get rid of that carousel/ribbon no matter what I do!
 
matty mag
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Nov 2010
Thumbs up status bar is back

My status bar disappeared. I am rooted with Google play etc. Status bar kept flashing up but could not access it. It removed gmail and it came back straight away.
 
Ssantos6981
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 375
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Yonkers
Default I don't have gmail...

I don't have gmail I do have the google play store, although its still labeled as "market". I don't know what happened, I have been trying for a while. Multiple resets and going through each app but nothing seem to restore the top nor the bottom bars. Once I enter an app I cannot exit the app unless I restart. I cannot access my settings either because that it located through the notification bar. I'm kind of stuck on the middle on this one. any help?
HTC One S
Flavored with "Zydroid"

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes