5,598,086 Members 42,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status/notification bar disappears

Tip us?

Kindle Noob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up ditto

its definitely the notifications. thought i had it fixed yesterday and I was wrong. but that fixed it immediately.

thekid41
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default kfhd7

i dont have gmail or the app store installed and mine is still disappearing ant other known causes for this issue??

jamster98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Well it is happening on my kfhd as well. Guess I will have to do a reset as well but rather not to tell the truth. Maybe unregister and reregister or is that the same thing

Update: just went into gmail and after closing, the bar is back! WT.
I can confirm that, after opening and causing gmail, it worked, hoping non rooted devices can find a method too

noelthegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
confirmed it's due to my gmail.

sci3nc3r00lz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt Bad Gmail, bad!

I had this same exact problem; after rooting and installing Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc.) my notification and soft bar menu hadn't completely disappeared, but it would pop up occasionally (and randomly), but of course never when I needed it. After some searching on the web, and a lot of digging in this forum, I also found and confirmed that it was Gmail of all things causing my problem. I uninstalled Gmail(Kindle has an all-in-one e-mail app of its own, so I don't really need/care that Gmail is gone) and rebooted, and my soft bar menu and notification area are both back, without any problems that I can see (so far, anyways). So anyways, try it! Looks like uninstalling Gmail worked for a few of us here~

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci3nc3r00lz View Post
I had this same exact problem; after rooting and installing Google apps (Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc.) my notification and soft bar menu hadn't completely disappeared, but it would pop up occasionally (and randomly), but of course never when I needed it. After some searching on the web, and a lot of digging in this forum, I also found and confirmed that it was Gmail of all things causing my problem. I uninstalled Gmail(Kindle has an all-in-one e-mail app of its own, so I don't really need/care that Gmail is gone) and rebooted, and my soft bar menu and notification area are both back, without any problems that I can see (so far, anyways). So anyways, try it! Looks like uninstalling Gmail worked for a few of us here~
Make sure you are using the most up to date Gapps. Here are ) day Gapps. This is for those running a custom ROM as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841