Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Sony Xperia S - The Missing File

Tip us?

arielhezi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Post Rooting Sony Xperia S - The Missing File

Well I tried to use Bin4ry thread and his script to root my device but no luck

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

since it's asking u ..on the very first step to open Sony's app - backup and restore -which is unlike found there when u install clean custom rom.

So - I'm not saying his way isn't good -it's just furstrating that i coudlnt find this app anyway on web so went back to original room rooted -
also with other thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1742992 - Thanks to Sharaz22
and extrackted the file for you all -to have better ,faster and easier way to root with Bin4ry post.

thanks to him and all others that helps up on this great website-
i wanted to add this file as a comment on his thread -but the website think i'm dumb enough to even commnet.
so I hope - Bin4ry if u see it -plz add it to your thread.

So there it is for u.. ( u can send it to your mobile by using bluetooth\gmail\usb cable-gmail would be to easiest way for noobies i think to find it and install it through there..)

I'll soon to be posting here noobies guide for easy rooting your Xperia S in 30min - if u would want that.
i'm gratefull to xda developers i think it's about time that i'll share from all i've learned during all this years.
Attached Files
File Type: apk sony ics backup_and_restore.apk - [Click for QR Code] (670.0 KB, 21397 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to arielhezi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s.davis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
no luck here unfortunately.
Here's the message I get whenever I click to run the app on my Tipo Dual:
Unfortunately, Backup & restore has stopped.

I'm sure others have had better luck rooting their phones.

lqtdc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hey any chance that if i install this app in a Galaxy S III it works???

koolkiwikat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Shucks Im stuck as well!, anyone had any luck?

mhammadleo
Old
(Last edited by mhammadleo; 4th October 2012 at 10:44 AM.) Reason: forget to attachments
Thanks Meter 7
try this file in sony because the file you uploaded is not work with me
Attached Files
File Type: apk Backup-Restore ICS.apk - [Click for QR Code] (683.8 KB, 6453 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mhammadleo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqtdc View Post
hey any chance that if i install this app in a Galaxy S III it works???
Doesn't the S3 already have a non Sony backup and restore app?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

louis0815
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Unfortunately, Backup & restore has stopped.
Same on my LT15i - seems there's something missing. Both versions of the APK give the same result, it just doesn't work.
Ready for an adventure? Come on board and find out...
(no sailing experience required - feel free to ask me for details or check out the homepage)

DrSt01eR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i had no issues

i had no issues on using this app after running the programme i had a back up and restore file in my xps that was not their before told me to run the root file did it all works perfect i used the normal mode in the run me file from bin4ry... option 1 i think..... even for a locked bootloader it worked as after doing my own xps that has unlocked bootloader i did same steps on my gfs xps and she has a locked/b/l worked first time no worries

louis0815
Old
Thanks Meter 78
on the Xperia S I had no issues as well - but the S has backup&restore on board. The Xperia arc doesn't have a backup&restore app in the ICS upgrade - and apparently there's a reason why (copying the respective apk from the LT26 doesn't work either)
Ready for an adventure? Come on board and find out...
(no sailing experience required - feel free to ask me for details or check out the homepage)

abo_mariam
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have Xperia U st25i running GB I've tried this method and it didn't work

The Following User Says Thank You to abo_mariam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]