So, I did install Swype and several other keyboards to check. They all work good in portrait mode. But in landscape mode, the navigation bar closes a part of keyboard. The same happens to all keyboards I tried: Swype, Go keyboard, Swift keyboard. Did Anybody had the same problem?
I am revising this post on how I got swype beta installed and working on KFHD, the original KF method is not working since amazon locked out the ability to swap keyboards. This requires your device to be rooted
1) Sign up for Swype Beta on their website and download their installer on your KFHD.
2) Install the Installer APK and Log in
3) Select your Beta version and download
4) Install swype
5) Go to data/apps and move swype apk to system/apps and make sure permissions are rw-r-r
6) Install NookColorTools_0.2.apk found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868366 Link courtesy of timurg
7) Open NookColorTools and you will be able to select your keyboard. IF you keep getting a Force Close message, just dismiss, go back to system/apps and reinstall swype and force close should stop
I was also able to get this method to work with SlideIT keyboard.
Successfuly installed Smart keyboard pro using method described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369205
Sent from my KFHD rooted
So I rooted my device in order to try again to get Swype installed. I followed your instructions, however immediately after enabling Swype Beta in the Nook color tools, I get a message that Swype Beta has closed. This repeats every few seconds. Is this the force close error you mentioned? What do you mean by "go back to system/apps and reinstall swype"? I tried deleting the swype-input apk from system/apps and reinstalling the swype beta apk, but it led to the same result. Any advice?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|