Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] serious lag all of a sudden

Tip us?

notch8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] serious lag all of a sudden

i have been really really happy with this phone ... until recently. stock ROM. not rooted. over the past couple weeks i've been having problems where the phone dialer doesn't find a name i type in. says "unknown recipient". then i have to click the people icon and manually find the person ... the contact list take FOREVER to launch. once i do this, it works from then on for some period of time. also when i go to read a text it says loading for a LONG time. seems like the android native apps (contacts, messaging, etc ...) is having some problems. not sure, but all this seems to be happening since installing the last OTA update.

A restart of the phone fixes the problem but only for a short period of time. any help would be appreciated.

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,431
Wipe phone completely. Start over. Should fix your errors

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Bad seed Customs Founder

wolfeyes30
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Root it. Trust me and everyone else in this community.

Root it..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfeyes30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notch8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
thanks for both replies ... i was afraid of getting each of those responses. it takes me hours to wipe and reset everything up. my last phone was the photon which i had rooted but i really don't want to keep trying to keep up with the OTAs. dang ... guess i have to do something

3vodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm rooted running meanrom4.4 the built in ota updater makes things really easy if you don't want to have to keep up with the new rom versions. You just download right on your phone like you would... An ota

Sent from my AT100 using xda app-developers app

om4
Old
Thanks Meter 909

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes30 View Post
Root it. Trust me and everyone else in this community.

Root it..

One of us...one of us....one of us
DON'T PANIC: A relevant and useful guide to all things root
To anyone who has ever claimed something as idiot proof, clearly you have not met my father in law
The Following User Says Thank You to om4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EdhyMonker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The phones performance between stock and rooted MeanRom 4.4 is like night and day. HTC should be embarrassed for the way the phone runs in stock condition, it really boggles the mind given its hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to EdhyMonker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notch8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anything that doesn't work with Meanrom?

wolfeyes30
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by notch8 View Post
thanks for both replies ... i was afraid of getting each of those responses. it takes me hours to wipe and reset everything up. my last phone was the photon which i had rooted but i really don't want to keep trying to keep up with the OTAs. dang ... guess i have to do something
Its really not too long of a process with the right tools. Backup apps like Titanium Backup, My Root Backup or this newer one im been using, App2zip. I use to be like you. Spent why too long setting things back up. Now i use App2zip for my user apps and flash right after i flash a new rom. Upon bootup, all my apps are there. Not recommend to do with System apps..hint hint.

I bought the Galaxy S3 two months after the EVO. EVO was driving me nuts. I kept the EVO anyway. Can never have too many devices, right?

Running Mean 4.4 rom now and its like night and day from the first two months with the EVO. New advancements from Zep with multitasking and all the incredible work from all the devs in the community, im enjoying the EVO now.

S3 for sale... Just kidding.

xHausx
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,521

DONATE TO ME
This latest update fixed google wallet but looks to have made all of the google apps buggy in the process. Hopefully they'll push an update to fix it soon, but in the meantime rebooting the phone when it acts up will help temporarily.