[ROM] [Nov 1][4.3.1][SmoothROM v5.3]Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

OP jamesst20

16th February 2013, 07:39 PM   |  #3421  
Thanks Meter: 179

768 posts
AW: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dems86

+1, I would really like to be able to change status/navbar to 30//36 dpi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

With a little research you can do it by yourself.

I changed the height of the navbar to 40 with a tool named something like "Framework Flasher". You have to search on XDA for it, I think someone originally used it on a Galaxy Nexus or so.

The framework-res.apk on your device must be decompiled, edited and recompiled, then flashed with CWM. The mentioned tool makes the process simpler and less error-prone.
Last edited by hasenbein1966; 16th February 2013 at 07:41 PM.
16th February 2013, 09:24 PM   |  #3422  
Thanks Meter: 19

115 posts
More
Anyone else having difficultly keeping root access after rebooting? Ive flashed this rom several times, and every instant after I reboot, root access is lost, and can not be restored using toolkits.
16th February 2013, 09:29 PM   |  #3423  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,127

1,502 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchuck

Anyone else having difficultly keeping root access after rebooting? Ive flashed this rom several times, and every instant after I reboot, root access is lost, and can not be restored using toolkits.

I have no issue with Rooting in my case, it should be fixed on SmoothROM v4.4. Try to switch to 'SuperUser' instead of using SuperSU I guess
16th February 2013, 10:43 PM   |  #3424  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3

87 posts
More
Working/Not Working features?
Last edited by LiquidPlatinum; 16th February 2013 at 10:46 PM.
16th February 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #3425  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 281

682 posts
More
Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl
Quote:

As has been said in this thread many times, UNCHECK Respect CM Root Settings in SuperSU and it will work like magic.
16th February 2013, 11:04 PM   |  #3426  
Flag Ridgefield Park
Thanks Meter: 4

119 posts
More
Question Why is my rom slow?
I had around 5300+ while using the earlier version but not I have 3800. I am using the M-kernel. Is this because I installed without doing factory reset? I just wiped cache and installed the latest version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-16-18-00-25.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1735791  
16th February 2013, 11:21 PM   |  #3427  
Thanks Meter: 19

115 posts
More
Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyd

As has been said in this thread many times, UNCHECK Respect CM Root Settings in SuperSU and it will work like magic.

I don't see such an option. I'm assuming it's in the settings tab?
17th February 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #3428  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 281

682 posts
More
Quote:

I don't see such an option. I'm assuming it's in the settings tab?

Settings tab of SuperSU
17th February 2013, 02:17 AM   |  #3429  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 159

729 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoastowl

I had around 5300+ while using the earlier version but not I have 3800. I am using the M-kernel. Is this because I installed without doing factory reset? I just wiped cache and installed the latest version.

Check your performance settings for CPU speed. 1300mhz gets you around 3800 score.
17th February 2013, 07:24 AM   |  #3430  
Thanks Meter: 35

71 posts
Next to ParanoidAndroid, this is easily my favorite rom for the Nexus 7. It isn't too noticeably different from stock or even Cyanogenmod, but the additional speed and optimizations are pretty apparent after some use. Some small extra options here or there, but also consistently updated. The installer is even awesomely user friendly. Mine starts up from the Google logo in 44 seconds consistenty, never lags with any navigating or animations or apps. The battery might just feel incredibly better than usual.

The only leg up any other roms really have on this one is having a switchable tablet/phablet/phone UI. The one on this is abandoned or uses NOVA or something, which just isn't quite as integrated and didn't work well when I tried. So it would be amazing if you just had the real option available at some point, even if it was just a simple option in Settings.

Also, a small noticeable thing by comparison to PA, when you're switching apps and you push the clear all apps button; SmoothROM clears every single app, and PA clears every one except the current one and you can just double tap to clear them and then the last one. This feature can be useful, especially when you're used to it. Being able to switch that on/off would be a great option.

Those are just my immediate thoughts over the past weeks using this. Basically anyone wanting a simple, intuitive rom to get the most performance and juice out of your Nexus 7, this is pretty obvious.
Last edited by AssailantLF@gmail.com; 17th February 2013 at 07:30 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread