[ROM] [Nov 1][4.3.1][SmoothROM v5.3]Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

OP jamesst20

23rd February 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #3521  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,173

3,408 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl
Ok here's a dumb question. ..since I've never had to do this if I just move the back ups from my pc to my backups twrp folder should I be able to restore it properly? If I were at home with my pc I could probably just try it instead of asking but im not home. And if it works ill be thrilled. Although it won't explain why everything is boot looping.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #3522  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,127

1,502 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze

Ok here's a dumb question. ..since I've never had to do this if I just move the back ups from my pc to my backups twrp folder should I be able to restore it properly? If I were at home with my pc I could probably just try it instead of asking but im not home. And if it works ill be thrilled. Although it won't explain why everything is boot looping.

Don't restore a backup as it has the same effect as if you wouldn't wipe. Only backup few apps data that you need nothing more

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #3523  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,173

3,408 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't mean my app backups are on my pc. My nandroid backup is on my pc. Should I transfer to wear it needs to be and restore it and expect it to work?
My biggest concern is that everything is now boot looping when I previously had them installed on my tablet. Cause I cant have all roms boot looping. I need to be able to successfully flash! Is it possible the boot loop cause is an outdated root tool kit? Cause my twrp is up to date.
On my way home to sort this out. Btw thanks for your response to this. I'm hoping that I can fix this with little pain but if not I hope you or someone else can assist. This is ridiculous. ..I'm feeling like a noob! But I'm really not!

24th February 2013, 01:13 AM   |  #3524  
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
More
Hey I just got my nexus 7 (first tablet) so I've been looking around at all the different ui options. I flashed your ROM and I'm really liking it! My question is; with the tablet ui is it part of the framework in a way so I can update/use ex version of adw and keep the tablet ui or is this version dependent on the current adw installed? I did a search but I'm joining the party a little late so I appreciate your input. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 10:49 AM   |  #3525  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 105

766 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there by chance a mod that will disable the battery and sound notification that comes up at 14% battery and 4% battery? I would love to have one because those get annoying really fast.
24th February 2013, 12:42 PM   |  #3526  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 109

355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neworgoo

Hey I just got my nexus 7 (first tablet) so I've been looking around at all the different ui options. I flashed your ROM and I'm really liking it! My question is; with the tablet ui is it part of the framework in a way so I can update/use ex version of adw and keep the tablet ui or is this version dependent on the current adw installed? I did a search but I'm joining the party a little late so I appreciate your input. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The launcher doesn't affect the type of ui. If you want to use adw ex or anything else you can. Adw Ex is the only launcher I use. Used it on tab ui, but I prefer normal ui set at 160dpi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to FizzleDiz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 01:32 AM   |  #3527  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
More
Lost root after flashing ROM. Help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
25th February 2013, 01:50 AM   |  #3528  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 109

355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidPlatinum

Lost root after flashing ROM. Help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Prolly SuperUser. I'm settings for SU, check the box for Respect CM Privileges or w/e it's called. The recent SU updates have been problematic lately. I personally just uninstalled SU updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #3529  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,127

1,502 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbencze

I don't mean my app backups are on my pc. My nandroid backup is on my pc. Should I transfer to wear it needs to be and restore it and expect it to work?
My biggest concern is that everything is now boot looping when I previously had them installed on my tablet. Cause I cant have all roms boot looping. I need to be able to successfully flash! Is it possible the boot loop cause is an outdated root tool kit? Cause my twrp is up to date.
On my way home to sort this out. Btw thanks for your response to this. I'm hoping that I can fix this with little pain but if not I hope you or someone else can assist. This is ridiculous. ..I'm feeling like a noob! But I'm really not!

Take a look to JROMFlasher
25th February 2013, 03:50 AM   |  #3530  
Thanks Meter: 10

216 posts
I'm having no success pairing a Motorola Bluetooth keyboard with this ROM. Has anyone been successful on 4.4?

Pairing the Motorola Bluetooth mouse works with no problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to yowhatup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread