INSTALLING CWM on ZOPO ZP900 LEADER
This method successfully installs the CWM on the phone. CWM version supplied by ZOPO does not work. Use the CWM posted in the second link
I am a still learning and not a developer !
Hi All ZOPO ZP900 Leader Owners,
This is a guide for Installing Clock Work Mod Recovery Image on ZOPO ZP900 Leader Phone. Most of the owners of this fantastic phone would have desperately tried like me to install CWM on this phone (some may have found success). ZOPO does gives an option to order the phone pre-rooted however they do not install CWM ....or for that matter there is no Stock Recovery on the phone !!!. Start the phone with Power + Volume Up button pressed and your presented with an image of sick Android lying down with a Red triangle coming out of his opened stomach
DONT TRY TO USE ROM MANAGER APP TO INSTALL CWM, THIS WILL ONLY BRICK YOUR PHONE !
So after breaking my head for couple of days, searching the net, downloading stuff I have successfully installed CWM !
So here are the steps !.
What you need
1. ZOPO ZP900 Leader phone
2. Download Fully working English CWM from here http://www.4shared.com/file/16vuWyiU/recovery.html
. The one posted in Zopo website does not work.
3. Download latest SP Flash Tool for MTK6577 from here http://www.4shared.com/zip/Xgc3G_hB/..._v3122200.html
4. Download the latest Stock ICS ROM for ZP900 from Zopo website link http://www.4shared.com/rar/hGY2ahbu/...fix_zp900.html
5. Download MTK6577 Driver from Zopo website http://www.4shared.com/zip/YXlLFoLm/...l_3_steps.html
1. Unzip and Install the USB drivers on your Windows PC using the MTK 6577 Driver Zip file. There will be 3 folders named First Step, Second Step & Third Step. Open First Step install the MTK driver MSI file. Post completion open Second Step, click on ClickInstall Driver, it will automatically install the USB driver. Press Exit after installation (Win 7 may give error that installation was incorrect, just ignore)
Repeat the same for folder Third Step
Connect your phone switched off and battery removed using USB cable. Windows will recognize and install the MTK drivers for your phone (any free COM ports) will be configured. Disconnect the phone. Put the battery back but do not switch on the phone
2.Extract the latest ROM folder from downloaded ICS ROM. You will get 2 folders
Open the second folder (MP_MT77***). This is the folder that has all the image files. You will find recovery.img file. This is original file. You can either rename it or keep a back up and delete it.
3. Copy the new CWM recovery.img file that you downloaded from ZOPO website in this folder. Rename it to be recovery.img
4. Extract and run SP flash Tool.exe (the one with Blue
5.Click on Options, USB Mode will be checked, DA Download All will be checked, in the sub options Speed will be Checked High Speed, Battery select With Battery. Come to the main Application window
6. Click on Scatter-loading button which is on the right side below Downloading Agent. A window will open. Browse to your extracted ICS ROM folder, click on folder MP_MT77****. By default you will have only one map file of name MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc. Select this
7. The flash tool will populate the Map file on the application window. You will see multiple Entries such as
etc etc. Each will have a check box which is by default checked.
8. UNCHECK all entries EXCEPT FOR "RECOVERY". Leave Recovery checked.
9. Now click on "Download" on the Application or press F9 on keyboard. A warning message will pop up. Press YES
10. You will see in the status bar below "Searching"
11. Connect your phone (switched off and with battery inserted)
via the USB cable.
12. Flash tool will do its stuff. First a red progress bar, then a count down, a quick yellow progress bar and final window showing Green Circle.
If you get this the Congrats You have flashed CWM !
Check by unplugging the phone and re-starting it with Power+Volume Up button Pressed. The Phone will boot into CWM !.
Warning - Please follow the instructions. Don't mess around with anything else. Not responsible if you do anything else and brick your device !
In case you get any other error on SP Flash Tool, then recheck your MTK driver installation. Try on another PC.
Now I hope this opens the door for many other things !
Additional Info -
Install PDAnet from here http://www.junefabrics.com/android/download.php
or Snappea from www.snappea.com
to make your device get recognized when connected to the computer. Install this with your phone switched on, this software installs the necessary drivers for the phone, post which you can use flash tool.