XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X keeps rebooting

Tip us?

amit2000enigma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] HTC One X keeps rebooting

My HTC One x all o sudden turned off and now keeps restarting till the HTC logo appears and then keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader, it enters the boot loader screen and restarts again. Now my phone has turned off. But the moment I connect it to charger, it automatically starts and keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader screen with charger plugged in, but again it restarts. My phone is just 20 days old. I would really appreciate a help here

eyosen
Old
Thanks Meter 1788

DONATE TO ME
Did you unlock it? If no, take it back for replacement. Otherwise, more info needed. Your rom, kernel, recovery, hboot version

amit2000enigma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyosen View Post
Did you unlock it? If no, take it back for replacement. Otherwise, more info needed. Your rom, kernel, recovery, hboot version
No, I havent unlocked it. But replacement will take 10-15 days. If I can find a solution here, would be best. When I try to go to boot loader, this is what I get:

***LOCKED***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-none
MICROP-none
Radio-2.1204.135.20
eMMC Bootmode: disabled
CPU bootmode:disabled
HW secure boot: enabled
MODEM [Path: off
June 28 2012, 11:31:28

HBOOT

and it restarts again in 2 secs. If press volume up/ down button, the selector doesnt move at all. Thanks!!!

eyosen
Old
(Last edited by eyosen; 22nd September 2012 at 02:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1788

DONATE TO ME
Any suggestions here will most likely include unlocking, installing a custom recovery and rooting, all of which will be used against you in your warranty claim. Just take it back....

EDIT: you can try factory resetting first, but you say you cannot use vol keys. The only other thing you can do is to find your matching ruu and run that from your pc.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

amit2000enigma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyosen View Post
Any suggestions here will most likely include unlocking, installing a custom recovery and rooting, all of which will be used against you in your warranty claim. Just take it back....

EDIT: you can try factory resetting first, but you say you cannot use vol keys. The only other thing you can do is to find your matching ruu and run that from your pc.

3 things:

1. When I connect my phone to computer, it again starts restarting like when i connect it to charger. question: Can I install RUU in such condition? I mean does the on/ off state of phone matters?

2. Will installing RUU void my warranty?

3. How can I find the right RUU for my phone?

Many thanks!

eyosen
Old
Thanks Meter 1788

DONATE TO ME
Ruus are official htc releases so warranty will be fine. Applying it in that situation will probably not work and come to think of it can make things worse.

Gralgrathor
Old
(Last edited by Gralgrathor; 1st October 2012 at 11:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Borked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit2000enigma View Post
My HTC One x all o sudden turned off and now keeps restarting till the HTC logo appears and then keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader, it enters the boot loader screen and restarts again. Now my phone has turned off. But the moment I connect it to charger, it automatically starts and keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader screen with charger plugged in, but again it restarts. My phone is just 20 days old. I would really appreciate a help here
I have the exact same problem with my HTC One X. When I power up, it will try to boot, launch into the HTC splash screen, then go black and reboot again, ad infinitum. If I keep the lower-volume button down, it will launch into the boot selector screen, then go black, and reboot again, etc. As if the power button were stuck.

My guess is: something's really wrong with the ROM at a very basic level, or it actually *is* a short circuit in the power button or something like that. I'm going to bang it against a wall for a while and then take it apart to see what's what.

Thing is, I know exactly what happened to my phone: I made it go for a swim. And smart kid that I am I never insure my electronics. So I've probably irreparably borked a perfectly fine machine and screwed myself for a nice €450.

Edit: Should of course have powered down the phone as soon as I noticed it was wet, then put it in a bag of rice, and kept it there fore a couple of days. Probably too late now, but I'll give it a try anyway.

SB13X
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit2000enigma View Post
If you can get into fastboot see if you can run the command:

fastboot erase cache

Have you recently flashed a rom by any chance?

If you have did you ensure you opened the .zip file and extracted the boot.img file and flashed that seperately? Again with fastboot...

fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache

Is always a good procedure to follow.

If you have recently just flashed a different kernel other than that recommended/or came with the ROM, did you make sure you repacked it to provide you with a compatible boot.img?

If you did and you followed the steps above to flash the boot.img its also good practice to wipe cache and dalvik cache again in recovery prior to flashing the modules that came with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to SB13X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onon_onon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same issue with my phone. Seems like the power button is stuck, it keeps restarting itself until the battery drains out. As soon as I plug it to charge, the reboot process starts over and over again. I really want to open it up and check the power connectors, but I wonder if there's a better advice before I do that.

mdhafezi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by onon_onon View Post
I'm having the same issue with my phone. Seems like the power button is stuck, it keeps restarting itself until the battery drains out. As soon as I plug it to charge, the reboot process starts over and over again. I really want to open it up and check the power connectors, but I wonder if there's a better advice before I do that.
Hey.I have had the same problem with my HOX.it was restarting every time I plug the cable.it was because of bad updating process .
1.for charging your phone do not need to open the device and charge the batt.Google for script charging.you will find an script to fast boot it .
Your phone will restarting every 6 seconds.and will charge.
2.relock it.
3.use your riht RUU

Tags
htc one x, rebooting