Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] OblyTile - Tile Creator for all programs.

Tip us?

XterierK
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argony-OT View Post
Hi

Can you please run OblyTile with -debug command, it will generate a text file on the desktop, please write a Private Message to me, with the contents of the text file, it will help me to find the issue, and to fix it.

Argony.
Ok, sending PM now.

bowenac
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Does anyone know how to change the tile for chrome and have it still open as an app? I installed the chrome app, and have set chrome as default browser so it opens in the start menu not on desktop...

ilinfinityil
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey, I have a request. Can you enable me to put symbols into tile names? I'm trying to make my Notepad++ look nice but I can't add +'s

o0MattE0o
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowenac View Post
Does anyone know how to change the tile for chrome and have it still open as an app? I installed the chrome app, and have set chrome as default browser so it opens in the start menu not on desktop...
Chrome should be: -
64 bit OS
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

32 bit OS
C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilinfinityil View Post
Hey, I have a request. Can you enable me to put symbols into tile names? I'm trying to make my Notepad++ look nice but I can't add +'s
You can always do some thing like this?

Leonick
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Hi

Great result!

About those functions, i can't add them, but, i might add the function to run a shortcut always as administrator (so you don't need to right click > Run as administrator).

Argony.
Well, it's not really needed, if you want to always run as administrator, in that case you just check that box on the .exe, shortcut or whatever the tile is pointing and it'll run as administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XterierK View Post
The latest Windows 8 updates broke my OblyTiles
Err, guess I'll hold of a bit on that update windows is nagging me about
Really hope MS won't intentionally go and break this, default shortcut tiles are so ugly.

ilinfinityil
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0MattE0o View Post
Chrome should be: -
64 bit OS
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

32 bit OS
C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

You can always do some thing like this?
1) i think he was referring to the "metro" app? when making chrome the default browser it opens up as a full screen app in metro and not desktop mode. i think that file is somewhere in C:/Program Files/WindowsApps ? but as far as that i don't know where to go from there

2) i know! but then my apps won't be uniform with text

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

also i will say, after making all of my tiles look pretty, if i change chrome to the default browser so that it is now a full screen app instead of IE, my shortcuts all break.

scaryshark
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
1) i think he was referring to the "metro" app? when making chrome the default browser it opens up as a full screen app in metro and not desktop mode. i think that file is somewhere in C:/Program Files/WindowsApps ? but as far as that i don't know where to go from there

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

also i will say, after making all of my tiles look pretty, if i change chrome to the default browser so that it is now a full screen app instead of IE, my shortcuts all break.
just open up obly tile wait a minute and everything should be fine

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

o0MattE0o
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
see what you mean I have a look but looking at task manager it still points to : -
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe

there must be a switch?

Quote:
Updated

Argony-OT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowenac View Post
Hi
Actually there is no way to open directly an app in "Immersive Mode" (Full Screen with touch support) from desktop shortcut (OblyTile creates a mix of Desktop Shortcut and Windows App Shortcut), so, OblyTile can't run any app in Immersive Mode.

Quote:
Hi
I can't add (yet) special simbols to the Tile name, i suggest to use a png image that already have the name of the app in it, or, insert the name on your image manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonick View Post
Err, guess I'll hold of a bit on that update windows is nagging me about
Really hope MS won't intentionally go and break this, default shortcut tiles are so ugly.
Don't worry, you can update your windows.
The problem that had the user XterierK was not caused by Windows Updates, but by the new version of Google Chrome (i'm trying to fix the issue.)

Quote:
[/COLOR]also i will say, after making all of my tiles look pretty, if i change chrome to the default browser so that it is now a full screen app instead of IE, my shortcuts all break.
This happens with the latest version of Chrome, i hope to find a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaryshark View Post
just open up obly tile wait a minute and everything should be fine.
Seems like that with the latest version of Chrome, opening OblyTile does not fix the problem.
A temp fix is to set Internet Explorer as Predefinite and then switch back to Chrome.

Argony.

ilinfinityil
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Hi
Hi
I can't add (yet) special simbols to the Tile name, i suggest to use a png image that already have the name of the app in it, or, insert the name on your image manually.
how can i change it manually? i found shortcuts somewhere but renaming them didn't work for me

Tags
creator, metro, startmenu, tile, windows 8