[REF] [GUIDE] Welcome to your device, the Galaxy S III

OP Exel

16th October 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #21  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 3

93 posts
More
Question Still have a yellow triangle!
Hey I did these steps to the T and I am completely stock rom and recovery without root and triangle away worked but I have one problem... okay when you use triangle away it sets your counter back to 0... but when you flash the stock rom via odin doesn't it trip the counter again? now I dont have root anymore and when I go into download mode there is still a yellow triangle. However in settings > about device it no longer says system modified, it says Normal.. Is the triangle in download mode the triangle that alerts Samsung of a hardware flash or is it a warning for us that says not to load one cause its dangerous? Thanks
16th October 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 1,325

2,900 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl_777

Hey I did these steps to the T and I am completely stock rom and recovery without root and triangle away worked but I have one problem... okay when you use triangle away it sets your counter back to 0... but when you flash the stock rom via odin doesn't it trip the counter again? now I dont have root anymore and when I go into download mode there is still a yellow triangle. However in settings > about device it no longer says system modified, it says Normal.. Is the triangle in download mode the triangle that alerts Samsung of a hardware flash or is it a warning for us that says not to load one cause its dangerous? Thanks

If you want root and keep your counter at 0, flash this using ODIN: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1771687

Flashing a pure stock ROM that was officially released by Samsung does not trip the counter.

Download mode is suppose to have a little triangle, our devices don't have the triangle that shows it's modified, it's only the counter.

The counter is used by Samsung in case your phone ever gets messed up and you want to send it to warranty, they can void your warranty because the counter has been tripped.
16th October 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #23  
Flag ATL

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexel

If you want root and keep your counter at 0, flash this using ODIN: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1771687

Flashing a pure stock ROM that was officially released by Samsung does not trip the counter.

Download mode is suppose to have a little triangle, our devices don't have the triangle that shows it's modified, it's only the counter.

The counter is used by Samsung in case your phone ever gets messed up and you want to send it to warranty, they can void your warranty because the counter has been tripped.

Okay so I'm safe. I used triangle away to reset my counter, wiped my custom rom, flashed the original stock firmware and recovery so now I'm good? sorry for just restating what you said haha I just want to clarify.
16th October 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern California

2,900 posts
More
Flashed the original stock firmware, meaning you used ODIN to do so, right?

How did you flash your recovery? Rom Mananger or via ODIN?
18th October 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #25  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 30

172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice
I like this post, very helpful information, may need to reference someone to this later.
19th October 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #26  
Flag ATL

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexel

Flashed the original stock firmware, meaning you used ODIN to do so, right?

How did you flash your recovery? Rom Mananger or via ODIN?

It was the stock recovery so I think Odin..
21st October 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #27  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 63

359 posts
More
I know that this might see might seem kind of dumb, but I was curious as to times waiting between a copy/paste of your clockwork Mod data. Im moving the whole folder over to my personal hd and its taking for freaking ever. I was curious if this is A. Normal and B. if there is just one simple file i need to back up every time i want to flash a new Rom? Ive already moved my titanium backup over so im set on my apps, but I want to make sure ive got all my bases covered. thanks guys
21st October 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern California

2,900 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage913

I know that this might see might seem kind of dumb, but I was curious as to times waiting between a copy/paste of your clockwork Mod data. Im moving the whole folder over to my personal hd and its taking for freaking ever. I was curious if this is A. Normal and B. if there is just one simple file i need to back up every time i want to flash a new Rom? Ive already moved my titanium backup over so im set on my apps, but I want to make sure ive got all my bases covered. thanks guys

Did you make a NANDROID backup? Is that what you're transfering to your desktop?
If not, there's no real need to backup your clockworkmod folder/data.

Things suggested to backup:
NANDROID (Full backup of your ROM, including /system and /data)
Titanium Backup (For apps) (Not suggested if you're going to a completely different based ROM)
Full NV Backup (Holds your IMEI, IMSI, Data settings and much more!)

Not sure what else?
The Following User Says Thank You to Exel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2012, 05:03 PM   |  #29  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 63

359 posts
More
So all I need to do is go into my internal> clockworkmod> backup> then my latest back up (named it ICS October 23 I'm still stock) and that's the only thing I need? I have my TiB folder moved and linked to my Dropbox. So I'm good on that front. As far as the Imie I don't know how to back that up? Where would I go about doing that? Going back to a really nooby question. Go into recovery mode >backup/restore> backup to do a nandroid of the current rom correct? And that should be like the first thing once a rom is flashed and stable? Thanks guys. Appreciate it.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
22nd October 2012, 08:11 PM   |  #30  
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 9,901

6,999 posts
Quote:

So all I need to do is go into my internal> clockworkmod> backup> then my latest back up (named it ICS October 23 I'm still stock) and that's the only thing I need?

Yes

Quote:

As far as the Imie I don't know how to back that up? Where would I go about doing that?

You can find info re: IMEI here

Quote:

Going back to a really nooby question. Go into recovery mode >backup/restore> backup to do a nandroid of the current rom correct?

Correct

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread