Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] android.process.acore has stopped

Tip us?

sun365
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] android.process.acore has stopped

Using Titanium, I backed up my galaxy S3 and did a restore on another galaxy s3 (both t-mobile ver). Now when I boot the new one I get "Unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped". After hitting OK a few times I get Unfortunately TouchWiz has stopped. Then back to the first message. I can't get past this msg. What do I do?

lazarat
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 195
Flash again.

Sent from my SGH-T999

sun365
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
What exactly do I Flash ?

lazarat
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 195
Flash The rom you already have in the devicr. Or if you are all stock then just do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it go to the store they will figure something out.

Sent from my SGH-T999

imheroldman
Old
Thanks Meter 119
It provably has to do with the user id did titanium ask to change your id upon start?

Try also going into recovery and fix permissions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Sent by SGH-T999

ROM: Cyanogenmod 10 7/14
Kernel: Stock

My blog: Tech review... In review...

sun365
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Titanium never asked me for any kind of ID.
As for going into Recovery - well the problem is that I can't to to anything, I can't get past this message "Unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped". I hit OK but it just bring it up again, or another message similar. But the point is that I can't get to anything. I even have trouble powering down cause the message needs be cleared before I press on Power Down, so it take a lot of trial and error before I can power down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imheroldman View Post
It provably has to do with the user id did titanium ask to change your id upon start?

Try also going into recovery and fix permissions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Exel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,317
Pull the battery and use the button combos to go into recovery?
||Phone: Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
||Additional Memory: None
||ROM: Android 4.4 KitKat
||Kernel: Nexus 5 Faux Kernel

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 16GB||
Additional Memory: None||
ROM: CM10.2 Nightlies||
Kernel: Stock Tweaked||

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,873

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun365 View Post
Titanium never asked me for any kind of ID.
As for going into Recovery - well the problem is that I can't to to anything, I can't get past this message "Unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped". I hit OK but it just bring it up again, or another message similar. But the point is that I can't get to anything. I even have trouble powering down cause the message needs be cleared before I press on Power Down, so it take a lot of trial and error before I can power down.
If you hold power for sbout 10 sec, itll restart. To get to recovery from power off or as soon as it powers down at restart hold vol up, home and power buttons. When you see the blue text at top of screen let go of power but keep holding other two.
Once in recovery you can factory reset, or if you have a custom recovery clear cache and dalvik cache and reboot first. If that doesn't work then reflash your rom without wiping. If still not working try factory reset/clear data.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sun365
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
DocHoliday77
That did it!!! Back into Recovery, wipe user data and reset !!!
thanks

kpchico
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun365 View Post
Using Titanium, I backed up my galaxy S3 and did a restore on another galaxy s3 (both t-mobile ver). Now when I boot the new one I get "Unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped". After hitting OK a few times I get Unfortunately TouchWiz has stopped. Then back to the first message. I can't get past this msg. What do I do?

Try going to settings>applications>running>all and scroll to "contacts" open it and choose "clear data" - then go back to "contacts storage" and do the same thing.

Your phone should now be working. Works for me.HTC ONE S.Good luck.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kpchico For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]