Official Jelly Bean on AT&T note

Search This thread

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Hey all,

I didn't think that Samsung was planning to upgrade the original Note but just read an article on Slashgear saying that there is one on the way.

Is an official JB ROM on its way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

B

btswein

They announced a while back we were getting it. Now whether Samsung plans to release it to carriers in October, or carriers plan to release it in Oct is another question.

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
Cool, that means more stable ROMs with s-pen capacity.

Thanks for the info!

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
I hope I'm wrong ....
But in the context of that article ...the author could just as well have meant upgrade to JB in the form of a new device, not just software.
And yes .that is the international version they are referencing ....g

iStatiK

Aug 13, 2010
Shelbytown
Got and E-Mail from SamMobile today:

Samsung to start with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) updates for the next devices:

Galaxy S III
Galaxy S II
Note
Note 10.1
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Galaxy Tab 2 8.9

The updates are planned for Q4.
There are rumours about Ace 2 and Advance Jelly Bean updates. We cannot confirm this at the moment.

I'm not sure if it's of any consolation, just my contribution.

Last edited:

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
Might only be for the International version. Crossing fingers for the i717.

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke

[Lady]: "How do you carry that huge phone in your pocket?"
[Note User]: "I'm used to having huge stuff in my pants" ;)

Reactions: SgtTeabag

serge_harle_z

Oct 2, 2008
Let's hope that this apply to our version of our Notes and not the international. We're still waiting for the XXLRQ update even though we can use some of its features already via apk extraction.

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
Don't know if you guys saw this:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/0..._campaign=Feed:+Gottabemobile+(GottaBeMobile)

Might be next year but it does mean we get jb and better ROMs with s-pen.

I'll eat my shorts if this includes the AT&T Note, but it would potentially bring some useful information/source/kernel config etc.

I would think we'd be seeing some JB leaks. But considering that it takes Samsung a while to update the international note (which is higher on their priority scale then at&t or tmo note), and the fact that article said nothing about AT&T, I would guess this update is for the GT-N7000 only.
If there is an AT&T note update, it'll probably be a few months after that.

Just from what I've seen with other samsung international vs. carrier specific phones.

Honeybadger

Dec 18, 2007
We didn't see gb leaks for the at&T note before the official update rom came out.

Don't see why it wouldn't come out or that at&T isn't a priority... I am sure they sold with enough not to want piss off first note owners and screw up 3rd generation note sales.
My opinion of course.

rohankb

Feb 15, 2012
Seven Mile Beach
I swear, when ICS was officially released from AT&T, I was so happy. I backed up my latest ICS developer ROM, think it was h0tw1r3's, then went and installed the official ICS. I ran that crap for one day. Immediately restored my phone back to a developer ROM. So much bloated crap on there and seemed so slow.

I really don't think I am ever installing back an official release, BUT I do miss S-Memo, and yes I know about other apps similar, but the new features coming on the Note2 with S-Memo, idk... Looks very tempting.

zas311

Jan 14, 2007
People, the Att Note also is Note. Samsung said 'Note' and that incluses all versions of Note. So just wait. It will come.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Reactions: amhatter
B

btswein

People, the Att Note also is Note. Samsung said 'Note' and that incluses all versions of Note. So just wait. It will come.

Sent from my GT-N7000

+1. If you're an old school AT&T and Samsung owner, you know AT&T is slow to update. Took almost 8 months for me to get official GB on my Captivate from the time they announced it. Not even mentioning the wait for Eclair to Froyo :) They have gotten better though. We'll get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

MercilessLTD

Jul 18, 2012
I've been looking across the Google results, and all I've seen updated is a few random posts projected Q1 2013. Any new news?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is the modem from the att ota 4.1.2
    UCMD3 4.1.2 - HERE

do backup, flash in recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot
    Now I have cleaned this up. If you want to know what happened then ask him yourself. Dont sit here and think you know when you have no Idea.
    He's EVERYTHING to do with xda. Xda is nothing without devs or the fanbase. This IS where you come to get roms, mods and more. I love this site and frequent it daily.

Look I am not gonna try and tell you how wrong this statement is. The users here are the reason for the way he is. Now I will leave this here and advise people to read this link and take it very much to heart.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16682226&postcount=2441

I dont want to hear anymore about him on this. Subject closed.
    Is this the SAME rooting method as pre-JB, which was posted months ago?

If not, can you post the necessary files? I.e. TWRP, SuperSU.

Yes. Same exact method.

Download the Odin Method herE:
    http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/96

Flash via Odin. Then download SuperSU.

Located here:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/204

Then reboot to recovery, flash the zip and all done.

As far as multi-view goes. I havent tried yet. I got it via the Gallery. But I have not tried it anywhere else. Then again I am also settings my device up like it was brand new and cant be arsed to worry about Multi-View when I was figuring out Root. :silly:
    Maybe you missed that this is a developers site. Not a fan based site. Not to mention this dev has nothing to do with XDA.

What ever his reasons are for being the way he is frankly is non of your business.

Wayne Tech Nexus