7th May 2013, 01:59 AM   |  #481  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 768

629 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewierdo

First, what is hotspot called because I dont see it listed in my applications list (I looked for mobile hotspot and hotspot, I even scrolled through looking at each individual app).

Performance is fine with exception to one thing, there is a rather lengthy delay from when I tap something on the screen to when something actually happens. Scrolling and animations are fine, no stutter that I can see.

But for example, when I just hit the home button, there is a quarter second delay before anything happens. When I open the app drawer, same delay. Opening an app, same delay. Tapping a widget that opens an app, same delay.

This is partly due to the 'power saving' option I have enabled in settings. Disabling it shortens this delay significantly, but not completely.

I dont remember what it was called. If I remember correctly (which I could be mistaken), it was in the system/app folder when I was browsing with ES file explorer. I just saw the Icon that corresponded to what the hotspot icon looked like, and then deleted it.

As for the delay I know what you are talking about, but I dont think I have it as severely as you are describing. The only time I get a significant delay is opening up an intensive app, like my gallery since I have nearly a thousand photos, and maybe my phone and messaging app since I have a lot of contacts and text messages. But definitely the power saving option is hindering you, you can try unticking "CPU power saving" under the power saving mode options.
7th May 2013, 02:17 AM   |  #482  
Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 435

473 posts
More
Am I the only one that has entirely no interest at all in multi-windows and thinks it's a completely useless feature that Samsung only created because it looks good on marketing and 15 year olds will swear they need it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony820 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #483  
Atlanta

629 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony820

Am I the only one that has entirely no interest at all in multi-windows and thinks it's a completely useless feature that Samsung only created because it looks good on marketing and 15 year olds will swear they need it?

Im curious to know why you dont like it?
7th May 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #484  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
The only lag I have is on the lock screen. I just updated today to official 4.1.2 after playing with it, I should have just stayed with cm10.1. It is more polished with more options, and reacts better.

If I didn't have to request another activation code for my work email, I would go back to the CM10.1
7th May 2013, 02:34 AM   |  #485  
Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 435

473 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _INSPIREed

Im curious to know why you dont like it?

I don't dislike it. I'm just apathetic on it. The amount of times I've needed to see two windows at once on my phone can be counted on one hand. Even on a PC I barely require visibility of two windows at the same time. Usually, as someone else mentioned, when copying some sort of information by hand. Looking at a Youtube video while reading my email is simply not possible. My eyes can't do that. No one's can.
7th May 2013, 02:45 AM   |  #486  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 81

846 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I

As for the delay I know what you are talking about, but I dont think I have it as severely as you are describing. The only time I get a significant delay is opening up an intensive app, like my gallery since I have nearly a thousand photos, and maybe my phone and messaging app since I have a lot of contacts and text messages. But definitely the power saving option is hindering you, you can try unticking "CPU power saving" under the power saving mode options.

Awesome! That did the trick! Thank you.....
7th May 2013, 02:51 AM   |  #487  
Thanks Meter: 521

1,917 posts
Quote:

I don't dislike it. I'm just apathetic on it. The amount of times I've needed to see two windows at once on my phone can be counted on one hand. Even on a PC I barely require visibility of two windows at the same time. Usually, as someone else mentioned, when copying some sort of information by hand. Looking at a Youtube video while reading my email is simply not possible. My eyes can't do that. No one's can.

I'm a multitasker so people like me will be benefit greatly from it. I would love to watch YouTube and text. Also why the hate for teens?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
7th May 2013, 02:58 AM   |  #488  
Thanks Meter: 694

1,425 posts
More
Anyone figured out how to get voice/video in Gtalk working on mobile data? On ICS and GB, all you had to do was run Gtalk enabler, reboot, profit, but that's not the case w/JB.

Here's said app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.gtalkenabler

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
Last edited by Tx Redneck; 7th May 2013 at 03:03 AM.
7th May 2013, 03:07 AM   |  #489  
Thanks Meter: 150

2,194 posts
Quote:

I don't use Power Savings - it's off. Does it matter that the CPU option is ticked?
7th May 2013, 03:14 AM   |  #490  
Atlanta

629 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can see your point, but I agree with Ltilt. Im a huge multitasker, even if its leisurely multitasking. I would love to be able to play spades and skype at the same time. Or have google currents AND flipboard open. the combinations are endless

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread