Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to charge HTC One X stuck in boot loop

OP fryster

24th September 2012, 10:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi all, I have a HTC One X that is stuck in a boot loop. I want to re-flash it back to stock, but every time I plug it in to charge it enough it constantly reboots. So how can I get to over 30% charge if if constantly re-boots? Many Thanks!
24th September 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,093

1,524 posts
Donate to Me
I just used this tool when it was at 25% http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1734365 and carnt you charge it in recovery if not use that tool to flash latest recovery and you should be able to charge

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
24th September 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 1,103

1,095 posts
More
if ur recovery is CWM latest u can charge it there or at the bootloader if am not wrong
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1609190
this will help
24th September 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #4  
XDA Portal Team
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 1,118

919 posts
More

As other posters have said, the latest ClockWork Mod recovery enables charging just flash it through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img)

You can download it loads of places, i always get them from here (http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager) for obvious reasons - just find HTC One X GSM and download

25th September 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

75 posts
To get out of bootloop try flashing boot.img for the rom you installed. Might help?
25th September 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Perhaps booting another kernel is enough to get the phone booted far enough to start charging.

You can use 'fastboot boot <zImage> <ramdisk.cpio.gz>' to download and boot another kernel.
25th September 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #7  

40 posts
I have a similar problem my phone is not charging beyond 3.5mV which is just roughly not enough to flash it, it requires 3.68 I think, and once it gets to 3557 it starts going down even if its connected.
I tried the .bat option already and same result. Even the phone goes warmer when charging, so I placed a fan beside it to keep it cool but no luck still...
What can I do?

Is it because the phone has no boot.img? only recovery? and a flashed rom waiting for the boot.img?
25th September 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #8  
XDA Portal Team
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 1,118

919 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H170k121

I have a similar problem my phone is not charging beyond 3.5mV which is just roughly not enough to flash it, it requires 3.68 I think, and once it gets to 3557 it starts going down even if its connected.
I tried the .bat option already and same result. Even the phone goes warmer when charging, so I placed a fan beside it to keep it cool but no luck still...
What can I do?

Is it because the phone has no boot.img? only recovery? and a flashed rom waiting for the boot.img?

Possibly, it needs the boot.img, which I'm sure you're aware is the kernel, a kernel is practically the link between software and hardware, so it could quite possibly be the fact you haven't flashed the boot.img, it more than certainly won't boot without one. Which ever Rom you flashed. Extract the boot.img from it then flash it via fastboot. Then clear the caches and it should boot.

Also if you can get into recovery just quickly flash the newest cwm and then enter it. This will allow it to charge whilst on recovery you can also mount your sd card in this recovery too

Sent from my HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Android For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #9  

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgeox

Possibly, it needs the boot.img, which I'm sure you're aware is the kernel, a kernel is practically the link between software and hardware, so it could quite possibly be the fact you haven't flashed the boot.img, it more than certainly won't boot without one. Which ever Rom you flashed. Extract the boot.img from it then flash it via fastboot. Then clear the caches and it should boot.

Also if you can get into recovery just quickly flash the newest cwm and then enter it. This will allow it to charge whilst on recovery you can also mount your sd card in this recovery too

Sent from my HTC One X

Oh yeah I know that and that's why I'm worried, because I have low batt issues that won't let me flash it =S and in recovery I have the latest cwm which is i think the .4 something, but I can't flash anything else, I can still install from sd card though, so if there is a way to flash it via sd card, or recovery it will work perfectly.
2nd December 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #10  
Flag perez zeledon
Thanks Meter: 128

1,463 posts
Donate to Me
More
guys i have this problem and icant fix my device can someone help me thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread