OP O_G

8th September 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,050

5,040 posts
More
Samsung Galaxy Note Review Thread

As with the original note, i am sure there will be a massive influx of reviews for the upcoming Note 2. We are all keen to take a look at what this great device is going to be like, so i think a centralized place for all reviews is a good idea. Hopefully it should keep the general section clean(er) and give a great resource for future note 2 owners. I will ask all to keep this thread clean of idle chit chat, all we want is quality reviews to give a clear picture of the device.

Thanks in advance to anybody who contributes
Last edited by O_G; 24th September 2012 at 07:14 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
hot_spare
24th September 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Talking The first review is out
Solid rating from PA:

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id3134

I generally don't give much importance to PA reviews, but no harm in reading it whoever is interested.
25th September 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Zierikzee
Thanks Meter: 8

92 posts
More
Another preview: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...review-811.php
26th September 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 163

479 posts
A Korean review (note II got released on South Korea today). Of course I didn't understand a word but I noticed a new feature @1:53, the Note II has the same split screen feature as in the Note 10.1. Pure win.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CreepyDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,293 posts
BGR's short pre-review:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZrC98fnOk

Dialaphone review:
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/201...play-of-power/
Last edited by ChodTheWacko; 28th September 2012 at 12:30 AM.
28th September 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 377

465 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Guardian

Thanks guys, great feed back
any news about the camera unit? no change at all? i know they wanted to use Sony's new BSI 13mp units but the production yields were low and LG already pre-ordered them for its Optimus G so Samsung had to stick with 8Mp camera units, so did they actually get better ones or used the same ones that take REALLY REALLY bad low light pictures? :/

I'm not sure why you think the Galaxy Note II produces really really bad low light pictures? I have seen a Galaxy Note 1 & 2 picture comparison where it does seem like the Note 1 produces better pictures in wide dynamic range scenes.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa..._id3136/page/3

But the difference is still minimal. I'm sure there will be a HDR mode like on all Galaxy phones, so when told to, it should be able to produce better images during harsh lighting conditions where there is intense brightness and dark shadows.

From what I hear, the 13 megapixel sensor on the Optimus G isn't all that great. It is providing marginally better resolutions in optimal lighting conditions while doing worse in low light situations than a 8MP sensor. From all the reports I'm reading, I'm seeing that the Note 2 will have a BSI (backlit sensor). Is there an article saying otherwise?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)
Last edited by Lucidmike; 27th October 2012 at 06:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucidmike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #8  
Flag West Midlands - UK
Thanks Meter: 116

368 posts
More
It may be of interest to some that the Mains charger that comes with the Note II has a 5 Volt 2 Amp output. With the large battery capacity, some of the existing
chargers you may have around your home (as well as car adaptors) are likely to be of a far lower output - typically 0.5 Amp to 1.0 Amp,

My Note II came from Handtec in the UK but the box clearly shows Samsung France and the default language on set up was French.

Not a review as such but a very recent Samsung promo from Korea showing many of the features including the split/multi screen mode (around 2min 10secs through video)
available only in some of the latest ROM versions.

Last edited by htc6500uk; 2nd October 2012 at 01:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to htc6500uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #9  

1,293 posts
phones4u review:
(can you really trust reviews from a place that sells phones though?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxTDlVuoIs
The Following User Says Thank You to ChodTheWacko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #10  

1,293 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodm7sn

I think he mentioned that bluetooth has to be ON for the phone to alert u when the s-pen isn't in place!??

No, he said bluetooth has to be on to detect if you walked away from the pen.

Regardless I don't believe this, and it doesn't say this in the manual.
I'll be testing it.

Another review:
http://www.autoomobile.com/news/sams...eview/1004297/

The Following User Says Thank You to ChodTheWacko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread