Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 43,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Connecting with ADB

Tip us?

Koumajutsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] [Help] Connecting with ADB

Has anyone figured out how to connect to their Note with ADB yet?
I turned on debugging but the darn thing still doesn't show up in the devices list.
For reference, I'm using the cable that came with the Note and I can transfer files successfully

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Have you installed proper drivers or the Android SDK? If you get Android SDK for your pc, make sure open up the manager in there. Then download platform tools and tools. It should give you needed drivers and support for ADB & Fastboot(not sure if Samsung uses it).

Or you might be able to use Odin to do whatever you trying to do with ADB. Not sure though. Depends on what you trying to do.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

The Following User Says Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Koumajutsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
Have you installed proper drivers or the Android SDK? If you get Android SDK for your pc, make sure open up the manager in there. Then download platform tools and tools. It should give you needed drivers and support for ADB & Fastboot(not sure if Samsung uses it).

Or you might be able to use Odin to do whatever you trying to do with ADB. Not sure though. Depends on what you trying to do.
I'm trying to play with some app deving, I like the logcat tools Eclipse provides.
I'm also trying to play with sqlite,

I updated my SDK to have the ICS and JB API's, I didn't think that ADB would have been significantly different than the honeycomb one I was using with my GB phone. I'll give it another try when I get back to my office on Thursday. I figured either I was doing something wrong, or I had something wrong on my Note when my Prevail works.

Thanks for the help

Koumajutsu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Well, I updated everything, made sure I have the latest ADB executable and dll's and still can't get it to work.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
I can connect to my phone just fine, pull logcats, install test builds of APKs with Eclipse, everything.

My Note just doesn't show in the device list. I've made sure that adbd is a running service on the Note. Should I be using a different cable from the one that came with the system?

In case it matters, the only things I've done are to install CWM recovery and rooted using this method: rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-note-10-1-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-10-1-easiest-methodcwmmethod-2/

Koumajutsu
Old
(Last edited by Koumajutsu; 8th October 2012 at 01:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Well, turns out I'm a complete idiot.

It helps to have the latest samsung drivers installed

I had given up on getting it to work, then installed Kies to do an update.....
once it installed new drivers, my Note suddenly started showing up in ADB's device list.
Here I thought I already had the latest drivers

I feel like such an idiot