Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FREE][GAME][Brain & Puzzle][2.2+] Pick Lock FREE

Tip us?

dotstudio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [FREE][GAME][Brain & Puzzle][2.2+] Pick Lock FREE

[FREE][GAME][Brain & Puzzle][2.2+] Pick Lock FREE

Hi guys,
Here is my new brain game Pick Lock.

Google Play link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.PickLockFREE

The goal of this game is to match the target pattern using two actions - translation and rotation. The levels are generated randomly, so the player will face different challenges every time the game is started. The player needs to think ahead like in a game of chess. There is always a 'Key' button available, which shows a possible solution. Please read the 'Rules'. If the players hit wrong button there is an 'Undo' button, which goes one move back, and 'Init' button that clears the board. The 'Key' button is available only when the board is clear. The game features an original background music composed by Yordan Velichkov. The game does not have any competitive goals, but offers a relaxing atmosphere for players that want to exercise their minds. The free version features 30 levels with solutions starting from 1 to 4 moves.

Online web version of the game:
Play Pick Lock

A short YouTube game play movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZi3dYaoOJM

And some screenshots:

Any feedback will be great appreciated!!!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dotstudio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tjeannin
Old
Thanks Meter 53
This app is looking great but isn't the logic behind the game too simple ?

dotstudio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
hi man,
thanks for feedback. yes the logic is simple in terms of user input. the resulted combinations are hundreds of thousands and that feature pleases me - simple input with complex results.

dotstudio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
New update (1.0.2) is available now. The rules are described better, as suggested.

dotstudio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
guys, are the levels too easy or too difficult? i was thinking about unlocking the moderate difficulty button and present 30 more random levels with 5 moves solutions.

playrock
Old
Thanks Meter 4
downloaded the game and played a bit. lots of fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to playrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dotstudio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Hi guys,
I just decided to unlock all levels of the game and released version 1.0.3. Now 90 levels that are generated randomly every time you start the game are available. I hope that will bring more fun and downloads.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Hotfingers
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Thumbs up Love this game

Hi @dotstudio,

First impression - I love this game.
It's pretty, and clever.

The 1st few levels look too easy, but then when I tried medium I was confused by the puzzle...

So I went back to the beginning, and started moving through the levels quicker.

After finding that the 1st concept is introduced really slowly, I'm enjoying the way new concepts are introduced after that.

Totally love this game.

Thanks for giving it to us
Current phone: Huawei P6 (Stock B506)
Prev phone: XPERIA (LT15i) - Legacy CM 10.1 rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Hotfingers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dotstudio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Thanks @Hotfingers,
I was thinking of a reward system, where the user will have 1 key at the begining which can be used once to reveal a solution of one level and then will disappear. A new key will be obtained if the user solves a level with the exact or less number of moves the solution requires. So one can obtain 90 keys for all levels + 1 key that is given initially for total of 91 keys max. Of course that means that I need to also keep score and introduce some competitive goals...

Btw, thanks XDAdevelopers for the review of my game!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dotstudio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geggan
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
The game sound like fun but unfortunatley it does not work on my OneX with CM10.
I get to the loading screen but the the app closes down.

Tags
brain & puzzle, free, game, pick lock