Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair
Procedure for decompiling/compiling apk
Copy your roms framework files( Usually only framework-res.apk, but are different for different phones ) and the apk that you want to decompile to apktool folder.
Extract resources using the command given below.
apktool if framework-res.apk
If there are more, then extract them too using the format
Decompile the apk you want to mod using the command
apktool d apkname.apk
This will create a folder with the contents of the extracted apk. The folder will have the same name as the apk.
Make changes. Compile the changes using the command
apktool b foldername
If all goes well, your new apk will be created.
---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------
I need the other framework files to decompile.
Guess i put my words wrongly... here's what i did:
1. Flash ROM via sdfuse
2. Link CMW recovery via sdfuse
3. getspace and superuser via CMW recovery
4. replace librapid-ril-core.so
5. adb pull framework-res
6. apk if framework-res.apk and lenovo-res.apk
7. apk d framework-res.apk
8. add google location line fix at array.xml
9. apk b framework-res
10. Pulled META-INF folder from original framework-res.apk and added into the modded apk
11. Overwrote the phone's apk inside /system/framework with Root Explorer
12. Rebooted instantly but stuck at "For those who do" screen
I also noticed in your previous mod for Holandeserrante, you added in this:
May i know what is this for?