Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][CWM][ROM's] Lenovo IdeaPhone (LePhone) K860(i)

Tip us?
 
viveknaudiyal
Old
#1441  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 154
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Default Latest Vibe Rom released yesterday

Lenovo has released the new updated vibe ROM yesterday in szb format.
The ROM has new virtual keys same like full nexus 4.
You can download it from: http://www.viberom.com/xiazai_k860_nk.html
 
viveknaudiyal
Old
#1442  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 154
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair View Post
Get it from the link below.

https://app.box.com/s/t0wzo1kx5v8v4dmfr867
Hi Silesh, Can you come to my rescue again. I have installed the latest vibe rom released yesterday , but again not able to amend the framework-res.apk.

Can you please do the same as you did last time for me,

I want to add the below mentioned for the location fix
decompile framework-res.apk,
search /res/values/arrays.xml search for "config_locationProviderPackageNames", it should look like this:

++ <string-array name="config_locationProviderPackageNames">
+++++ <item>com.google.android.location</item> <-- add this line for fix
+++++ <item>com.android.location.fused</item>
++ </string-array>

apk uploaded at http://www.4shared.com/mobile/NAxRzy...ework-res.html
 
Silesh.Nair
Old
#1443  
Silesh.Nair's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3917
Posts: 2,429
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gods Own Country

 
DONATE TO ME
I'll get it done tomorrow. I am compiling PA for my phone and it will take some time. Only after its done can I reboot to windows.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Sources : here
Downloads : MEGA 6.3 : here || S4 MINI : here || S4 : here || HOX : here || FIND7 : here
Threads Mega 6.3 & SGS4 Mini : here
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze
Videos : CM11 | SLIMKAT
 
nekromaniak
Old
(Last edited by nekromaniak; 20th December 2013 at 05:07 PM.) Reason: update
#1444  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2013
Hi Silesh.Nair, i just flashed the latest vibe rom via sdfuse method and managed to retrieve the framework-res.apk via adb pull. Then i decompiled, added the google location line fix and recompiled it by referring to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1805408

After that, im lost.. is it a must to sign and zipalign it? how can i achieve that? Appreciate if you can provide a guide or something for future updates as Im pretty sure this will not be the last time we need a modded framework-res.apk

I tried looking at your guide about modifying the szb but its way too compilcated for me. So i just went with the easier sdfuse method->mod/replace framework-res.. Ussd code is still fixable by replacing librapid-ril-core.so, its just that Location Service within framework-res.apk..........
 
Silesh.Nair
Old
#1445  
Silesh.Nair's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3917
Posts: 2,429
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gods Own Country

 
DONATE TO ME
How can u replace an apk using sdfuse method?

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Sources : here
Downloads : MEGA 6.3 : here || S4 MINI : here || S4 : here || HOX : here || FIND7 : here
Threads Mega 6.3 & SGS4 Mini : here
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze
Videos : CM11 | SLIMKAT
 
Silesh.Nair
Old
(Last edited by Silesh.Nair; 21st December 2013 at 06:43 AM.)
#1446  
Silesh.Nair's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3917
Posts: 2,429
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gods Own Country

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromaniak View Post
Hi Silesh.Nair, i just flashed the latest vibe rom via sdfuse method and managed to retrieve the framework-res.apk via adb pull. Then i decompiled, added the google location line fix and recompiled it by referring to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1805408

After that, im lost.. is it a must to sign and zipalign it? how can i achieve that? Appreciate if you can provide a guide or something for future updates as Im pretty sure this will not be the last time we need a modded framework-res.apk

I tried looking at your guide about modifying the szb but its way too compilcated for me. So i just went with the easier sdfuse method->mod/replace framework-res.. Ussd code is still fixable by replacing librapid-ril-core.so, its just that Location Service within framework-res.apk..........
Procedure for decompiling/compiling apk

Download this apktool by connor and extract it.

Copy your roms framework files( Usually only framework-res.apk, but are different for different phones ) and the apk that you want to decompile to apktool folder.

Extract resources using the command given below.
Code:
apktool if framework-res.apk
If there are more, then extract them too using the format

Decompile the apk you want to mod using the command
Code:
apktool d apkname.apk
This will create a folder with the contents of the extracted apk. The folder will have the same name as the apk.

Make changes. Compile the changes using the command
Code:
apktool b foldername
If all goes well, your new apk will be created. Copy the META-INF folder from the original apk to the new apk. Done.



---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknaudiyal View Post
Hi Silesh, Can you come to my rescue again. I have installed the latest vibe rom released yesterday , but again not able to amend the framework-res.apk.

Can you please do the same as you did last time for me,

I want to add the below mentioned for the location fix
decompile framework-res.apk,
search /res/values/arrays.xml search for "config_locationProviderPackageNames", it should look like this:

++ <string-array name="config_locationProviderPackageNames">
+++++ <item>com.google.android.location</item> <-- add this line for fix
+++++ <item>com.android.location.fused</item>
++ </string-array>

apk uploaded at http://www.4shared.com/mobile/NAxRzy...ework-res.html
I need the other framework files to decompile.
Sources : here
Downloads : MEGA 6.3 : here || S4 MINI : here || S4 : here || HOX : here || FIND7 : here
Threads Mega 6.3 & SGS4 Mini : here
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze
Videos : CM11 | SLIMKAT
The Following User Says Thank You to Silesh.Nair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
viveknaudiyal
Old
#1447  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 154
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair View Post
Procedure for decompiling/compiling apk

Download this apktool by connor and extract it.

Copy your roms framework files( Usually only framework-res.apk, but are different for different phones ) and the apk that you want to decompile to apktool folder.

Extract resources using the command given below.
Code:
apktool if framework-res.apk
If there are more, then extract them too using the format

Decompile the apk you want to mod using the command
Code:
apktool d apkname.apk
This will create a folder with the contents of the extracted apk. The folder will have the same name as the apk.

Make changes. Compile the changes using the command
Code:
apktool b foldername
If all goes well, your new apk will be created.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------



I need the other framework files to decompile.
Hi Silesh. Thanks a lot for your help. I have uploaded it at http://www.4shared.com/mobile/zcKfKo_P/lenovo-res.html
 
nekromaniak
Old
(Last edited by nekromaniak; 21st December 2013 at 12:43 PM.) Reason: Updating the steps involved
#1448  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair View Post
Procedure for decompiling/compiling apk



Copy your roms framework files( Usually only framework-res.apk, but are different for different phones ) and the apk that you want to decompile to apktool folder.

Extract resources using the command given below.
Code:
apktool if framework-res.apk
If there are more, then extract them too using the format

Decompile the apk you want to mod using the command
Code:
apktool d apkname.apk
This will create a folder with the contents of the extracted apk. The folder will have the same name as the apk.

Make changes. Compile the changes using the command
Code:
apktool b foldername
If all goes well, your new apk will be created.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------



I need the other framework files to decompile.
Guess i put my words wrongly... here's what i did:

1. Flash ROM via sdfuse
2. Link CMW recovery via sdfuse
3. getspace and superuser via CMW recovery
4. replace librapid-ril-core.so
5. adb pull framework-res
6. apk if framework-res.apk and lenovo-res.apk
7. apk d framework-res.apk
8. add google location line fix at array.xml
9. apk b framework-res
10. Pulled META-INF folder from original framework-res.apk and added into the modded apk
11. Overwrote the phone's apk inside /system/framework with Root Explorer
12. Rebooted instantly but stuck at "For those who do" screen


I also noticed in your previous mod for Holandeserrante, you added in this:

android.hardware.location.xml

May i know what is this for?

UPDATES
 
Silesh.Nair
Old
#1449  
Silesh.Nair's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3917
Posts: 2,429
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gods Own Country

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromaniak View Post
Guess i put my words wrongly... here's what i did:

1. Flash ROM via sdfuse
2. Link CMW recovery via sdfuse
3. getspace and superuser via CMW recovery
4. replace librapid-ril-core.so
5. adb pull framework-res
6. apk if framework-res.apk and lenovo-res.apk
7. apk d framework-res.apk
8. add google location line fix at array.xml
9. apk b framework-res
10. LOST - should i sign and zipalign first or can i adb push to /sys/framework/ straight away? how can i set the permission of the modded framework-res.apk before i push?

I also noticed in your previous mod for Holandeserrante, you added in this:

android.hardware.location.xml

May i know what is this for?
Don't sign. Just pull the META-INF folder from the original apk and add it to the modified apk.
Sources : here
Downloads : MEGA 6.3 : here || S4 MINI : here || S4 : here || HOX : here || FIND7 : here
Threads Mega 6.3 & SGS4 Mini : here
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze
Videos : CM11 | SLIMKAT
 
Silesh.Nair
Old
#1450  
Silesh.Nair's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3917
Posts: 2,429
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gods Own Country

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromaniak View Post
I also noticed in your previous mod for Holandeserrante, you added in this:

android.hardware.location.xml

May i know what is this for?
Location fix.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknaudiyal View Post
Hi Silesh. Thanks a lot for your help. I have uploaded it at http://www.4shared.com/mobile/zcKfKo_P/lenovo-res.html
Download it from here.
Sources : here
Downloads : MEGA 6.3 : here || S4 MINI : here || S4 : here || HOX : here || FIND7 : here
Threads Mega 6.3 & SGS4 Mini : here
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze
Videos : CM11 | SLIMKAT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes