Because I recently bought the Lenovo K860 and am waiting to receive it, I did some research on how to root it.
I found some steps on a Chinese website.
What I understand form it is you have to do the following steps to root:
- Set the phone to USB debugging in the settings
- Make sure drivers are installed and the phone is recognized well by the default phone PC software
- Close all the PC phone software applications
- Make sure no other android or smart/USB-device is connected except for the phone itself.
- Download this file: root files
- Unzip it and launch the .exe (executable file) with the Chinese characters (should be first .exe in directory). Launch it with Administrator privileges.
- The shell should start the root process.
- The phone will automatically restart, don't touch it or any button, don't interrupt the shell program!!
- Now after the reboot you should press a key.
- The shell program should continue, the phone will restart again!
- Again press a key to continue and wait for the shell program to reboot your phone for the third time (this can take some time).
- When rebooted the "Operation was successful" message should appear in the shell program.
- Now your K860 is rooted! Look for the root app in your phone to confirm. If rooting didn't work, try this process again.
I want to note that I'm not responsible for any bricked phone by using this root process! I didn't do it myself yet, so it's all at your own risk!
Also backup all data before rooting the phone!
Because I don't have this phone at the moment I can't try to root it just yet. So if anyone got it rooted using this method, let me know!