Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][CWM][ROM's] Lenovo IdeaPhone (LePhone) K860(i)

Tip us?

exorcyts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, it helped.

orgod
Old
(Last edited by orgod; 23rd May 2013 at 09:23 AM.) Reason: Changelog
Thanks Meter 18
K860_1_S_2_003_0002_130522

Changelog:
Quote:
1, further optimization of the system.
2, Fix UC browser can not download resources, prompts "can not find the memory card."
3, repair micro-channel, QQ chat software use exceptions, micro-channel voice after the content is empty (no sound), QQ run will be forced to quit.
4, the repair of high moral navigation run flash on exit.
5, repair, automatically adjust the brightness.
6, repairing flashlight, side-lit screen function can not be used.
7, the upgrade can not fix music networking.
8, the previous version of the recorder repair problems.
9, repair music memo recording memos completely unable recording.
10, removal and restoration passers-shift effects shot crash. :
11, can not repair the internal storage format.
12, external memory card can not be repaired within a switch.
13, menu key big change, and four virtual buttons the same size; reduced height and the virtual keys.
14, add "developer who Options" function right, you need to enter a password * # * # 537999 # * # * to display all options.
15, adding "restart" option. :

viveknaudiyal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hi
I upgraded my Lenovo K860 with the stock firmware "K860_1_S_2_002_0372_130424 (Android 4.1.2)". from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=388183&st=1240

Was able to add Gapps using CWM recovery and used gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip for it.

I am facing two problems. For some apps in playstore"Maps, Whatsapp," it says application not compatible

Google now not says location services off even after turning the services on it the settings.

How can I sort out these issues

viveknaudiyal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoyan View Post
I am currently using the official android 4.1.2 release ... and guys you can get along comfortably without the Google Play Store. For example, this app, the XDA app can be downloaded from the Lenovo app store. I did for FB, Flip board, whatsapp, twitter, Uber ... so I can survive without getting my apps from Google store because the the Lenovo store has almost all the apps I need from the Play store.

Update 1. The rooting method as described in this post does not work anymore on the latest 4.1.2 szb but other methods can

Update 2. Inserted gapps into the 121226 szb and now have Google services running. So very stable 4.1.2 official ROM.

Sent from my Lenovo K860 using xda premium
Hi Can you please provide link for the 121226 firmware. I updated the stock K860_1_S_2_002_0372_130424 rom. But after installing Gapps it doesn't show all apps for my locations. Eg Maps not working.
Also Google now shows location services off even though they are switched on. Can you help please

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoyan View Post
I am currently using the official android 4.1.2 release ... and guys you can get along comfortably without the Google Play Store. For example, this app, the XDA app can be downloaded from the Lenovo app store. I did for FB, Flip board, whatsapp, twitter, Uber ... so I can survive without getting my apps from Google store because the the Lenovo store has almost all the apps I need from the Play store.

Update 1. The rooting method as described in this post does not work anymore on the latest 4.1.2 szb but other methods can

Update 2. Inserted gapps into the 121226 szb and now have Google services running. So very stable 4.1.2 official ROM.

Sent from my Lenovo K860 using xda premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiotu View Post
Updated my custom ROM to version 2.03, and sharing it just in case someone else outside my local forum is interested:
THIS IS FOR K860 not sure if it's working for K860i (although i'm using K860i kernel source code)
Features:
- Working USSD and Market fix.
- Base ROM: Latest 130424 Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
- Swap uboot.bin from other version, (130424 uboot.bin broken recovery option through boot loader menu A)
- Custom made kernel, modded & compiled from K860i JB source code.
- Add i/o schedulers: ROW, SIO, & V(R).
- Default i/o scheduler set to ROW instead of CFQ (standar stock K860).
- Busybox installed.
- Root-ed, Superuser manager using Koush's (creator of Clockworkmod), all credits goes to him.
- Init.d support.
- Playstore compatibility and USSD fix.
- GApps (Google Apps) for JB 4.1.2 included, using package from Formula84
- Apex launcher.
- Set default language to English
- Lots of Ringtones.
- Added Cootek TouchPal keyboard.
- Lenovo's app debloated
- 4 way reboot, thanks to Kahvitahra of XDA-Developers.
- Changes from my v2.02: some build.prop tweak for less UI glitch, Themed UI - BLACK - Quick Setting Toggler button from JB 4.2

Tweaks:
- Default governor (pegasusq) tweaks for more responsive CPU.
- GPU rendering for UI (may cause small glitch).
- Tweaks for better battery life (sleep mode; disable normalize and new fair sleeper;dll).
- Low memory killer (Minfree) tweaks.
- Increase eMMC readahead buffer size.
- Some minor VM tweaks for better performance.
- Navbar size set to 25dpi (default 40dpi).
- SQLite database and auto Zipalign optimized (set on timely event, not at every boot).
- GPS localized (to Asia, mind you...for other region should tweak GPS.conf file)

Not Working:
- Google Chrome browser (due to surface_flinger service been disabled by default, if enabled through init boot chrome will work but also cause off-power battery charging error).

Bugfix:
- How to set Alarm: go to clock, add alarm, set ringtone first prior to checking the "turn alarm on checkbox", original ringtones were removed due to chinese filenaming, therefore setting alarm by directly checking the turn alarm on checkbox will cause FC.

Disclaimer and notes:
- As always DIYOR (Do It on Your Own Risk)...
- Warranty Void.
- DO NOT OTA UPDATE.
- This ROM does not erase current data and apps, therefore wiping data and cache prior to flashing is recommended especially when upgrading from ICS, failure to do so will often lead to app FC. Restoring apps using any backup application should also restore apps only not apps+data.

Download link:
Warning: this is my local file-sharing, contains lots of a*d*f*l*y banner and those are not my doing, i'm taking no advantage of my sharing.
Please set language to english just in case.
http://www.taruhsini.com/f2rglra3z4o...v2.03.rar.html

Mirror on Dev-Host, by my Kaskus Bro Farhanito:
http://d-h.st/AbM (recommended)

Downloads link tested, downloaded file flashed tested, should be no problem with file. Happy Flashing..
Hi Can you share how to tweak the gps.conf file for india and what needs to be done

kiotu
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknaudiyal View Post
Hi Can you please provide link for the 121226 firmware. I updated the stock K860_1_S_2_002_0372_130424 rom. But after installing Gapps it doesn't show all apps for my locations. Eg Maps not working.
Also Google now shows location services off even though they are switched on. Can you help please

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Hi Can you share how to tweak the gps.conf file for india and what needs to be done
First you need root access, then try download the GPS.conf for your country here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1233256, and replace the GPS.conf in /system/etc folder with the downloaded one, be sure to set the permission as per original file.
Current Devices:
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Nexus 4
HTC One Dual Sim 802d
Lenovo Vibe Z K910
The Following User Says Thank You to kiotu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chri114
Old
(Last edited by Chri114; 23rd May 2013 at 06:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Can this root also work on my Ideaphone K900?

vikrant82
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Here's mine with an instant fix outside in Hyderabad.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (758 Bytes, 15 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to vikrant82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiotu
Old
(Last edited by kiotu; 3rd July 2013 at 11:13 AM.) Reason: Update Kernel
Thanks Meter 64
Experimental JB 4.1.2 kernel (plus fix for my roms), made for my Kiotu roms (and stock ROM with the same baseband 130424), but u can mod it to other roms.

updated, version V4:
- Better RAM management on kernel level: lag, screen blink and locked up on heavy ram usage reduced significantly.
- zRAM compression support, running at boot, RAM swap size: 100MB. Use apps like zRAM status to monitor zRAM usage. Also, set minfree value to reasonable value (u can use apps like minfree manager to do so), no need for aggressive setting whatsoever.
- Location Service Off issue fixed, network location working.
- Some small kernel tweaks.
- Some notes: This update is for smoother daily usage, not suitable for benchmarking purpose since how zRAM works will reduce I/O test score during benchmark (tested using Antutu).

updated, version V3: changelog:
- GPIO dvfs.
- AIO support.
- Memory compaction.
- Some other small tweaks.

updated, version V2: changelog:
- Support GPU and CPU voltage/freq control.
- Default I/O scheduler set to zen (credits to Zen Kernel maker).
- Readahead SDCard buffer set to 256M.
- Jumpy touchscreen at charging, credits to icebluechao.

Features:
- Flashable ZIP through CWM
- Automatic Group Process Scheduling enabled
- AIO enabled
- ION Manager support
- Added New I/O Scheduler: Zen, ROW scheduler, and SIO scheduler.
- Spreading CPU Frequency from 100Mhz-1600Mhz
- RAM Swap support
Important Notes:
- Support for OC up to 1,6Ghz, default Freq at boot set to 1,4Ghz, Min Freq at 100Mhz.
DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK, IF U'RE PLANNING ON DOING OC / UC, DO NOT SET FREQ DEFAULT AT BOOT, OC/UC should be done manually on each boot.

How to flash: Flash using CWM, WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK after flashing. And as always: DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.
Link:
V4: http://d-h.st/IBf
V3: http://d-h.st/RPk
Current Devices:
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Nexus 4
HTC One Dual Sim 802d
Lenovo Vibe Z K910
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kiotu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viveknaudiyal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrant82 View Post
Here's mine with an instant fix outside in Hyderabad.
Hi
Even after the changing the gps.conf provided by you the Location services shows off even though it is enabled in the system. Could you guide me of any possible steps I need to follow to get this working.
Steps I am following.
Installed the ROM "K860_1_S_2_002_0372_130424.szb".
Rooted the phone changed the gps.conf file. Changed the permission to rw-r-r
Installed CWM recovery"Link_cwm_recoveryV1.szb"
Installed gapps using CWM recovery"gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip"
Wipe out cache and data
but after this also the not able to get the location services off
(For many services Google Plays says Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Can you help in resolving this. Though there is no issue if I use the ROM from koitu "K860_stuttgart_kiotu_v2.03.szb".

But I want to use the stock ROM

kiotu
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknaudiyal View Post
Hi
Even after the changing the gps.conf provided by you the Location services shows off even though it is enabled in the system. Could you guide me of any possible steps I need to follow to get this working.
Steps I am following.
Installed the ROM "K860_1_S_2_002_0372_130424.szb".
Rooted the phone changed the gps.conf file. Changed the permission to rw-r-r
Installed CWM recovery"Link_cwm_recoveryV1.szb"
Installed gapps using CWM recovery"gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip"
Wipe out cache and data
but after this also the not able to get the location services off
(For many services Google Plays says Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Can you help in resolving this. Though there is no issue if I use the ROM from koitu "K860_stuttgart_kiotu_v2.03.szb".

But I want to use the stock ROM
Hi, sorry for showing up while not being called, but have u tried the xml for marketplace fix? it's actually xml files containing location services permission. You can download it from my post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=618, and also since u running the chinese domestic ROM, if u haven't done so u should also need to apply the USSD fix patch which I posted a few page back too http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=628
Current Devices:
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Nexus 4
HTC One Dual Sim 802d
Lenovo Vibe Z K910

The Following User Says Thank You to kiotu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]