Old
(Last edited by Gary Key; 1st October 2012 at 09:10 PM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,612
Smile Android 4.1 - TF700

Good Day,

Official Press Statement -

Dear Valued ASUS Customers,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for your continued support.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.14.1 Release is held.

North American Update - 9/27/2012
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.16 Release should be available early next week. A couple of applications that were recently updated (Facebook 1.9.10 on 9/20 as one example) required a last minute firmware update for the keyboard to operate correctly in the "Comment" area with Android 4.1. Sorry about the delay but this fix needed to be implemented before release.

North American Update -
The JB update will be rolling out today. I highly recommend doing a factory reset on ICS, reboot, load the JB update, shutdown, and then start. It will offer the best performance compared to a straight update to JB, especially if you have a lot of apps or custom software loaded. Yes, it is a pain but it makes a real difference in the operation of the unit. Also, if you have rooted the unit I would recommend going back to a stock ICS load before updating. If you are unlocked, the JB update will not be available OTA.

In regards to applications, we have run through the top 500 apps on Play and there are a few applications that might only run in portrait mode or might white screen (Bike Race Free). Google is working with the developers on JB updates now. Also, several Google Apps will recommend an update (updates post 9/20) and we suggest accepting these for best performance.
ASUS Technical Marketing Manager

Follow us at usa.asus.com and http://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america

- https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Please ensure a valid email address is included in your PM or it might not be answered.

For direct ASUS Service Support in North America please contact member - Asus_USA.
The Following 94 Users Say Thank You to Gary Key For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lesonal
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Oh my goddddd I so happy !!! Got an A on my calc exam b on my physics exam and now this omgggggggggggg!!!! Yesss!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Current Devices:Nexus 10 , Nexus 4
Retired : Htc Aria, Atrix 4g Nexus 7, Galaxy s3, Galaxy Nexus, Infinity pad tf700 , Iphone 4s,

Twitter: Ballade_en_reve

Instagram : hijo_d_afrique

hiemanshu
Old
Thanks Meter 1,015

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Good Day,

Official Press Statement -

Dear Valued ASUS Customers,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for your continued support.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.14.1 Release should be available within the next 72 hours.
Best news ever to us devs. Finally!

Do what you love and love what you do.

Like my work!? Donate to me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hiemanshu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tomn8tr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesonal View Post
Oh my goddddd I so happy !!! Got an A on my calc exam b on my physics exam and now this omgggggggggggg!!!! Yesss!!!!

Wow, that really is good day!

hit173
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hope sooner than 72h can't freaking wait yay

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 898
Uhhuh, and the time-estimate for the rest of the world? Y'know, the 750 million inhabitants of Europe, for instance?
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamhlj
Old
Thanks Meter 61
If this is an official press release from ASUS for an android tablet, why is there a link to apple forums in the sig?

At any rate, I hope that this update fixes the problem with Netflix I have.
I love lamp...

firetech
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Since the 9.4.5.30 update it's never a good day anymore for me. Why the #@$! did you have to add signature checks to the bootloader, even on unlocked devices, locking us out from flashing any bootloader we want, and therefore also locking us out from getting nvflash.

Why? Can you answer this question, Gary Key?
You yourself have posted in another thread that you want to give us nvflash access ("but it wasn't ASUS's decision"), why then lock us out when someone do provide a way?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firetech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ooonimrodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 102
This news kinda makes me wish I hadn't brought my Tf700 back to best buy.

Sent from EVO LTE using the XDA app

woodsonmh
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Gary is from asus. I don't why apple reference but its been in his stuff for a long time

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to woodsonmh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]