Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

Tip us?

Gary Key
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1612
Smile Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

Good Day,

Official Press Statement -

Dear Valued ASUS Customers,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for your continued support.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.2.15 Release should be available within the next 48 hours.
ASUS Technical Marketing Manager

Follow us at usa.asus.com and http://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america

- https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Please ensure a valid email address is included in your PM or it might not be answered.

For direct ASUS Service Support in North America please contact member - Asus_USA.
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to Gary Key For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jordache16
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Good Day,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.2.15 Release should be available within the next 48 hours.
Nice. Any word as to whether or not the ANR issues have been fixed (or can be fixed) in this update?
LG G2 - VS980 - [32GB Black]
ASUS Transformer Prime - [32GB Champagne Gold]

krispy521
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Also, Does it fix the lack of being able to transfer data from the Prime to a PC through the charger port without having to transfer it to the MicroSD card first?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Asus Transformer Infinity

Wahaha123
Old
Thanks Meter 34
OMG AWYEAAH JB IS NEAR!!!!...... Sorry to ask, but you have any news for eta in the philippines/south east asia?

Owned/Handled Devices

Samsung Galaxy SL GT i9003 - Cm10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab p1000 - Cm10.1 Paranoid Android 3.15
Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 - Stock
Sony Ericsson W8 - ZenceFil
Samsung Galaxy SII GT i9100 - Stock
Sony Xperia S - Stock
Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Paranoid Android 3.60
Google Nexus 4 - Paranoid Android w/ Halo))) 3.60

vsTerminus
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Great news! This should be really useful for ironing out the remaining issues on existing TF700 JB ROMs!

craigacgomez
Old
Thanks Meter 2580

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordache16 View Post
Nice. Any word as to whether or not the ANR issues have been fixed (or can be fixed) in this update?
Well, I'd like to say... try it to know... there are those (like me) who never had problems with ANRs, even on official builds....

CRAiG GoMEZ

Donate to me

Google LGE Nexus 5 [D820] | SlimKat (Android 4.4.2) - SlimRoms
Google Samsung Nexus 10 [GT-P8110HAEXAR] ThunderKat (Android 4.4.2) - craigacgomez

Akkeresu
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Fantastic. This is the official word I've been waiting to hear. Thank you very much for keeping our devices going, and for coming to the community first. Props. <3

pooblej
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkeresu View Post
Fantastic. This is the official word I've been waiting to hear. Thank you very much for keeping our devices going, and for coming to the community first. Props. <3
Me too - wonder why he did not update the sticky..?

copc
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Key View Post
Good Day,

North American Update -

Thank you Gary
Samsung Note 3
Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb

dgjl
Old
Thanks Meter 31
So, 48 hours of jubilant speculation followed by months of disappointed recrimination!

The Following User Says Thank You to dgjl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]