Have fun!

Mickey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120927_104350.jpg
Views:	1523
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1358324  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickey0815 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steen-p
Old
(Last edited by steen-p; 27th September 2012 at 12:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey0815 View Post
Hello everyone!

I just got the Jelly Bean update on a german ACER a700
Have fun!

Mickey
Have just pulled the update down my self, and the installation seemed to go well. The update has resulted in the following error: “Unfortunately, VirusScan Mobile has stopped.”, and with the options “Report” and “OK”. Regardless of pressing send or OK, the same pop-up appears half a second later. Power of and on have not help.

I don’t know what to do right now to get rid of the problem. The device is useless right now.

If you think about upgrading, I would think twice before jumping into the update. Might be better to wait until more success stories appears

BR Steen

Update: Acer Denmark was not able to help (unless I would return it). I succeded in getting into the settigns menu and killed the VirusScan Mobile, so I am able to use it for now (until I have to reboot it )

sj00
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen-p View Post
Have just pulled the update down my self, and the installation seemed to go well. The update has resulted in the following error: “Unfortunately, VirusScan Mobile has stopped.”, and with the options “Report” and “OK”. Regardless of pressing send or OK, the same pop-up appears half a second later. Power of and on have not help.

I don’t know what to do right now to get rid of the problem. The device is useless right now.

If you think about upgrading, I would think twice before jumping into the update. Might be better to wait until more success stories appears

BR Steen
Ive had the same Problem.
With a taskkiller i have killed the app temp. and then i have erase the Data from Virusmobile in the Setup->Apps.
Until now no Popup.
But i don't konw if the Virusmobile is still running.
The Following User Says Thank You to sj00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steen-p
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Calendar issue

The calendar keeps forgetting what calendar/calendars have be selected for viewing.

BR Steen

Lindexslp
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Also just installed it - Mobile Virusscan was a bit annoying to stop because the FC message pops up in the foreground like every second, leaving you unable to proceed, so you gotta be quick to get into app control...
I deactivated it and switched to Avast! which I already have on my SGS2 and am quite happy with.

That done I must say I'm a bit disappointed performancewise, I don't really have the feeling it got any faster or more fluid.

chemcup
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I had the A700 EMEA_DE but when check for update it say your device is up-to-date
How you got the update can anyone please upload the update zip file?

TomONeill
Old
(Last edited by TomONeill; 27th September 2012 at 09:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Awesome! I also got the update, but will this wipe all my current apps and stuff?

Edit:
I read after searching (hehe, sorry, replied too quick), that OTA updates never wipe the installed apps and data. It only updates system related stuff.

Edit2:
Phew, download is SLOW!
Edit3: Sorry, it's not slow, it's fast, but the tablet was almost out of range of the router.
You Know Me?

cheefy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got the update too in Germany.

My download was quite fast though. No it doesn't change anything in your userdata.Apps and settings are the same.

For me it seems much smoother in the first 5 minutes i checked it out.

Big improvement as far as i could see.

bugmenot4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Someone knows what about the A701?

Sent from my A701 using xda app-developers app

DЯΦiDi@П
Old
(Last edited by DЯΦiDi@П; 27th September 2012 at 10:35 PM.) Reason: added Info
Thanks Meter 29
Nice surprise

Unluckily when I start a manual search for updates, I get the following error meaasge: "System update is not allowed on your device".

Haven't tried it before, because there was nothing to search for. I think it's due to rooting the device, right?

I used method 2 from this post.

Any ideas how to get the update working?

------------------------------

With temp unroot from OTA RootKeeper I can manage to search for an update, but there seems to be nothing available for my device until now.
(Installing might fail anyway due to the patched kernel.)
HTC Desire HD (Taktik 4.4.2/R1) - Acer IconiaTab A700 (CyanogenMod 11.0) - Google Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2 + Root)