[Q] Kindle Fire powers off after displaying blue/white FFF logo for two seconds

OP HunterEX

28th September 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I've been scouring threads and trying to solutions for this problem for the last 3 days.

After wiping the ROM and restoring the stock OS, I was about to run the Amazon update to restore the stock bootloader but as I was charging it past the 40% point, it turned off without warning. It was at 37% charge at that point. Now when I turn it on, the blue/white logo shows up and then the device shuts off almost instantly after that.

The only thing I think might've caused it is that in order to charge the device recently, I've had to wiggle around the power cord a LOT to get it to the charge, and the device turned off while I was doing do.
29th September 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,058

2,465 posts
More
What happens if you go to recovery? Does it remain booted? If so do a wipe factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik then select reboot. See if it will boot to the system from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch

What happens if you go to recovery? Does it remain booted? If so do a wipe factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik then select reboot. See if it will boot to the system from there.

I can't get to ANYTHING, it turns off literally 2 seconds after powering on.
29th September 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

2,465 posts
More
Are you positive it shuts off and doesn't just boot to a black screen? Some of this sounds like a 5 second bootloop but not entirely http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1623244 from what your describing it should have more charge. Turn it off plug it in via USB describe what happens.
29th September 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch

Are you positive it shuts off and doesn't just boot to a black screen? Some of this sounds like a 5 second bootloop but not entirely http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1623244 from what your describing it should have more charge. Turn it off plug it in via USB describe what happens.

Yeah, I've read that. I hit the power button, the blue/white Kindle Fire logo shows up (at the bottom it says press the power button for the menu) but then it shuts off right after that.
29th September 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

2,465 posts
More
You say you restored stock by what you're saying this was a backup correct?
29th September 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Yeah...what's getting me is that it was all working fine until I tried to charge it by the aforementioned wiggling the power cord in the charge port. Unless that was just a coincidence and is irrelevant.
29th September 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #8  
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,105

1,702 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterEX

Yeah, I've read that. I hit the power button, the blue/white Kindle Fire logo shows up (at the bottom it says press the power button for the menu) but then it shuts off right after that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=177
The Following User Says Thank You to kinfauns For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterEX

Yeah...what's getting me is that it was all working fine until I tried to charge it by the aforementioned wiggling the power cord in the charge port. Unless that was just a coincidence and is irrelevant.

My thoughts..

1) Its just a coincidence
2) Did you try charging the kindle overnight and then try running the KFU and change the bootmode to normal
29th September 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor

2,465 posts
More
I think Kinfuans is trying to tell you that your battery is flat. Power it off by holding down the power button for twenty or so seconds, plug it into your computer, set your computer to avoid sleeping then let it sit a few hours or overnight. It should eventually boot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread