5,594,609 Members 33,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which type of microUSB charging connection should the new Car Dock have?
Fixed microUSB position (does not work with cases) 6 20.69%
Flexible microUSB "arm" (works with all cases) 23 79.31%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

Tip us?

MikaelPe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default CarHome Ultra for xProDock coming soon

Update: The Developer of the popular car-mode application CarHome Ultra will be releasing an update of the their app within the next week that supports the xProDock. All Galaxy S 3's and Note II's should work with this. We've tested the app today and found it to work exactly as it should with the Samsung Smartdock mode. Sounds like this will make a lot of customers happy!? Enjoy your evening!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oducks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBOLT Support 1 View Post
You are welcome to return your dock if it does not meet your expectation.

go to settings / accessory / Desk home screen display - make sure the box has a check mark in it. .
Doing this just made the desktop dock mode come on, not the car dock. When I use an NFC tag to turn on car dock and car mode, it works fine.
Hoping the new CHU version works right.
Man, this is A LOT more work than I thought it was going to be when I bought the thing.

LunarSoul
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

Yup mine says UNS, doesn't do anything but charge...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

loktite
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Re: How should the perfect Vehicle Dock for Note II look like? From iBOLT...

Do you have an update as to when this item will be prime eligible?

MikaelPe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarSoul View Post

LunarSoul, please send an email back through the Amazon system and we'll get the Samsung cable in the mail tomorrow Thursday to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikaelPe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

finalhit
Old
Thanks Meter 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarSoul View Post

I emailed them for the same issue. Their sending a replacement. They have decent customer support..just wished there werent so many issues to begin with.

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit View Post
Using nova launcher and I'm not getting dock mode either

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2
I have also started using nova launcher and it launches the sammmy's desktop app as it should. Make sure you are using a micro usb cable and not a car charger. That was what my issue was. I was using a rocketfish car charger from bestbuy plugged into the arm pigtail and it would disable the dock mode screen. Once I used just the cable to a USB charger it worked fine.
**Remember to give thanks every day your device works **

MikaelPe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default New video describing Samsung's Smartdock mode...

As all avid readers of this thread knows Samsung decided with the Jellybean release to NOT include support for "traditional" Android car-mode anymore, except for Galaxy S3's if they are issued by certain US Carriers. Instead their worldwide solution for Note II, Galaxy SIII and presumably forthcoming handsets is to have ONE dock mode, so called "Smartdock" mode.

This is not necessarily a bad change. Within a month or two we anticipate that most popular "car-mode" apps will have been ported by their developer to work with the "Smartdock" mode as well so from an end-user perspective the change will be almost transparent. We at iBOLT are a main "driver" in this process. First out will be the popular application CarHome Ultra which will be updated to support Smartdock mode within the next week.

The only main difference we've seen so far between "car-mode" and "Smartdock mode" is that the icons on the home screen do not turn horizontal automatically with Smartdock mode, although that's probably not so important if you automatically launch a car-home application with your Dock. To clarify to 100% how the Samsung "Smartdock mode" works with a car-dock (in this case xProDock) we've create another little video describing the functionality as well as how the Samsung "default dock" app works. The video is intended also for anyone that has bought, or is thinking about getting the xProDock... Here's the link to the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmr5wYWcMA

Keanen
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Nice work iBolt! Please set this item up for Amazon Prime.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon Wireless
Devices:
- Motorola RAZR Maxx w/Verizon
- HTC Rezound w/Verizon
- Nexus 7 16GB

MikaelPe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanen View Post
Nice work iBolt! Please set this item up for Amazon Prime.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon Wireless
We will set up for Amazon Prime as soon as we have more inventory. It's much better for the manufacturer too with having them handle all the shipping & stuff...