Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 40,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{OOPS!} Quick Recovery!

Tip us?

thomas.raines
Old
(Last edited by thomas.raines; 30th September 2012 at 03:29 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3255

DONATE TO ME
Default {OOPS!} Quick Recovery!

Did you flash the exhilerate ICS ROM and now your phone won't do anything but bootloop?
Are you finished with testing and exploring the ICS ROM and are now ready to get back to your old Gingerbread ROM and patiently wait till we get something more reliable and stable?

Well ladies and gents, here it is. A simple Odin 1-click that will flash the old gb kernel and cwm recovery so you can get back to business.

There is no /system, /data, or /cache partitions included in this package. What is included is dk boot.img (kernel), cwm recovery.img and param.lfs. There is a huge chance your device will ONLY boot into recovery after flashing this so ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip on your sdcard.

I have tested this multiple times this morning and it hasn't failed me yet. But, as with anything I post:
I nor is Team Fah-Q or it's affiliates responsible for anything negative that may occour to your device as a result of probably something you did. Meaning, if you don't follow the instructions fully (which the are extremely simple) then you could brick your phone or cause a zombie apocolyps.

Now time for the good stuff:
How to flash:
1 Ensure you have to appropriate drivers installed on your computer
2 Ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip
3 Download QuickRecover.exe to your desktop
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
5 Plug phone into PC and boot into download mode
5 Ensure the connection box turns yellow and prints a port connection (if not, check PC connection and reboot phone to recovery again)
6 Press start button and wait
7 When it is finished and the phone reboots, quickly unplug the phone and hold volume up/down buttons to get into recovery mode. If you miss it, that is ok, just simply hold power button andvolume up/down untill phone vibrates. Release power button while still holding volume buttons untill phone is in recovery mode
8 Flash YourFavoriteROM.zip.
9 Once phone is rebooted open dialer and Dial *#*#2663#*#* then tap the TSP FW Update and Touchkey FW Update button (this will bring back your soft keys)
10 Reboot
11 Hit the thanks button and provide some feedback in this thread
12 Find and hit Erik's donate button (if you can) to help our brother out. He has fallen on some hard times.
13 Eirk, I put it out there because we all love your work and miss you a lot (no homo!)

Thanks to j3r3goss for the soft key fix
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel
Phone Support for the Lost
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thomas.raines
Old
(Last edited by thomas.raines; 29th September 2012 at 06:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3255

DONATE TO ME
Download link:
QuickRecover.exe
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thomas.raines
Old
Thanks Meter 3255

DONATE TO ME
reserved because I can....lol
My Works
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2vivid
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Nice work !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda app-developers app

Beastmode
Old
Thanks Meter 7362

DONATE TO ME
Did someone say I finally got the tar file to download for ICS? Lol nice work Thomas making life easier for everyone is always awesome

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button it doesn't bite lol
If you love it then hit thanks or donate button :P
My Work:
Love it or leave it :P
Troll me? Go ahead i don't mind
GPL Compliant right here! haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Beastmode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thomas.raines
Old
Thanks Meter 3255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm View Post
Did someone say I finally got the tar file to download for ICS? Lol nice work Thomas making life easier for everyone is always awesome

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button it doesn't bite lol
Thanks man! Get on IRC or gtalk. I need your help...lol
My Works

dispozable
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines View Post
Thanks man! Get on IRC or gtalk. I need your help...lol
SWEET! Man I so thought I was the one messing things up when I was bootlooping. You two are the best!

itsLYNDZ
Old
(Last edited by itsLYNDZ; 9th June 2013 at 04:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
I did the Quick Recover process and then flashed another ROM like it said, but when it rebooted my old settings and apps were still in place. Also the touchkeys still work without doing the dialer thing.. Did something not work? What else should I wipe/format/mount in recovery to ensure a clean flash before I flash my Rom?

jpjezzy16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry help

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines View Post
Did you flash the exhilerate ICS ROM and now your phone won't do anything but bootloop?
Are you finished with testing and exploring the ICS ROM and are now ready to get back to your old Gingerbread ROM and patiently wait till we get something more reliable and stable?

Well ladies and gents, here it is. A simple Odin 1-click that will flash the old gb kernel and cwm recovery so you can get back to business.

There is no /system, /data, or /cache partitions included in this package. What is included is dk boot.img (kernel), cwm recovery.img and param.lfs. There is a huge chance your device will ONLY boot into recovery after flashing this so ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip on your sdcard.

I have tested this multiple times this morning and it hasn't failed me yet. But, as with anything I post:
I nor is Team Fah-Q or it's affiliates responsible for anything negative that may occour to your device as a result of probably something you did. Meaning, if you don't follow the instructions fully (which the are extremely simple) then you could brick your phone or cause a zombie apocolyps.

Now time for the good stuff:
How to flash:
1 Ensure you have to appropriate drivers installed on your computer
2 Ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip
3 Download QuickRecover.exe to your desktop
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
5 Plug phone into PC and boot into download mode
5 Ensure the connection box turns yellow and prints a port connection (if not, check PC connection and reboot phone to recovery again)
6 Press start button and wait
7 When it is finished and the phone reboots, quickly unplug the phone and hold volume up/down buttons to get into recovery mode. If you miss it, that is ok, just simply hold power button andvolume up/down untill phone vibrates. Release power button while still holding volume buttons untill phone is in recovery mode
8 Flash YourFavoriteROM.zip.
9 Once phone is rebooted open dialer and Dial *#*#2663#*#* then tap the TSP FW Update and Touchkey FW Update button (this will bring back your soft keys)
10 Reboot
11 Hit the thanks button and provide some feedback in this thread
12 Find and hit Erik's donate button (if you can) to help our brother out. He has fallen on some hard times.
13 Eirk, I put it out there because we all love your work and miss you a lot (no homo!)

Thanks to j3r3goss for the soft key fix
i did everything it said and some kind of batman logo came on the phone and now its stuck on the batman symbol what can i do to remove it

thomas.raines
Old
Thanks Meter 3255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjezzy16 View Post
i did everything it said and some kind of batman logo came on the phone and now its stuck on the batman symbol what can i do to remove it
Did you flash a ROM after running the oops recovery?
I would bet you didn't. So try booting to recover and flash a Rom...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
My Works