Post Reply

{OOPS!} Quick Recovery!

OP thomas.raines

29th September 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
thomas.raines's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,287
 
1,870 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Did you flash the exhilerate ICS ROM and now your phone won't do anything but bootloop?
Are you finished with testing and exploring the ICS ROM and are now ready to get back to your old Gingerbread ROM and patiently wait till we get something more reliable and stable?

Well ladies and gents, here it is. A simple Odin 1-click that will flash the old gb kernel and cwm recovery so you can get back to business.

There is no /system, /data, or /cache partitions included in this package. What is included is dk boot.img (kernel), cwm recovery.img and param.lfs. There is a huge chance your device will ONLY boot into recovery after flashing this so ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip on your sdcard.

I have tested this multiple times this morning and it hasn't failed me yet. But, as with anything I post:
I nor is Team Fah-Q or it's affiliates responsible for anything negative that may occour to your device as a result of probably something you did. Meaning, if you don't follow the instructions fully (which the are extremely simple) then you could brick your phone or cause a zombie apocolyps.

Now time for the good stuff:
How to flash:
1 Ensure you have to appropriate drivers installed on your computer
2 Ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip
3 Download QuickRecover.exe to your desktop
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
5 Plug phone into PC and boot into download mode
5 Ensure the connection box turns yellow and prints a port connection (if not, check PC connection and reboot phone to recovery again)
6 Press start button and wait
7 When it is finished and the phone reboots, quickly unplug the phone and hold volume up/down buttons to get into recovery mode. If you miss it, that is ok, just simply hold power button andvolume up/down untill phone vibrates. Release power button while still holding volume buttons untill phone is in recovery mode
8 Flash YourFavoriteROM.zip.
9 Once phone is rebooted open dialer and Dial *#*#2663#*#* then tap the TSP FW Update and Touchkey FW Update button (this will bring back your soft keys)
10 Reboot
11 Hit the thanks button and provide some feedback in this thread
12 Find and hit Erik's donate button (if you can) to help our brother out. He has fallen on some hard times.
13 Eirk, I put it out there because we all love your work and miss you a lot (no homo!)

Thanks to j3r3goss for the soft key fix
Last edited by thomas.raines; 30th September 2012 at 03:29 AM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
thomas.raines's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,287
 
1,870 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Download link:
QuickRecover.exe
Last edited by thomas.raines; 29th September 2012 at 06:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
thomas.raines's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,287
 
1,870 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
reserved because I can....lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
2vivid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 92
 
206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Nice work !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda app-developers app
29th September 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #5  
Beastmode's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,392
 
3,785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Did someone say I finally got the tar file to download for ICS? Lol nice work Thomas making life easier for everyone is always awesome

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button it doesn't bite lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Beastmode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
thomas.raines's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,287
 
1,870 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

Did someone say I finally got the tar file to download for ICS? Lol nice work Thomas making life easier for everyone is always awesome

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button it doesn't bite lol

Thanks man! Get on IRC or gtalk. I need your help...lol
30th September 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

Thanks man! Get on IRC or gtalk. I need your help...lol

SWEET! Man I so thought I was the one messing things up when I was bootlooping. You two are the best!
9th June 2013, 04:15 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
1,123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I did the Quick Recover process and then flashed another ROM like it said, but when it rebooted my old settings and apps were still in place. Also the touchkeys still work without doing the dialer thing.. Did something not work? What else should I wipe/format/mount in recovery to ensure a clean flash before I flash my Rom?
Last edited by itsLYNDZ; 9th June 2013 at 04:48 PM.
23rd September 2013, 04:02 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag Montgomery
Thanks Meter: 0
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Angry help
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

Did you flash the exhilerate ICS ROM and now your phone won't do anything but bootloop?
Are you finished with testing and exploring the ICS ROM and are now ready to get back to your old Gingerbread ROM and patiently wait till we get something more reliable and stable?

Well ladies and gents, here it is. A simple Odin 1-click that will flash the old gb kernel and cwm recovery so you can get back to business.

There is no /system, /data, or /cache partitions included in this package. What is included is dk boot.img (kernel), cwm recovery.img and param.lfs. There is a huge chance your device will ONLY boot into recovery after flashing this so ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip on your sdcard.

I have tested this multiple times this morning and it hasn't failed me yet. But, as with anything I post:
I nor is Team Fah-Q or it's affiliates responsible for anything negative that may occour to your device as a result of probably something you did. Meaning, if you don't follow the instructions fully (which the are extremely simple) then you could brick your phone or cause a zombie apocolyps.

Now time for the good stuff:
How to flash:
1 Ensure you have to appropriate drivers installed on your computer
2 Ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip
3 Download QuickRecover.exe to your desktop
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
5 Plug phone into PC and boot into download mode
5 Ensure the connection box turns yellow and prints a port connection (if not, check PC connection and reboot phone to recovery again)
6 Press start button and wait
7 When it is finished and the phone reboots, quickly unplug the phone and hold volume up/down buttons to get into recovery mode. If you miss it, that is ok, just simply hold power button andvolume up/down untill phone vibrates. Release power button while still holding volume buttons untill phone is in recovery mode
8 Flash YourFavoriteROM.zip.
9 Once phone is rebooted open dialer and Dial *#*#2663#*#* then tap the TSP FW Update and Touchkey FW Update button (this will bring back your soft keys)
10 Reboot
11 Hit the thanks button and provide some feedback in this thread
12 Find and hit Erik's donate button (if you can) to help our brother out. He has fallen on some hard times.
13 Eirk, I put it out there because we all love your work and miss you a lot (no homo!)

Thanks to j3r3goss for the soft key fix

i did everything it said and some kind of batman logo came on the phone and now its stuck on the batman symbol what can i do to remove it
23rd September 2013, 05:28 AM   |  #10  
thomas.raines's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,287
 
1,870 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjezzy16

i did everything it said and some kind of batman logo came on the phone and now its stuck on the batman symbol what can i do to remove it

Did you flash a ROM after running the oops recovery?
I would bet you didn't. So try booting to recover and flash a Rom...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes