OP denversc

7th January 2013, 03:45 PM   |  #61  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 316

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks to everyone who has given feedback about issues in v1.0.8, especially those who included the "Debug Information" screen contents

I have been keeping a list of bug reports and feature requests in Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/hox-cap-bu...ss/issues/list. So rest assured that even if I don't respond to your post individually your information is being valued highly.

The top 3 priority issues for me at the moment (which are exclusively reported by international one x and one x+ users) are:
  1. Issue 18: Notification LED turns on with capacitive buttons backlight
  2. Issue 19: "Dim" and "Bright" are the same brightness on some devices
  3. Issue 23: Buttons backlight times out after setting brightness, when it did not time out before
These 3 issues are somewhat mysterious to me and I don't have an ETA for a fix. Kernel sources for Jelly Bean might shed some light on this odd behaviour though, so it might be a while before they are fixed completely. There could be some test builds over the next few weeks with fixes to try out.
24th January 2013, 03:16 PM   |  #62  
Flag Parry Sound, canada
Thanks Meter: 277

819 posts
More
Re: [APP][Jan-03] Capacitive Button Brightness v1.0.8
Rogers HTC one x running cm10 nightlies, works great.

Thanks.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium HD app
8th February 2013, 04:45 PM   |  #63  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 25

230 posts
More
Doesn't work for me anymore

Using CM10 nightlys and 4.2.1. Maybe it's because the folder "currents" doesn't exist?

rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1786696
19th February 2013, 07:52 PM   |  #64  
Flag gurabo
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
after using dis now my bttons ligths powers only sometimes how can i fix dis?
22nd February 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #65  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzalbatrozz

Doesn't work for me anymore

Using CM10 nightlys and 4.2.1. Maybe it's because the folder "currents" doesn't exist?

rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1786696

There have been several reports of the "currents" file not being present on 4.2.x ROMs. I built a special build for another user that reported this issue which works around the lack of "currents" file. It's attached to this bug report on Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/hox-cap-bu...s/detail?id=25. Note that the "dim" function does not work in this build; only "on" and "off". So if you just want to turn the capacitive buttons backlight off, give this build a try. Some day, when I set aside time to develop this app more, I'll fix this in the official version.

If you're able, could you post the contents of the "Debug Information" screen of the app? Even better, attach it to the Google Code report just so I have a record of it. Thanks for reporting this.
22nd February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #66  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

428 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuphonik

after using dis now my bttons ligths powers only sometimes how can i fix dis?

If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the capacitive buttons backlight only turns back on sometimes when you expect it to turn on all of the time. I'm not familiar with this particular issue. Could you post the contents of the "Debug Information" screen (Settings -> Debug Information in the app itself), captured immediately following seeing this incorrect behaviour? I might be able to take a guess at the root cause from that information.
22nd February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #67  
Flag Plymouth, MN
Thanks Meter: 521

2,229 posts
More
For anyone wondering, kernel tuner supports this functionality in the app itself.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 02:35 AM   |  #68  
Flag gurabo
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denversc

If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the capacitive buttons backlight only turns back on sometimes when you expect it to turn on all of the time. I'm not familiar with this particular issue. Could you post the contents of the "Debug Information" screen (Settings -> Debug Information in the app itself), captured immediately following seeing this incorrect behaviour? I might be able to take a guess at the root cause from that information.

exactly i even unistall it the app and they keep acting weird how do it i do the debug info:?\
23rd February 2013, 08:04 PM   |  #69  
Jupiter, FL
Thanks Meter: 242

859 posts
More
I used to use the currents file to manually change my brightness. I still have this file in viper but when I change the brightness the lights end up staying on even after locking the phone. There must be a new file somewhere that I'd be able to edit?
Last edited by Genetic517; 19th March 2013 at 08:34 AM.
28th April 2013, 02:03 PM   |  #70  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Saturn III
Thanks Meter: 1,655

2,795 posts
Donate to Me
Any chance to make this app fit for HTC One SV?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread