will custom roms like cm10/JB allow bell mobile tv to work?

Search This thread

Octanee

Feb 15, 2011
hi guys, as title says, will any custom roms allow bell mobility TV to work? im just curious, on my older phone that i put CM9 onto i could not get bell mobility tv to work, it would say it stopped working, even after 30 different builds,

is this the same case here? or does it work? Thanks!

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
I just tried mine running task650 aokp and after the app opens it tells me that my device is not supported. But, maybe I'll try changing my build.prop so that it reflects a Bell Canada phone and not an American AT&T phone.....might work....I'll have to get back to you.

patthe

Jan 4, 2012
I tough maybe the app was not compatible jelly bean yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010

That is also possible....may not work until we get the holy Jellybean update. Going to be tomorrow night before I get back to my computer to get at my backed up original build.prop to compare device ids and stuff.

Octanee

Feb 15, 2011
That is also possible....may not work until we get the holy Jellybean update. Going to be tomorrow night before I get back to my computer to get at my backed up original build.prop to compare device ids and stuff.

ok good to know, and rom wise what is a good rom to run right now? i notice there is jellybean roms and cm10 rom, well cm10 is jelly bean i know that but whats the differences? i know my old phone, all roms where gingerbread and cm9 was ics, so of course you'd go cm9 if you wanted ics because its your only choice

and not sure device id wise, but i got this for you if it might help, kernel version 3.0.8-20120814.100513-user and build number of imm76d.i747mvlalh1

Last edited:

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster

The App is Jelly Bean compatible, as I am using it on the latest leak. I have tried to flash Bell's csc on top of other ROMs in the past and have had no luck getting Mobile Tv to work. This includes AOKP CM10 and stock ROMs from other countries. On my S2 as well. Maybe there is something in Build.prop, but I haven't been able to figure anything out.

Last edited:

Octanee

Feb 15, 2011
The App is Jelly Bean compatible, as I am using it on the latest leak. I have tried to flash Bell's csc on top of other ROMs in the past and have had no luck getting Mobile Tv to work. This includes AOKP CM10 and stock ROMs from other countries. On my S2 as well. Maybe there is something in Build.prop, but I haven't been able to figure anything out.

where do i find this leak? :eek: , i kinda want for some reason to keep being able to use mobile tv, i gave it up before but now with this phone being faster and just better than my old, i wouldnt mind to have the ability to watch some tv when i bored lol

update: i found the leak, put er on my phone too, yay jelly bean, so what is the difference or advantages of running say CM10 vs this jellybean update from bell? thanks

Last edited:

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
where do i find this leak? :eek: , i kinda want for some reason to keep being able to use mobile tv, i gave it up before but now with this phone being faster and just better than my old, i wouldnt mind to have the ability to watch some tv when i bored lol

update: i found the leak, put er on my phone too, yay jelly bean, so what is the difference or advantages of running say CM10 vs this jellybean update from bell? thanks

The Bell leak is somewhat buggy, but not enough to keep me from using it as a daily. The reason I use it over CM10 is simply because I love Touchwiz. CM10 seems way faster and loads of other benefit, but I think that Samsung has done really well with this as stock. If you don't stay stock, the Bell TV app will not work (to the best of my experience). It all comes down to what you like and what you want to work.

kvpxray

Jul 15, 2011
hi guys, as title says, will any custom roms allow bell mobility TV to work? im just curious, on my older phone that i put CM9 onto i could not get bell mobility tv to work, it would say it stopped working, even after 30 different builds,

I got it to work by using these settings in build.prop

- ro.product.name=d2vl
- ro.product.device=d2can
- ro.product.model=SGH-I747M
- ro.build.product=d2can

works so far without issues

Octanee

Feb 15, 2011

- ro.product.name=d2vl
- ro.build.product=d2can

interesting, i have not personally used or edited roms or files as such, how would i go about that more specifically? decompile a rom and put that into the .prop or open .prop in notepad or what lol

i am a technical computer guy but when it comes to androids and such and their builds, i know how to root, and flash and all that dealio just not about their filesystem structure, etc,

Reactions: jethro650

kvpxray

Jul 15, 2011
interesting, i have not personally used or edited roms or files as such, how would i go about that more specifically? decompile a rom and put that into the .prop or open .prop in notepad or what lol

i am a technical computer guy but when it comes to androids and such and their builds, i know how to root, and flash and all that dealio just not about their filesystem structure, etc,

Download ES File Explorer, and under settings make sure: Root explorer, up to root and mount file system are checked.

Go into the /System/ Directory and you'll see the build.prop file in there, press and hold to bring up the menu and open as a text file, and you should see the settings in there that you can change

Octanee

Feb 15, 2011
Download ES File Explorer, and under settings make sure: Root explorer, up to root and mount file system are checked.

Go into the /System/ Directory and you'll see the build.prop file in there, press and hold to bring up the menu and open as a text file, and you should see the settings in there that you can change

so this is a sure fire way to get mobile tv to work?, if so then i'd go to CM10 or something if its worth it vs bells jellybean,

also if i root and put cm10 on, can i undo it all and unroot, etc so that if i had to get the phone fixed they would never know it happened? or is there some special internal sucker that knows that youve went custom and doesnt revert back that the factory checks?

sorry i suck at explaining some times but i hope that worked LOL

kvpxray

Jul 15, 2011
so this is a sure fire way to get mobile tv to work?, if so then i'd go to CM10 or something if its worth it vs bells jellybean,

also if i root and put cm10 on, can i undo it all and unroot, etc so that if i had to get the phone fixed they would never know it happened? or is there some special internal sucker that knows that youve went custom and doesnt revert back that the factory checks?

sorry i suck at explaining some times but i hope that worked LOL

Haha, I think i got it. Yup, so far so good on my phone running CM10, in fact I'm using it right now! hahah.

There's a thread under the development section that tells you how to root without tripping the counter so that no one will know that you've rooted. And I believe that all you have to do to unroot is to flash an original stock rom

otoolerc

Feb 12, 2012
Halifax
I just edited this file, but I am still greeted with, "Coming to your device soon!"
Wiped app data with Titanium; rebooted as well.
I see this issue is current.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I am on 10/04 nightly

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
I just edited this file, but I am still greeted with, "Coming to your device soon!"

Any suggestions?

Did you reboot after making the changes? I got the exact same message when opening the app. Made the changes and rebooted and started watching TV.

Reactions: otoolerc

otoolerc

Feb 12, 2012
Halifax
Beautiful, sir.

For the record: I had restarted, initially, but when it didn't work and I went back to the file to review the text once again, I realised I forgot to stick that capital M in there. I changed it, saved it, but still no tv - simply because, I didn't restart again.

Cheers bud.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

silversurfer164

Jan 13, 2011
Calgary
I'm curious if anyone has got this working with Rogers Live TV. I have edited my build.prop to reflect what has been posted in this thread to no avail. I am running the latest AOKP. I have even taken editing the build.prop as far as modifying the description and fingerprint.

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
The ro. product.name may be different for Rogers. The rest should be the same. After editing make sure you save the edited file. Hopefully you have a nandroid in case changing something here makes your phone non-booting. After saving the edited file reboot, if that doesn't work reboot recovery wipe cache/dalvic/fix permissions and try that. If none of that works you may have to get a Rogers stock ROM and see what those four lines are on stock and change them to reflect that.

BTW- which app are you using to edit the build.prop?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- ro.product.name=d2vl
    - ro.build.product=d2can

- ro.product.name=d2vl
    - ro.build.product=d2can

Any suggestions?

Did you reboot after making the changes? I got the exact same message when opening the app. Made the changes and rebooted and started watching TV.