[Q] C spire & Sprint's GS3 similar?

Search This thread

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Hello everyone. I am curious to know if anybody with a c spire galaxy sIII tried root theirs using the sprint method? I know the phone has just arrived on cspire and hasn't been out a good week but since c spire's gs3 and sprint's version is of similar variant(sprint sph-l710, cspire sch-710), I was wondering if they would be compatible. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but there isn't a main section for cspire and also thank you for your time.

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
Hello everyone. I am curious to know if anybody with a c spire galaxy sIII tried root theirs using the sprint method? I know the phone has just arrived on cspire and hasn't been out a good week but since c spire's gs3 and sprint's version is of similar variant(sprint sph-l710, cspire sch-710), I was wondering if they would be compatible. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but there isn't a main section for cspire and also thank you for your time.

Just rooted mine using the sprint method. I flashed CWM with odin and the flashed SU and installed busybox. root is confirmed working on my CSpire GS3

Reactions: bone39367
May 10, 2011
Tupelo, MS
Root method worked out fine for me too. As far as Roms. I tried the paranoidandroid rom and it worked fine didn't get to test the network. I don't believe the TW Roms will work properly as they are based on sprint updates. But cm, aosp, and aokp based Roms should work fine.

sent from my Cspire Samsung Galaxy S3

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
Root method worked out fine for me too. As far as Roms. I tried the paranoidandroid rom and it worked fine didn't get to test the network. I don't believe the TW Roms will work properly as they are based on sprint updates. But cm, aosp, and aokp based Roms should work fine.

sent from my Cspire Samsung Galaxy S3

I have tried both cm10 and paranoidandroid and neither have working data. of course i am in an area which does not have 4g yet so it might only be an issue with 3g or the prl is not updating with a *228

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
That's not the website that I found the instructions on. But looks to still be correct.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app

abcleanonme

Feb 22, 2009
Pontotoc, MS
I just posted this in the other thread but I thought I would post it here just so everyone is on the same page between the two.

Okay. First of all, I didn't think to look at the PRL before I went and flashed the Sprint CM10. But now it says 20005. I restored my nandroid backup and pulled this PRL from my phone with QPST 2.7.374. In DFS Tool, I noticed there was a CSpire PRL 10009. I wrote this PRL to the Phone and am getting much better service on the stock TW ROM.

HOWEVER, I flashed the Sprint CM10 again and the same thing happened. It says PRL 10009, but there is little to no service and when it does have a little service, it is very flaky and eventually ends up with no data connection at all. Any more suggestions or ideas?

ocs111

Sep 21, 2008
Hernando, MS
I took my GS3 by CS yesterday for the upgrade they sent the text out about. Check my PRL this morning and mine says 20005; not sure what it was before they made changes last night.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just rooted mine using the sprint method. I flashed CWM with odin and the flashed SU and installed busybox. root is confirmed working on my CSpire GS3
    What was the update exactly?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda premium

From what I've heard, it improves the call reception and data. A lot of people have been getting dropped calls and horrible 3G speeds(not that they are all that great anyway)