Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,186 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Tip us?

OBSt4l0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Hey guys

CSpire Wireless formerly Cellular South has finally released their Galaxy S3. The model number is SCH-L710. The reason I am asking this question here and not in a different carriers forum is the L710 in model number. I don't pretend to understand why certain carriers GS3's are labeled with different model numbers, but I thought that since your GS3 and mine both have L710 I thought that possibly the hardware was closer to the same than say verizon's which is a completely different model designation. That being said I am desperate for a custom rom but don't wanna just go flashing any GS3 roms out there to see if any will work on my network. I would feel more comfortable knowing that I had a way to odin flash a stock rom in case any problems arise. Anyway if someone is kind enough and generous enough to help me locate a stock odin flashable rom, then I would be willing to help in any way I can to find a usable rom or port for my version of this great phone.

Thank you so much in advance

abcleanonme
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
I went ahead and flashed the latest CM10 nightly for the Sprint version. Everything seems to be fine, except for data. I still have data, but it is very flaky and won't hardly hold a signal. I suspect it to be the PRL or CM itself.

We definitely need a stock rom for CSpire. I am willing to help any way I can.

nicholaaaas
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcleanonme View Post
I went ahead and flashed the latest CM10 nightly for the Sprint version. Everything seems to be fine, except for data. I still have data, but it is very flaky and won't hardly hold a signal. I suspect it to be the PRL or CM itself.

We definitely need a stock rom for CSpire. I am willing to help any way I can.
find the proper PRL for C Spire and use this method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1880781) to flash it
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaaaas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OBSt4l0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaaaas View Post
find the proper PRL for C Spire and use this method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1880781) to flash it
Good luck finding that. Cspire keeps things like that unattainable. Unless *228 will work properly to update prl. Should anyone come across it please let me know. Bout to flash CM10

abcleanonme
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
What about using QPST or something to pull the PRL off of a stock device? Can we get someone to do this before flashing any ROMs?

abcleanonme
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Okay. First of all, I didn't think to look at the PRL before I went and flashed the Sprint CM10. But now it says 20005. I restored my nandroid backup and pulled this PRL from my phone with QPST 2.7.374. In DFS Tool, I noticed there was a CSpire PRL 10009. I wrote this PRL to the Phone and am getting much better service on the stock TW ROM.

HOWEVER, I flashed the Sprint CM10 again and the same thing happened. It says PRL 10009, but there is little to no service and when it does have a little service, it is very flaky and eventually ends up with no data connection at all. Any more suggestions or ideas?

OBSt4l0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
What about using QPST or something to pull the PRL off of a stock device? Can we get someone to do this before flashing any ROMs?
after a few hours of trying to get my phone into diagnostic mode i found this that worked. *#22745927 then enable hidden menu then *#7284#

now i think i need to find a newer version of qpst so that it will recognize my phone.

abcleanonme
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
This one worked for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcfsxo5d6v...ST.2.7.374.rar
The Following User Says Thank You to abcleanonme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OBSt4l0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
while i try to get qpst to read my phone can you please upload a copy of our prl and link it please

OBSt4l0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
pm me please