5,594,386 Members 34,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Tip us?

abcleanonme
Old
(Last edited by abcleanonme; 6th October 2012 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Sorry for the wait, my internet crapped out last night so I just gave up until today. Anyway, here is the modem.backup from the stock c spire ROM and nandroid of the c spire stock ROM.

modem.backup https://www.dropbox.com/s/irnlftfm9rmrn2e/modem.backup

Nandroid http://db.tt/glg2DgVc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abcleanonme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bone39367
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcleanonme View Post
Sorry for the wait, my internet crapped out last night so I just gave up until today. Anyway, here is the modem.backup from the stock c spire ROM and nandroid of the c spire stock ROM.
Thanks so much man. Been looking for this. Now the fun begins lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to bone39367 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 8th October 2012 at 07:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
This is safe to restore for sprint users as well. Works beautifully with stock tether fully functioning. Worth tryin if u r stock rooted. Find the cspire bootanimation funny as hell too
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

afterthought325
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just letting yall know that If you need anyone else to test stuff out, i'll be happy to help. Thanks again for the work yall are doing.!
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) - Stock, rooted.
ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER PRIME - Unlocked bootloader, Overclocked to 1.7GHz, Androwook JB preview.

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 9th October 2012 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Default Rooted Stock Roms

Flash in recovery.Leaves recovery custom. Also reflashes modem. https://rapidshare.com/files/1003300205/CSPIRE.zip
or
Flash in ODIN--pulled for now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boohoo007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Back to the start

Just got the S3 from C Spire this weekend and seems much faster than the S1 but want to root with stock rom (same as I had on S1). My issue is the phone and drivers!!!!! I can get it to set up to explore the phone and Sd card but Odin will not connect. Any input on how you got to the step of installing CWM?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohoo007 View Post
Just got the S3 from C Spire this weekend and seems much faster than the S1 but want to root with stock rom (same as I had on S1). My issue is the phone and drivers!!!!! I can get it to set up to explore the phone and Sd card but Odin will not connect. Any input on how you got to the step of installing CWM?
In short, how do you get the Samsung drivers? I pulled them from Samsung but these keep the phone trying to "connect" and eventually I get a message on the phone screen that the PC does not recognize the phone. Tried Samsung Kies and same result. The only way i can get the phone to connect is take off all other drivers from PC and allow phone to connect as Samsung SCH L710 MTP BUT the driver is not recognized when I plug it up in download mode.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

bone39367
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

In short, how do you get the Samsung drivers? I pulled them from Samsung but these keep the phone trying to "connect" and eventually I get a message on the phone screen that the PC does not recognize the phone. Tried Samsung Kies and same result. The only way i can get the phone to connect is take off all other drivers from PC and allow phone to connect as Samsung SCH L710 MTP BUT the driver is not recognized when I plug it up in download mode.

What I did is uninstall samsung kies and any previous samsung drivers I had installed. I had used the sprint driver for the gs3 cause when I first got mines, samsung's website didn't have a cspire usb driver(they do now however). Maybe your samsung kies and the driver installed with it is interfering with odin?

billard412
Old
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

completely uninstall kies.
use the drivers here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...r_v1_4_6_0.exe i would disconnect from the internet while installng. Once finished, stay disconnected and plug phone in. Let windows do its thing. Should be good after that.

boohoo007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone39367 View Post
What I did is uninstall samsung kies and any previous samsung drivers I had installed. I had used the sprint driver for the gs3 cause when I first got mines, samsung's website didn't have a cspire usb driver(they do now however). Maybe your samsung kies and the driver installed with it is interfering with odin?
Thanks...got the phone recognized and everything is as it should be EXCEPT Odin states it cannor open port (COM) and every attempt times out (FAIL!). I have taken out all ports from device manager and let the pc reboot bringing up only what is needed. changed cords and USB outlets and still same thing. Could it be Odin (using Odin 3 v3.04). I even went into MSCONFIG and dropped the Kies reference there to be sure there was no interfence.

I'm stumpted.

billard412
Old
Thanks Meter 1896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks...got the phone recognized and everything is as it should be EXCEPT Odin states it cannor open port (COM) and every attempt times out (FAIL!). I have taken out all ports from device manager and let the pc reboot bringing up only what is needed. changed cords and USB outlets and still same thing. Could it be Odin (using Odin 3 v3.04). I even went into MSCONFIG and dropped the Kies reference there to be sure there was no interfence.

I'm stumpted.
Do you get an error message on the phone as well? Could be a bad tar file. See if there is an error on the phone. Let me no Cuz I'll pull the Odin tar if its no good