5,595,760 Members 38,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.1.2]Slim Bean-i717 [All Languages]

Tip us?
 
kennypow3rs
Old
#21  
kennypow3rs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 699
Posts: 1,882
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkiraj View Post
Right now I am on paranoid android ROM... downloading slim right now....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Cool story bro....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
HTC One M7
HTC One M8
Moto G
 
bradmikd
Old
#22  
bradmikd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 93
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkiraj View Post
Right now I am on paranoid android ROM... downloading slim right now....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
You will be happy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
 
rahsaanabdul
Old
#23  
rahsaanabdul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 261
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NC
I'll advise anyone who will listen to definitely give this ROM a go. Dagr8's kernel is icing on the cake also!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
 
wase4711
Old
#24  
wase4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3231
Posts: 8,135
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Outside of Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
hate to ask this, but any change in BT phone calls with this rom?
thank you
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
Palm Treo
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...
 
fatrabitt
Old
#25  
fatrabitt's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 95
Join Date: Feb 2012
Smooth as butter!
 
Vellan
Old
#26  
Vellan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 43
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
hate to ask this, but any change in BT phone calls with this rom?
thank you
It lists the below on the changelog page (link in OP) under known issues:

Galaxy Note: BT audio doesn't trasnfer audio for phone calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vellan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
martyh1
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 139
Join Date: Apr 2007
I'm trying 2.5 again (will live without tethering and spen support for the time being). Wondering if 2.6 has improved battery life. I'm getting killed on battery life. 11:30a and I'm down to 41% (from 100% at 6:30a). I'm not installing anything I haven't run before (except using some new built in JB features like nav bar, battery bar, and google now). I just tried lowering min freq to 192 to see if that helps. One question: does running at 241 DPI hurt performance? I don't think it matters if I'm at 241 or 320 (i.e. battery life pretty bad at both) but was just curious.
 
krarvind
Old
#28  
krarvind's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 12720
Posts: 5,883
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saint John, NB

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh1 View Post
I'm trying 2.5 again (will live without tethering and spen support for the time being). Wondering if 2.6 has improved battery life. I'm getting killed on battery life. 11:30a and I'm down to 41% (from 100% at 6:30a). I'm not installing anything I haven't run before (except using some new built in JB features like nav bar, battery bar, and google now). I just tried lowering min freq to 192 to see if that helps. One question: does running at 241 DPI hurt performance? I don't think it matters if I'm at 241 or 320 (i.e. battery life pretty bad at both) but was just curious.
dpi has no effect on battery. I have lost 12% in 7.5 hrs with 35 mins screen on time. AB half way. battery seems great. Yesterday i had a 5 screen on over 20+ hrs.

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
USB Debugging:Here

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues
 
h3r3tic
Old
#29  
h3r3tic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 624
Join Date: Mar 2012
Ya 2.6 is providing the same awesome battery life as 2.5. You must have an app of something hanging. Also in developer settings set pm sleep mode to power collapse (best). Also picked up lte earlier outta town and was seeing 33 mb down! Sick nasty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
 
bsw11
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 654
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
hate to ask this, but any change in BT phone calls with this rom?
thank you
No - the notes on his site say it is not fixed. I just don't get why if they have the source they cannot fix the full BT problems which include not displaying Artist and Title data on car audio systems as well. Come on already!

Also not working will be HW+ support for full MP4 video display including interlaced SD video playback.

If those 2 things get fixed, you can take ICS and put it on the same shelf as DOS.
Barry
ATT Galaxy NOTE 2 with Jedi!
www.bananahama.com

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes