XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

[Q] [Bricked] Kindle Fire, Please Help

30th September 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello, I bricked my kindle fire by flashing a update.zip file because I wanted to return to stock. I wiped everything from cache to system and now my Kindle Fire just hangs on the KF screen.

I tried using KFU, FireKit, and I can get into adb but I can't access the adb shell and I can not get into fastboot.

Any help would be appreciated. And I don't know if my battery is even charging either. The battery is dead. Thanks.
30th September 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 960

10,007 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleRox86

Hello, I bricked my kindle fire by flashing a update.zip file because I wanted to return to stock. I wiped everything from cache to system and now my Kindle Fire just hangs on the KF screen.

I tried using KFU, FireKit, and I can get into adb but I can't access the adb shell and I can not get into fastboot.

Any help would be appreciated. And I don't know if my battery is even charging either. The battery is dead. Thanks.

Can you access recovery?

Sent from my Kindle Fire
1st October 2012, 01:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 28

153 posts
I'm having the same problem except I soft bricked mine. :c It doesn't even show up on ADB.
1st October 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
I literally just had this exact problem, and the ONLY thing that actually worked was buying a factory cable from SKORPN. After I got it, all I had to do was plug it in and used the Kindle fire utility to install FIREFIREFIFE and boom, it worked like a charm.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
1st October 2012, 08:11 PM   |  #5  

153 posts
Mine doesn't even show up on my PC or ADB [Kindle Fire Utility]. What should I do? :c Point me to a utility that will fix it?
1st October 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey117225

Mine doesn't even show up on my PC or ADB [Kindle Fire Utility]. What should I do? :c Point me to a utility that will fix it?

Even if your computer won't recognize the Kindle fire, it won't matter. The factory cable made by SKOPRN is specially made for your computer to recognize it, but it won't say that it has recognized it. By the way, there is no utility that will unbrick your fire, and trust me I have tried. The only thing that actually worked was buying a factory cable. It's only 12-13 dollars and if your fire ever gets bricked again, the cable will save the day. Almost always.
2nd October 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #7  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
More
Pls try reinstalling the drivers.. I have attached the steps below: It should help

1) Download KFU from this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399889

2) Before you start rooting ur device.. do the below

3) Extract the util.. run the install_drivers.bat.. this will help you install the drivers..

4) Once it is successfully done..follow the steps outlined in the document attached below (install drivers for ur kindle.docx)

5) Next step is to root ur device and install the google framework and market

6) To root your device.. run run.bat.. select option 2 to install the root.. it might take sometime and will restart the kindle and notify you

7) to install the google apps..run option 6 and then select 1.. sit back and watch the magic happen
Attached Files
File Type: docx Installing Drivers for ur kindle.docx - [Click for QR Code] (629.8 KB, 49 views)
Last edited by kishorev; 2nd October 2012 at 03:50 AM.
2nd October 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #8  

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorev

Pls try reinstalling the drivers.. I have attached the steps below: It should help

1) Download KFU from this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399889

2) Before you start rooting ur device.. do the below

3) Extract the util.. run the install_drivers.bat.. this will help you install the drivers..

4) Once it is successfully done..follow the steps outlined in the document attached below (install drivers for ur kindle.docx)

5) Next step is to root ur device and install the google framework and market

6) To root your device.. run run.bat.. select option 2 to install the root.. it might take sometime and will restart the kindle and notify you

7) to install the google apps..run option 6 and then select 1.. sit back and watch the magic happen

I did all that, besides I can't get past step 2 because it says ADB is offline. Even with the drivers installed it shows up on the computer. What am I doing wrong

EDIT: I got it to activate ADB but still won't go on fastboot or anything. Atleast I got somewhere but now what? It won't even start up lmao. Why did I ever have to install CM9 on my device without installing FireFireFire

EDIT again: LOL I just broke it even more now it doesn't get past the Kindle fire screen, now what? Atleast I have a reason to take it to best buy now, the last time I went I said it was a hardware issue, now I can say it won't get past the kindle fire screen. Maybe I can take it back there and see if they can do anything xD

EDIT again: Good news, it's broken enough to get a new one! So I'm gonna get a refund and see how this goes c;

EDIT: Fixxed it without returning. No worries
Last edited by Joey11746; 6th November 2012 at 09:19 PM.
2nd October 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 71

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey11746

I did all that, besides I can't get past step 2 because it says ADB is offline. Even with the drivers installed it shows up on the computer. What am I doing wrong

EDIT: I got it to activate ADB but still won't go on fastboot or anything. Atleast I got somewhere but now what? It won't even start up lmao. Why did I ever have to install CM9 on my device without installing FireFireFire

EDIT again: LOL I just broke it even more now it doesn't get past the Kindle fire screen, now what? Atleast I have a reason to take it to best buy now, the last time I went I said it was a hardware issue, now I can say it won't get past the kindle fire screen. Maybe I can take it back there and see if they can do anything xD

EDIT again: Good news, it's broken enough to get a new one! So I'm gonna get a refund and see how this goes c;

EDIT: Leave the new one stock.lol

EDIT again: Leave the new one stock.lol

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app
Last edited by hutson23; 3rd October 2012 at 10:48 PM.
2nd October 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,393

4,021 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey11746

Just so you know, your device was never "broken". You just don't know what you're doing. But I agree with the previous post. Until you have a better idea of how the Kindle Fire works, leave it stock.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

[Edit:] And this constant practice of breaking one's own device and sending them back to Amazon despite knowing that it violates the terms of the warranty, is probably one of the biggest reasons Amazon locked down the new Kindle Fire HDs and probably every subsequent device moving forward.

The old saying, "You made your bed, now sleep in it", definitely applies here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread