Originally Posted by kishorev
Pls try reinstalling the drivers.. I have attached the steps below: It should help
1) Download KFU from this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399889
2) Before you start rooting ur device.. do the below
3) Extract the util.. run the install_drivers.bat.. this will help you install the drivers..
4) Once it is successfully done..follow the steps outlined in the document attached below (install drivers for ur kindle.docx)
5) Next step is to root ur device and install the google framework and market
6) To root your device.. run run.bat.. select option 2 to install the root.. it might take sometime and will restart the kindle and notify you
7) to install the google apps..run option 6 and then select 1.. sit back and watch the magic happen
I did all that, besides I can't get past step 2 because it says ADB is offline. Even with the drivers installed it shows up on the computer. What am I doing wrong
EDIT: I got it to activate ADB but still won't go on fastboot or anything. Atleast I got somewhere but now what? It won't even start up lmao. Why did I ever have to install CM9 on my device without installing FireFireFire
EDIT again: LOL I just broke it even more
now it doesn't get past the Kindle fire screen, now what? Atleast I have a reason to take it to best buy now, the last time I went I said it was a hardware issue, now I can say it won't get past the kindle fire screen.
Maybe I can take it back there and see if they can do anything xD
EDIT again: Good news, it's broken enough to get a new one! So I'm gonna get a refund and see how this goes c;
EDIT: Fixxed it without returning. No worries